Patch: Patch 1.06b
US retail v1.0.1 to v1.0.6b patch.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Legion by Slitherine Software - US retail v1.0.1 -> v1.0.6b patch
Changes Included in the Legion V1.0.6b patch:
The saved game format is different so old saved games will not work with the
patch. We tried to keep it consistent, but found we were prevented from making
some of the changes listed below and thought it more important to make the
changes than to keep saved games compatible.
* Difficulty settings added
* New maps Hispania & Elysium Fields
* Market places added - they produce a small amount of each resource, not based
on resource potential of city, so useful if you don't have access to one.
* Radar map added to the battle view
* A warning message has been added to let you know when your storage space is
* A warning message has been added to let you know when your diplomatic
relations with a nation have significantly decreased.
* Archers fire when holding
* Declaring war on one of your allies leads to your other allies cancelling
their alliances with you.
* You can click on the squads icon in a battle to centre the map over them and
flash them to show who is who.
* 3 new hidden buildings and 4 new hidden units on the Elysium Fields campaign.
* Upgrade SFX changed to be the same as a unit response
* AI builds less peasants especially later in game
* Archers are less powerful
* Storage has been revamped. Storage space is much more limited, warehouses are
cheaper. Storage is now shown on diplomacy and campaign screen.
* Heavy infantry & recruitment centres more expensive to buy and maintain
* Cavalry are slightly tougher
* Hold orders allow player to make their troops hold much longer.
* End of battle box is smaller, obscuring less of the battlefield
* You can now allocate a worker to the training ground to act as the weapons
master to improve the troop quality of recruits
* The outcrop & mountain mines have reduced numbers of workers but with
increased production values
* You can now allocate 2 workers to temples & shrines to act as priests, who
assist in healing, decreasing the death rate and increasing the population
* You can allocate workers at the baths to act as hand maidens, increasing the
birth rate, therefore increasing population growth. Read into this what you
* You can allocate workers to the hospital as doctors which decrease the death
rate, increasing population growth.
* A crash bug to do with capturing cities has been fixed. It was caused by the
garrison starving to death, and the city not realising the garrison was no
* A bug on some machines where troops would not move in the battles has been
* Animation speed of units on the campaign map has been capped so fast machines
do not animate too quickly.
* A bug to do with some corruption on the display of available storage space
has been fixed.
* A bug to do with upgrading squads has been fixed. Larger squads used to get
cheaper to maintain, now they are more expensive.
* There was a sound glitch with unit speech when you attacked an enemy army or
city which has been fixed.
* Diplomacy tweaks with peace offers - cant exploit AI by declaring lots of
wars then collect tributes
* AI plays mid-end game and develops its cities much better.
* The AI will now recruit more troops when it gets larger.
* Pressing the Alt key no longer pauses the game.
* The battle speed can be tweaked from the user.txt file by adding a line
"BattleSpeed #" to the user.txt file in your data directory, where # is a
number between 1 and 255. The default value is 40, higher values will slow the
battles down and lower values will speed up the battles. The lower the value
the faster the battles will run, up to the point where your PC is running flat
out, but this will be different for every PC.
|File Name: legionpatch101to106b.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 3.29 MB||Files Added: 9,423|
|Downloads: 850 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,201,801 (65,483 last week)|
|Posted: 14.08.2003||Supporters: n/a|