Mod: Weapon Realism Mod 1.0
This mod from MattyDienhoff tweaks some of the weapons' characteristics so they behave in a more realistic manner in-game. See File Details for more info.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: MattyDienhoff
The aim of this modification is to tweak some of the weapons' characteristics so they behave in a more realistic manner in-game. It is not an attempt to make every weapon as realistic as possible no matter what, because Grand Theft Auto IV isn't capable of being (nor is it meant to be) a completely realistic simulation of ballistics; this is merely an effort to change the things that don't make much sense so they make more sense, while hopefully maintaining game balance, with the end goal being to make the weapons more satisfying to use without getting ridiculous. Important changes include extended effective range for most weapons and tweaked accuracy, damage and magazine capacity for some others.
This mod is designed for a keyboard and mouse control setup. Using it with a console controller setup may result in unexpected results due to the different way aiming and targeting is handled.
* Both the Pistol (Glock 17) and the Combat Pistol (Desert Eagle) have a somewhat longer effective range, while the balance between the two is maintained (the Desert Eagle still has a slightly longer range than the Glock) and their maximum ammo capacities are reduced to 510 and 270, respectively, which equates to 30 magazines' worth, still a hell of a lot for weapons no one uses as a primary weapon in a shootout if they can help it. The Combat Pistol's damage is increased slightly.
* The Pump Action Shotgun's magazine capacity has been halved to 4 rounds for realism purposes, making reloads more frequent, but the damage is increased somewhat to help offset this. Range and accuracy are increased slightly. You can hit targets at longer ranges than before, but more often than not it'll do only a little damage because most of the pellets miss due to spread.
* The Combat Shotgun now has a moderately longer effective range, significantly increased damage and slightly improved accuracy, while its magazine capacity has been reduced from 10 to 8. The total ammo capacity for both shotguns has been increased from 80 to 100.
* The Micro SMG's effective range is increased somewhat, but its accuracy is also reduced somewhat.
* The SMG's effective range is increased somewhat.
* The Assault Rifle (AK-47) now has a significantly extended effective range and slightly increased damage, but reduced accuracy.
* The Carbine Rifle (M4) also has a significantly extended effective range (slightly longer than that of the AK-47), and slightly increased accuracy, but slightly reduced damage.
* The Sniper Rifle's magazine capacity has been increased from 5 to 10 to match its model, which features an extended 10-round magazine. Its total ammo capacity has been increased from 50 to 70, ditto with the Combat Sniper Rifle.
|File Name: Weapon_Realism_Mod.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 6 KB||Files Added: 11,427|
|Downloads: 912 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,911,963 (30,823 last week)|
|Posted: 10.04.2009||Supporters: n/a|