Server-Side: Pirates, Vikings and Knights II 2.1 (Server Files)
Half-Life 2: All Downloads (1308) Patches (6) | Demos (2) | Mods (857) | Maps (325) | Movies (5) | Others (111)
Files for running a dedicated PVKII version 2.1 server. Changes this version include 2 new maps, 3 new game modes, bug fixes, balance changes and more. Mod by the PVKII Dev Team.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Authors: the PVKII Dev Team
PVKII Is a Halflife 2 Modification based on 3 teams from times past locked in a never-ending battle for wealth, dominance and power.
Pirates, Vikings & Knights II pits each team against one another in a variety of different scenarios enabling a varied, strategic, and fun gameplay. Each team has its overall strengths and weaknesses, as well as each member within those teams contributing special abilities for the success or failure of each goal.
Cooperation will lead you to victory and glory!
They will battle in territories familiar to them such as Medieval Castles, European Villages, Winter Landscapes, Grassy Plains, Sea Vessels, Catacombs, Sea Ports and more!
Immerse yourself in the PVKII world!
Pirates, Vikings & Knights II includes a wide variety of features making game play exciting, fun, and even interesting for all those strategists out there. Here are just a few things you can look forward to in your PVKII experience.
* Strategic Combat- Combat is based on an attack, block and parry system. Typically, attacking is accomplished by holding down primary fire and releasing when the player wishes. This enables the player to make slow, more powerful timed attacks, or flurries of quick attacks. Most attacks can be made in 4 directions, from the left, right, overhead and thrusting positions. Attack speed is determined too, by what weapon the player is wielding. Typically, secondary fire is reserved for blocking. You can block with a shield, or weapon if timed right. Blocking is also done in four directions and a player may counterattack after a perfect parry. This style of system makes swordplay and combat much more interesting and strategic for players.
* Special Abilities- There are special abilities unique to certain classes. Take for example the Berserker who can, at anytime when his special bar is full, go berserk by activating the special function key. These are listed in the Weapons section for reference.
* Unique Weapons- We have tried to stretch the limits of imagination within reason to come up with weapon combinations historically viable & unique, but also that would enrich game play and the players experience. These are again listed in the Weapons section for reference.
* Healers- The addition of Healers for each team makes game play further diverse, giving a dying player a chance to rejoin battle.
* Lord Classes- The addition of Lord Classes with musical instruments is a combination of a Team Leader and Musician as they would have in historical armies. In this case, the Lords are the musicians, and when they play their instruments, each team receives bonuses for all of those that stand within a certain radius or earshot of that instrument while being played. For each team it behaves differently. This also helps promote team cohesion and to move about tightly in some cases. For a more detailed explanation of this see the Weapons section under Jarl, Captain, and Lord.
* Diverse Game Modes- We have planned out a diverse array of game modes so the player doesn’t have to keep playing through the same scenario each time. Here are a few Examples:
Slay the Dragon
Capture the Flag
For more information check out our Game Modes Section.
* Beautiful Maps- The maps will range from Realistic European countrysides, Scandanavian Villiages, Harbors and Ship Ports, Castles, Keeps, Catacombs, Winter Landscapes, & Forests, to some not necessarily realistic maps, but fun nonetheless.
For a list, check out our Maps section.
These are just a few of the things you can expect to see from the PVKII team. Just wait and see what else we can conjure up!
|File Name: pvkii_beta_2_1_server_patch.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 161.91 MB||Files Added: 9,425|
|Downloads: 39 (0 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,198,608 (71,975 last week)|
|Posted: 18.07.2008||Supporters: n/a|