Mod: Halo 3 Hud
Halo: Combat Evolved: All Downloads (165) Patches (6) | Demos (2) | Mods (96) | Maps (59) | Others (2)
A replacement HUD by ImBrokeRU.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: ImBrokeRU
HALO 3 HUD INSTALLATION
**REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR MAPS
Note that the assault rifle ammo counter (on the hud) is changed to 32 ammo. The assault rifle in the 2nd screen
shot is not included. You can get it at: http://halo2.filefront.com/file/Halo_3_MA5C_Assault_Rifle;91076
YOU'LL NEED: 1. HMT 3.5
2. GIVEN PLUGINS IN THE EXTRA FOLDER
Installing plug ins is very easy. Just drag the plug ins folder in the extras folder into your
HMT 3.5 folder. You might want to back up your original HMT 3.5 before doing this.
3. SOME BASIC KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO USE HMT3.5
1. Inject the bitmaps according to its name
(ex: hud_ammo_alphas1.dds.1.dds injects into [bitm]Bitmaps uihudbitmapscombinedhud_ammo_alphas
highlight the first bitmap which is 1.512x512 under the tag editor and inject texture. A dialogue
should appear. Click ok or press enter REMEMBER TO SAVE AFTER INJECTION!) <---(given plug ins not required)
2. Edit the tags according to the text file: Tags to edit.txt <---(given plug ins needed)
3. Open up halo and test it out! (plz rate and give comments on this mod after this step =D)
NOTE** THIS IS ONLY FOR HALO TRIAL: BLOODGULCH MAP. THE MAP THAT THESE PATCH ARE APPLIED ON MUST BE ORIGINAL
(NOT MODDED AT ALL).
YOU'LL NEED: 1. PPF-O-MATIC (IN THE EXTRAS FOLDER)
2. GIVEN PPF FILES (IN THE EXTRA FOLDER)
3. ORIGINAL, NOT MODIFIED BLOODGULCH.MAP AND BITMAPS.MAP!!!
1. Extract ppf-o-matic folder to your desktop, along with the ppf files folder.
2. find your halo maps folder, located in where you installed halo trial. The maps that you'll be working with are
bloodgulch.map and bitmaps.map REMEMBER THEY MUST BE ORIGINAL MAPS
3. Open up ppf-o-matic. Under the ISO file section, click the little floppy disk beside the textbook and open your
bloodgulch.map or bitmaps.map (remember to switch the files of type to all files so you can see your map files)
4. Click the floppy disk beside the patch section's text box and find the ppf files in the folder i told you to extract in step 1.
Open the corresponding ppf file (bloodgulch.ppf-->bloodgulch.map bitmaps.ppf-->bitmaps.map)
5. Click apply.
6. To uninstall, do step 1. to 4. but check the apply undo patch data check box and then do step 5.
BITMAP EDITING: ME (ImBrokeRU)
MAP EDITING: ME... AGAIN (ImBrokeRU)
I looked up some HD halo 3 videos and observed the hud closely.The modifications are made according to them.
You may include this in any of your mods. Just be sure to include proper credit
Note that this mod isn't perfect. Any recommendations or questions should be in the comment section or emailed
All game map files share the bitmaps.map. So if you inject the given bitmaps, the hud will be seen for both
bloodgulch and the silent cartographer. Yes, hud content will be seen but they are misplaced because the location
(x and y axis) of the bitmaps are not moddified. To moddify this, you edit the game map file according to tags to edit.txt
For example: You want to use the hud for both b30.map and bloodgulch.map. You inject the given bitmaps through
any ONE of those map files and edit the tags on BOTH MAP FILES following the tags to edit.txt
|File Name: halo_3_hud.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1.09 MB||Files Added: 11,007|
|Downloads: 5,892 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,344,550 (48,045 last week)|
|Posted: 09.07.2008||Supporters: n/a|