Mod: Gameplay Enhanced 1.02
This is an expansion to the Deathmatch gametype. See File/Full Details for the specifics.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Title: Gameplay Enhanced v1.02
Created: 10/01/06 by Mikail
Last Updated: 03/15/08
This mod is a compilation of several, smaller mods I had made earlier; namely the Bentusi Roulette, Deathmatch Plus, Special Fleets and Defined Roles mods. It is a game-type mod that extends upon the existing Deathmatch game-type.
Extract this archive into your "Homeworld2\Bin\Gamerules\" folder.
1. HW2 Normal: Same as HW2 default. A player is killed if he/she has no more production ships left.
2. Kill Team Production: A player is killed if there are no team members with production ships.
3. Kill All Enemy Ships: A player is killed if there are no team members with any ships.
4. Quit Manually: The game doesn't end until one team quits and leaves the game.
In this game-mode, one player controls production and capital ships; another player controls fighters, corvettes and probes; and another player controls resourcing, frigates and platforms. If no players on a team choose the "Production/Capital" role, then all players on that team will retain their mothership and carrier, as well as their production capability.
Note: the WIN CONDITION setting is ignored when DEFINED ROLES are enabled.
In this game-mode a selectable number of research options are randomly granted and restricted for each player at the beginning of gameplay.
This mode gives the player extended starting fleet options. You can choose from several different fleet makeups, each being composed of a different assortment of ships and research.
This setting allows one to slow the game down to a fraction of its default speed.
Turning this setting on causes additional end-of-game stats to be generated in your profile's "Stats" folder.
Here you can select which background track gets played while playing.
I've externalized as much ship/subsystem/research-specific data as possible into a file, named "GameplayEnhanced_Config.lua". You're free to edit or redistribute this file in order to make my mod compatible with your own. No other files may be modified and redistributed.
The discussion thread for this mod can be found here.
* The Complex Team for their idea of using libraries to store the code for each game-mode.
* Tamerlane for the HW2 Path function.
* evillejedi for the beginnings of the random music track coded.
* Luke "B1FF" Moloney for some of the code used for the WIN CONDITIONS setting.
CHANGES IN 1.02
* The list of music tracks is now determined by the PlayList table in "GameplayEnhanced_Config.lua".
* Moved playlist to config file. You can now edit the playlist without repackaging the .big file.
CHANGES IN 1.01
* Fixed bug where SPECIAL FLEETS an DEFINED ROLES modes were conflicting, resulting in ships spawning in the center of the map.
CHANGES IN 1.00
* Initial release.
|File Name: HW2_GameplayEnhanced_v1_02.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 17 KB||Files Added: 11,374|
|Downloads: 143 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,830,948 (32,791 last week)|
|Posted: 19.03.2008||Supporters: n/a|