Mod: Mongolphobia Mod
Medieval 2: Total War: All Downloads (369) Patches (4) | Demos (2) | Mods (343) | Maps (11) | Movies (6) | Others (2)
This mod, by El_Bandito, features the two previously unplayable factions; The Mongols, and the Timurids with freshly buffed strengths and brand new units.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: El_Bandito
This mod features the two previously unplayable factions; The Mongols, and the Timurids with freshly buffed strengths and brand new units.
One thing always riled me was the lack of true strength of the Mongols in the vanilla version of M2:TW. Calling the Mongols best cavalry faction was almost a joke. Therefore, I took time to forge the Mongols and the Timurids into a truly decimating force that people will mention with fear. Also helps the TW veterans a better stone to grind their skills. Added a few imaginary units too. The mod took me about 30 hours to make so please try to appreciate the work I put into it. That means you should copy and distribute this mod to whoever interested in it without consulting me. It is for everyone^_^
1. Basically, the Mongols and the Timurids factions are enabled through the manipulation of the descr_strat file. Additional changes such as faction victory requirements are added in the descr_win_conditions, plus victory condition TGAs.
The faction family members, their traits, and troop compositions are completely made up to this editorís preferences and if you think you can do it better then by all means go ahead and change it in the descr_strat file. It is quite easy actually.
The settlement of Bulgar is changed to the Mongol capital while Damascus became Timurid capital with the addition of Aleppo. The capital cities are edited so they have more population and more buildings to start with, compared with the default settings. Edited it so the Mongols and the Timurids are at war with the Rebels faction just like everyone else and they also are somewhat hostile to their immediate neighbors. Oh, they are allied to each other.
2. I tweaked most of the Mongol units, and to a lesser extent, Timurid units so they are more powerful than before. Should be very challenging to play against the two factions now. Replaced several old units with brand new ones such as Mongol Smoke Bombers, Mangudai Lancers, Devilís Tongue Elephants, Inferno Catapults, and Byzantine Shotgunners. Trust me, you will piss in your pants when you see the Heavenís Wrath Mortar.
3. Added upkeep to Mongol/Timurid horde units as well but made it lower to match historical accuracy. Buffed the Muslim religious buildings to offset the handicap of unable to train Imams as Mongols and Timurids.
4. Along with the Mongols, The papal States and the Slaves factions are also enabled as well. Play them at your own risk. haha
5. Certain units like the Azabs, Noble Highland Archers, and Norse Swordsmen were buffed so they will be picked a bit more I hope.
|File Name: Mongolphobia_Mod.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 3.06 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 3,504 (4 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,356,733 (41,144 last week)|
|Posted: 04.08.2008||Supporters: n/a|