Cheats & Hints
Guild Wars Hints, Tips
- Name Ranger's pet
- Type /namepet at the chat window. Note: Make sure to put a space between the "t" of "pet" and the name of your pet.
- Check deaths
- Type /deaths at the chat window to check your deaths in the game.
- Checking hours of game play
- While playing the game at any time, you can "broadcast" your "age", which represents the hours you have played the game. Press [Enter] then type /age. You can do this in any of the voice commands (Guild, All, Team, etc.) to let your friends find out just how long you've played.
- Hint: Charr Hides
- An easy way to get lots of Charr Hides (a valuable item that gives fur squares), and sometimes Rune, is to continually play the Ruins of Surmia mission in Ascalon. It is recommended that you are level 10 or higher or be with a party with level 10 or higher players. Make sure to have Resurrection Signet equipped, as it may be needed. Also, get both the bags and the belt pouch to hold all the items that are dropped. This is also useful for leveling up easily.
- Hint: Using Resurrection Signet multiple times
- Resurrection Signet becomes unusable after you resurrected someone, but when you defeat a Boss it becomes usable again.
- Hint: Making Gold Dye
- First, mix Orange and Silver to make Sweet 1. Then mix Sweet 1 and Yellow to make Sweet 2. Finally, mix Sweet 2 and Silver to make Gold Dye (O+S+Y+S).
- Hint: Making Pink Dye
- Mix Purple and Red (and Silver for a darker pink). This looks very nice on warriors.
- Hint: Easy money
- You can "farm" gold by choosing a species of enemy to hunt to collect their gold drop. In the Ascalon area, the biggest gold drop is 20 gold. Try going to Kryta and hunting the Ettins in the west end for better drops (20 to 80 gold). The best areas are in the Maguma Jungle and Crystal Desert (80 to 130 gold). These areas are very difficult for most people, and they choose to "run" to the next town/outpost/city instead of fighting. Instead of loosing money from it (most runners ask 500 to 4,000 gold in payment), fight your way there. You will make money and level up quickly.
- Hint: Gift For Althea quest: More money
- After you have collected either the Beautiful Feather (in middle of Lakeside Village), Beautiful Pearl (in a beautiful shell near Miller Upton's home), or Beautiful Pendant (in a chest slightly northeast of the bandit camp) and take it to him, he will decline the gift saying it is not good enough. Instead of getting the other two items to show him, you can simply talk to him about the beautiful item again. This time he will take the gift.
- Hint: Gift For Althea quest: Easier completion
- After you get either the Beautiful Feather, Pearl, or Pendant, instead of taking it to him, take it to Althea and you will get the reward. She will say something about talking with him, and if you already did the "Mesmer's Burden" quest and have the Devourer Egg for Old Mack, she will walk away.
- Hint: Easy faction points
- Immediately after logging into the game with a PvP character, start the "The Team Trials" quest. Complete all the missions until you get to the last one, "The Killcount". Intentionally lose this mission and you will be taken back to the beginning. Repeat this until you think you have the desired amount of faction points then complete the last match to make it to the PvP grouping lobby location. Talk to the Priest next to the storage people to spend your points on items and skills. Note: Killing as many people as you can in the missions will gain more faction points.
- Hint: Using advanced weapons and items for beginners
- There are storage areas (only Post-Searing) that allow you to store any item or weapon desired. As most people do, start with a first character and play for awhile. You will be rewarded with lots of good weapons, runes, and items that a new player cannot get at the beginning of Post-Searing. Store the objects in your storage file in any town, city, or outpost. Then, start with a new character and get past Pre-Searing to unlock the storage areas. Go to the storage location and you will have high level weapons and items for a low level character. Note: There is a part at the beginning of the game (Pre Searing) that does not yet have storage areas; you must complete that first.
- Glitch: Have any weapon or shield for any class on PvP
- First, make a PvP. When you get to the last part of creation (name), go back to the beginning of the character creation and start over. The character that you make will have the weapon and shield of your last character.