Mod: GTA San Andreas .LOD Mod
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: All Downloads (715) Patches (3) | Mods (660) | Maps (39) | Movies (3) | Others (10)
GTa San Andreas .Lod Mod Brings Quality in .LOD World.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- No Permission is granted for the public use, to share or change the contents of the files of use in other projects or total conversions other than personal use in your private home. Any file hosting web site that holds links with the following materials will be removed as the website owns its own copyright that covers the project standards.
Don't come to me to ask about this, I'm not saying this twice.
DON'T USE this mod for Srt3. It will mess up your entire game.
Go to the Official GTAForums Page or Official ModDB SRT3 Page and download the DLC, specially made for Srt3.
You can visit the Official GTaforums Thread of San Andreas .Lod Mod at Right Here
User Posted Image
Game Version: Works with all version.
Mod Total Size: 173MB
Mod Total Size on Disk: 177MB [Disk]
Total Files: 4610 files
* 24.col files
* 35.txd files
* 4492.dff files
* 26 folders with 57 files
Release Date: 21.02.2012
Is best that you should go to Feature Section fro General Issues! & GTa San Andreas .Lod Mod to know what changes the mod does.
Visit the Tutorial Section as well to know what you have to do before installing the mod. I put them there because I go above the 10000 character limit.
User Posted Image
The mod changes the entire structure of San Andreas draw distance view.
The mod is a setup installer. No need to worry, the setup will make folder and all you need to do is just to choose where you want to be installed. This just installs the mod in your PC, you still need to install the mod by yourself to have it in your game. I took this decision to know what your downloading, installing and to choose whatever you like from the mod.
You will wonder why in the world there are some many files. Well because every .lod object is connected to each normal object, reaching this number.
The .dff's: .lod world is based on .dff's like any other normal material that you find in the game. Without this, the mod doesn't exit. Though, I had some serious problems with the game and it forced me to bring some normal .dff's in order to not see strange white objects into thin air at some certain point of the map.
The .txd's: because couple of objects required to merge with other materials, some of them weren't connected with the same .txd
The col.'s: without the new collision files, you will see objects disappearing at some certain angles. [Read General Issues]
The 5 new objects: I had to use the last 5 ID's in order to bring some objects in .lod world because these materials didn't have nearby materials to connect. [Read Things you need to know]
Underwater Terrian Aka Seabed: This belongs in .lod world as well so I had to bring them too. Although we have two .lod trees that are covering the entire Country territory.
No .lod Trees [Read Things you need to know]
User Posted Image
The mod doesn't lagg and it will never give such problems. The game and his textures are so old that any four years old PC can handle them and mine is very old.
Draw Distance Settings: Don't think that if you install this mod, you will have a better change of playing the game much smoother with draw distance set to off because .lod objects are now changed with the same normal materials, being the same object, you will succeed. No at all, the game is still be affected by this setting, as everything you see from distance will fade away much quicker, getting nothing more than just the sky. So you better set this option to max.
* Options - Display Setup - Advanced - Draw Distance set to Max.
The 5 new objects can be found in XNew Files Folder and their collision can be found in CountryW Folder: countryw_1.col; countryw_2.col; countryw_6.col. Without installing these files, the game will crash at loading screen. I separate them from the other folder because IMG Manager doesn't accept new files in Bulk Replace. They are working by simply Import them into the gta3.img.
* The Collision files are part of the game as the new files belong here.
I haven't tried with SA-MP, the reason is that I get the Microsoft Visual C++ run time error library bug. Our electricity went down when I was playing SA-MP, result of permanent crashing of Mutliplayer. Yes, I know that I need to make another account in my PC, but I can't afford to do this right now. So you need to test it by yourself, but I'm sure it has to work
Why No Trees:
* The mod doesn't bring trees because there aren't any unsued .IDE & .IPL. The game accepts only five 5 new strings of .IDE & .IPL as I already used them somewhere else.
* There is a way for adding trees in the entire game, but is necessary to use San Andreas Limit Adjuster, but as we all know the Tool is very buggy. What I want for my mod is to not ask for tools, patches in order to play it.
* I have found 4 hidden .lod trees fully functional in vegepart.IDE from generic folder.
No matter what kind of tree I bring in .lod world, the leaves are not appearing at palm trees, some trees are disappearing from distance or flickering with each other. I'm not sure why such problems occur and I have tried to fix these issues with .dff, .col and nothing seems to bring them back in their normal stage. I think this is the reason R* hide these objects, as they couldn't bring trees in .lod world. I've found out that these 4 files are used in Project Oblivion and they are working properly.
Why I haven't fixed Saint Mark's Bistro .lod? Because Project Oblivion uses most of those objects for its own trees, leaves, bushes, etc, so I can't do anything about this.
I couldn't manage to bring every object in .lod world because I didn't have enough nearby objects to merge with.
* Those that aren't in .lod world are: Las Brujas; Area 69; Quarry; Pirate Ship with its wooden pylons boulevard from Pirates In Men's Pants; Prickle Pine; The World's Biggest Cock. Works with Project Oblivion. As you already know Project Oblivion is based only on trees that are appearing only in normal world, still you need to make some tweaks in your own GTA SA if you want to have both mods. The same goes for any other map/mod that is based on .IDE and .IPL
|File Name: GTa_SA_.Lod_Mod_Installer.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 49.86 MB||Files Added: 9,387|
|Downloads: 4,347 (4 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,182,697 (85,184 last week)|
|Posted: 21.02.2012||Supporters: n/a|