Mod: FX 1.85
This mod from the 9CCN Team will bring back all races from the first Homeworld game and adds many new units, sounds etc
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: 9CCN Team
Homeworld 2 FX - New Hope
The FX Mod is a modification project for Homeworld2 led by the 9CCN Team, a group of Chinese modders who are mainly known for their work on the popular Gundam SEED modification.
The goal of the FX mod is to bring Homeworld2 to a brand new level. So far this has been done by including the races from Homeworld1 along with new units, abilities, textures, maps, fx, player modes, icons, blueprints etc. Even with the current amount of changes that have been included so far there are still many, many more things that are yet to come and/or improved. Some of the upcoming content cannot be found in any of the other current mods.
The current playable races are the Hiigaran, Vaygr, Taiidan, Kadeshi, Progenitors and Turanic Raiders, each with their own advantages, technology tree and units. The Bentusi are currently being developed and are said to be 'three races in one'. Can you utilize the power of your race the best?
Even with the amount of awesome changes that have been made so far the creators say the entire FX concept is only halfway done. Many people have already marked this mod as their favorite Homeworld2 modification after the release of v1.72, and it only gets better!
Latest Version: FX v1.85
Released on: 8th January 2009
Notes: This version is a bug fix for the errors/bugs found in v1.84. So, do not bother looking for new content and just enjoy the fact you can now enjoy the features included in v1.84 without having to face alot of bugs.
- Custom main menu.
- Either play as the Hiigaran/Vaygr with their new units and weapons, or bring back one of the many other present races like the Bentusi (Alpha phase), Kadeshi, Progenitors, Taiidan or Turanic Raiders, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
- New U.I. (User Interface) for all races.
- New units for all races.
- New sound fx. (being improved)
- New unit abilities. (bugs are being fixed)
- New maps.
- New gamemodes (PvP, Battle Mission) for a brand new game experience.
- Ability to select random background music that will select a track from either Homeworld 1 or Homeworld 2.
- Several new gameplay options.
- LAN and Multiplayer supported (v1.1 patch required).
- An unique single-player campaign for each of the current races.
- More new ship models for all races.
- New icons (EMP, Defence field etc.) instead of the regular ones.
- Completely retextured ships instead of ships using the outdated Hw1 textures.
Notice: Only one installer of each version will be uploaded here. If you are looking for a different file format or alternative mirrors please see the Download Section or File Center at our forums.
|File Name: FX_Mod_v1.85.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 114.02 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 6,676 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,381,254 (50,689 last week)|
|Posted: 16.02.2009||Supporters: n/a|