Mod: OccupationCS: Source 1.3.1
Half-Life 2: All Downloads (1400) Patches (6) | Demos (2) | Mods (941) | Maps (328) | Movies (5) | Others (116)
This mod from Realistic Ballistic Software is a HL2 combat simulation mod that implements a unique bullet, damage and game rules system. It creates a new and innovative approach to Multiplayer Gaming using ownership as the principal objective and controll
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: Realistic Ballistic Software
OccupationCS: Source (Counter-Strike) Version 1.3.1 Software Required: Steam, HL2 and Counter-Strike: Source is required to play this game
Weapons and Movement:
- Ironsight and Hip Aiming has been properly calibrated to Movement and Recoil of the weapon. In short, The Bullet goes where the Weapon / Crosshair is pointing when discharged minus the weapons accuracy and bullet mechanics (resistance, shape, gravity, etc.).
- In ironsights the movement bob is synchronized with the server removing all the distortion of the player weapon and map view
- Recoil is much more accurate for the specific weapon and bullet type.
- Footsteps are now surface specific with armor movement sounds superimposed over them.
- SMG1 now has the specs of the MP7a1 with 4.6mm X 30 mm ammunition
- The Ammobag bug showing the wrong contents in the Supply Bag has been fixed.
- Stamina is recovered quicker and does not drain as rapidly when climbing ladders
- Ammobag render has been changed.
- The player is no longer getting stuck when recovering from unconsciousness and is rarely falling through the world when going unconscious after falling. (happens very infrequently - working on it)
- Crashes caused by dying while holding grenades have been resolved
- Tracers are more discrete and better scaled
Ballistics and Damage:
- Ballistics logic no longer drops fragments that separate inside a solid body. Its what makes JHP’s and HP’s so deadly against soft to medium targets.
- Ballistic reporting now captures Bullets that fragment completely on impact and during penetration
- Ragdolls reaction to impacts more realistic
- The Kevlar materials Tensile and Yield strengths have been adjusted downward to reflect real world values
- HUD elements are now reactive so they only displays when there information changes or through the player interface.
- Holding "h" forces the relevant HUD components to display
- Rebuy Button enabled in Armory
- New Icons have been created by Joker3004 and incorporated in to the HUD. More to come…
Gameplay and Maps:
- AI has been improved by streamlining NPC decision making and extending their target memory. They are more deliberate and focused and much less forgiving.
- In order to Secure the Theatre the Resistance must now secure all HQ's like the Occupation.
- CS maps are now supported for Multiplayer gameplay. Buy zones act as entry zones and in defuse maps Bomb zones act as unoccupied HQ’s. In hostage rescue maps the hostage positions are used to randomly choose a location for the Occupation HQ and a randomly chosen location close to the Resistance Entry Zone acts as the Resistance HQ.
- A player now has a 5 Second window of invulnerability right after deploying in theater or until they fire a weapon which ever comes first. Throwing Grenades and Punching does not negate this window. This gives a player time to position in CS Maps in case of spawn campers.
- New game rules states have been added including Quagmire and Attrition:
Quagmire occurs when the Score at the end of the map is tied. In addition the team holding the Liberation designation at the end of the map is awarded a single point.
Attrition occurs when one of the factions have no players alive in theater after the Initial Window closes. If the Resistance Clears the theater they become the Liberation.
- The issue of Transport Units not responding to deployment requests have been resolved.
OccupationCS: Source uses the Counter-Strike Weapons and the HL2 projectile weapons (over 80 ammo types). It has its own installation from Occupation called OccupationCS. This is required in order to comply with copyright conditions. Owning HL2 and Counter-Strike: Source is required to play this version.
Introduction To The Game
The Citadel has fallen and now humanity must get back up. With the alien nemesis defeated the surviving rebel army attempts to reestablish the rule of law. Unable to agree on whether to continue the Black Mesa experiments or to outlaw all alien technology the rebel army fractures into two rival factions: The Alliance and the Coalition.
With the fall of the new alien enemy comes the return of the old enemy, ourselves.
WELCOME TO THE OCCUPATION
Occupation is a HL2 combat simulation mod that implements a unique bullet, damage and game rules system. It creates a new and innovative approach to Multiplayer Gaming using ownership as the principal objective and controlled transport reinforcement as the principal means of respawning. Occupation also provides a Single player training mode pitting two HL2 AI run Factions against each other with you in the middle. The game seeks to enhance the FPS by creating a realistic game play environment where the bullets don't just penetrate and exit the target but also expand and fragment inside them causing the target not just to die but weaken, collapse and even pass out.
External and Terminal Ballistic Modeling:In Occupation Bullet behavior is based on real world physics. The bullets ability to move and penetrate depends on its physical characteristics such as energy, diameter, mass, shape and material composition to name a few. As bullets are projected through time and space their interaction with the world cause them to slow, drop, expand, fragment, deflect, lodge and obliterate during their short life. The end result is both amazing and terrifying and most importantly realistic.
Player Biometric ModelingHaving realistic projectiles with a simple tally damage system would have been pointless so Occupation implemented a health-damage system equal to that of the Ballistic Modeling. The Game uses a Composite health system that captures the complexity of the human bodies operation and most importantly its failure due to trauma.
The primary form of projectile damage to players and NPC's is caused by cavity damage. The extent of the cavity made by the projectile, the energy lost in making that cavity and the body parts the cavity passes through all are factors in the calculation of overall impact damage. The truly unique aspect of Occupation is that the cavity damage is not limited to a single hit location but can intersect many locations along the path of the projectile and can involve multiple entry and exit wound tracts. A summary injury report is available in-game (Body Status) and a complete breakdown of these injuries both sustained and inflicted is available after death.
|File Name: OccupationCS.1.3.1_Full.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 453.71 MB||Files Added: 11,462|
|Downloads: 55 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 19,020,369 (28,689 last week)|
|Posted: 06.04.2009||Supporters: n/a|