Mod: HW Classic Mod Rebalance 1.52
This is a mod of a mod. It takes the Homeworld Classic mod, which implements multiplayer features found in HW1, and corrects bugs and makes balance adjustments. See File/Full Details for specifics. Mod by MiKail_.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: MiKail_
HW Classic Mod Rebalance
This mod aims to fix bugs and add missing features to Luke Moloney's Homeworld Classic Mod. It is a seperate installation, not an update or a patch.
Quote (From Luke Moloney's Homeworld Classic Mod):
"Welcome to the Homeworld Classic Mod. This mod attempts to implement the multiplayer features of Homeworld 1, AKA Homeworld Classic, in Homeworld 2.
"The following features are implemented:
* Unlimited unit caps
* Carrier battle
* Win condition - capture enemy capital ship
* Resource injections
* Resource lump sum injection
* Research disabled
* Hyperspace disabled"
Extract this archive into your "Homeworld2\Bin\Gamerules\" folder. You must have installed the Homeworld 2 1.1 patch in order for this mod to function.
See the discussion link for Luke Moloney's original version for gameplay instructions.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING LEVELS
In order to play using custom level files (maps), the level files must be placed into your "Homeworld2\Data\LevelData\Multiplayer\HomeworldClassic\" folder. If the folder does not already exist, it must be created.
When playing using the "Start With" option set to "HW1 Map Default", make sure to select the same race as is specified for your position within the level file. To see which race is specified for your position, look in the bottom-right corner of the level thumbnail. (You can also refer to the "Default Player Race" chart in the HTML file included with the HW Classic Maps archive.) (R1 = Hiigaran; R2 = Vaygr.)
The file "HWClassicRebalance_Config.lua" can be reconfigured to make the gamerule work with other mods, thereby eliminating the need to edit "homeworldclassic.lua", itself. Simply add or remove items to or from the tables as needed. (The tables themselves, however, must not be removed.) Note: when adding new races, the races must be listed in the same order as they are in "race.lua".
* Luke "B1FF" Moloney for the mod in its original state.
* Deionerra for dockpath info.
CHANGES IN 1.52
* Fixed the bug where some ship icons weren't showing up.
CHANGES IN 1.51
* Levels are once again located in the "Homeworld2\Data\LevelData\Multiplayer\HomeworldClassic\" folder.
* Fixed the bug where the Hiigaran carrier couldn't build anything if research were turned off.
CHANGES IN 1.5
* Level thumbnails now list the player position races. Players must choose the listed race when playing with the "Start With" setting set to "HW1 Map Default".
* AI is now capable of controlling Keeper ships.
* Some modifications made to the Keeper ships to make them more playable.
CHANGES IN 1.49
* Increased the default value of RUMulti from 4 to 8.
* PebMulti is now set to RUMulti / 4 by default.
* Increased FarClip value to 1000000 in "camera.lua".
* Gave the "kpr_sajuuk" a (non-functional) build ability so that levels featuring this ship as the flagship don't immediately end.
* Enlarged the text in the level thumbnails.
* Re-converted the level thumbnails using a newer version of Spooky's ROTTool.
* Added "Coliseum of the Ancients".
|File Name: HW2_HWClassicRebalance_v1_52.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1.43 MB||Files Added: 11,359|
|Downloads: 656 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,787,675 (33,617 last week)|
|Posted: 03.04.2008||Supporters: n/a|