Mod: The Empire: Total War - Beta 0.4
Medieval 2: Total War: All Downloads (369) Patches (4) | Demos (2) | Mods (343) | Maps (11) | Movies (6) | Others (2)
Take control of one of the numerous lordships of the Holy Roman Empire and fight for the ultimate double goal of both becoming Emperor and establishing Germany as Europe's hegemonial power.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- The Empire: Total War
BETA release 0.4 - 2007-08-20
[202.06 MB .rar archive]
Welcome to The Empire: Total War! Take control of one of the numerous lordships of the Holy Roman Empire and fight for the ultimate double goal of both becoming Emperor and establishing Germany as Europe's hegemonial power. This will be no easy task, as you have to weaken your inner and outer imperial rivals while still trying to maintain good relationships with them, especially the mighty Elector Counts. Often diplomacy will achieve what swords can not. Open rebellion against Imperial laws will result in suffering the 'Reichsacht' or Imperial ban and should be avoided, as your rivals will jump at the chance to attack you with the Emperor's consent gladly...
Or sit on the throne of one of the Germans' many rivals and stop their ambitions in their tracks...
This Mod for Medieval 2: Total War 1.2 focuses on a much more realistic representation of the Holy Roman Empire:
The vanilla HRE faction has been split in the Duchys of Austria, Bavaria, Swabia, Burgundy, Saxony, Franconia, Upper and Lower Lorraine and the Kingdom of Bohemia. These lordships are ruled by hereditary dukes and the all important (and hereditary) Elector Counts, who alone are able to vote in imperial elections. These take place in addition to the vanilla papal elections and have been added via script, as well as the 'Reichsacht' or Imperial Ban feature. This one punishes inter-HRE agressors with the 'Acht' and allows other HRE factions to attack them. In addition, banned HRE members are not allowed to vote and will never become emperor.
Prepare yourself for a medieval experience you never had before - becoming Emperor while mainting the Holy Roman Empire will not be an easy task!
- based on sb2ean's RPM 2.3 BM mod (bigmap and swedish faction)
- 196 regions
- 31 factions; all factions playable except Slaves, Aztecs, Mongols and Timurids - 27 in total!
- 9 new factions (in addition to Sweden): The Duchys of Austria, Bavaria, Swabia, Burgundy, Saxony, Franconia, Upper and Lower Lorraine and the Kingdom of Bohemia.
- 1 turn per year
- more or less playable Pope
- New Coats of Arms and symbols for all new factions
- New strat-model textures for all new factions
- New battle banners for all new factions
- All HRE-factions are allied at the start and have trade rights and full military access.
- New and accurate name lists for all the new factions.
- New loading screens
- Venetian heavy infantry bug solved
- Lots of other bugs solved as well.
- Faction descriptions for all new factions
- New campaign faction selection screen - all 27 playable factions are directly selectable.
- New campaign script (CS): HRE factions are able to elect the emperor now (in ADDITION to papal elections).
- New CS feature: 'Reichsacht' (= +- imperial ban)
- Lots of new historic events added
- The majority of the HRE factions got new battle skins.
- the HRE script will be extended to allow the Emperor to control the HRE's foreign politics, and react to inner-HRE treats.
- double-elections, uprisings and civil wars will be implemented
- a real interface for elections and the emperor's features will be added
- unique victory conditions for the new factions
- continued improvement of HRE battle skins
- unique unit roster for certain HRE factions (especially for Lower Lorraine, Burgundy and Bohemia)
- improvement of the existing factions and better campaign balance
- an AOR and era system
- and much more...
-Extract the .rar in your MTW2 root directory. This mod neither adds nor overwrites files in your original MTW2 folders. Everything except the shared.sd and strategy.sd files is in the 'TheEmpire' mod folder.
-Run ETW_configfixer.bat in the same directory to write a .cfg file for the mod with your settings.
-Use TheEmpire.bat to launch the mod.
If you want to turn off battle banners, open 'TheEmpire.cfg', find show_banners = 1
and change it to show_banners = 0.
Custom battles are disabled. The game will crash if you try. If you want to enable them, copy the Battle & Custom folders from the data folder to \TheEmpire\data\world\maps.
The first time you start a campaign, you'll have to wait for 5-10 minutes after the faction selection, while the map.rwm is built up (not included in the .rar to save space).
If you get CTDs when clicking other factions on the campaign map, copy the audio and event files from your data/sounds folder to your TheEmpire/data/sounds folder (That shouldn't happen anymore, but I couldn't test it with all language versions). This might also help if you are experiencing general sound problems.
- Repeated clicking on faction symbols in the campaign faction selection menu causes a CTD for unknown reasons (but I guess it's alpaca's .sd converter)
- An occasional slow CTD that starts with wrong/corrupted UI-buttons showing up. If you recognise this: Save & Reload and everything's back to normal. Reason: problems with alpaca's original .sd converter. This will be corrected soon.
icefrisco: historian; loading screens, campaign descriptions, names, historic events
Rob_the_Celt: 2D artist; Battle banners, skins
snoopy: came up with the name
Dimitri_Harkov: scripting and a bit of everything else; put the mod together
SirPaladin: Some faction symbols
JANOSIK007: gave permission on parts of the bohemia mini mod version alfa 1. Thanks to everyone on his team as well: Methoz, Meretrix, BuchVecny, the_mango55, M3rcury15, Sinuhet
sb2ean: gave permission to use his RPM2.3BM mod as basis. Thanks to everyone who helped him as well, especially Spurius for the map.
Sinuhet: Bohemian names
alpaca & tornnight: for their great modding tools
The TWC community: for lots of great mods, articles and tutorials
CA: for the Total War series
Usage: Permission by request only.
|File Name: etw_beta04.rar|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 202.06 MB||Files Added: 10,640|
|Downloads: 5,918 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,096,099 (56,202 last week)|
|Posted: 20.08.2007||Supporters: n/a|