Mod: 4 Seasons 3.0
Medieval 2: Total War: All Downloads (368) Patches (4) | Demos (2) | Mods (342) | Maps (11) | Movies (6) | Others (2)
In this mod by uanime5 9 fantasy factions do battle for dominance of a fantasy world. Features include a magic system, undead, new units and much more. See File Details.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: uanime5
In this mod 9 fantasy factions do battle for dominance of a fantasy world.
* Magic: there are 6 magic types; fire, earth, wind, snow, water, and plague magic. Fire magic can burn siege equipement and plague magic makes other units ill. If I could add water magic I could make an Avatar mod (blue flames don't look quite the same). Though the 2.2 version's snow magic is a good start.
* Castles and cities have been merged. Large and huge cities now become Fortresses and Citadels, respectively.
* Undead: undead units will never rout though they are weaker than their living counterparts.
* New units: this mod now contains new units from the Santa Invasion, Blue Lotus (RTW), and Female Soldier models mods.
Animositans (Light Blue)
* Based on the Aztecs, with some Blue Lotus units and my undead units
* Advantages: undead, great unit diversity, and earth magic
* Faction Goal: conquer the Titanocene dicarbonyl and the Holy Empire of Lignarius
The Holy Empire of Lignarius (White)
* Based on the Papal States
* Advantages: knights that can use fire and air magic
* Faction Goal: to defeat the Veneficus Empire and Animositans
Mamluk Dynasty (Yellow)
* Based on Egypt
* Advantages: air magic cavalry (non-flying)
* Faction Goal: to conquer the the Titanocene dicarbonyl, Zenchen Shogunate, and Silvian Alliance
Santa's Kingdom (Red)
* Based on the Santa faction from the Santa Invasion mod
* Advantages: technology, snow magic, and snowmen
* Faction Goal: to conquer the Holy Empire of Lignarius, Veneficus Empire, and the Silvian Alliance
Titanocene dicarbonyl (Purple)
* Based on my Titanocene faction
* Advantages: most powerful units in this mod.
* Faction Goals: to conquer all the cities and destroy Zenchen Shogunate, the Animositans, and the Mamluk Dynasty
Silvian Alliance (Dark Blue)
* Based on Lithuania
* Advantages: axemen and ghosts
* Faction Goal: to conquer the Veneficus Empire
Valkyrian Principality (Purple)
* Based on the RainyXp's Female Soldier Model mod
* Advantages: female soldiers (beautiful and cute), armoured soldiers, and armoured female soldiers
* Faction Goal: to conquer the Titanocene dicarbonyl and Animositans
Veneficus Empire (Black)
* Based on my Mythological faction, with some Blue Lotus units
* Advantages: summon demons and mages can use fire, earth, wind, snow, and plague magic.
* Faction Goal: to defeat the Silvian Alliance and The Holy Empire of Lignarius
Zenchen Shoganate (Green)
* Based on the Japanese faction from the Blue Lotus mod
* Advantages: Samurai and Saiva
* Faction Goal: to conquer the Titanocene dicarbonyl
This mod also requires the offical 1.2 patch for M2TW, it can be downloaded here:
0) Download this mod (seasons 2.3.7z) and unpack it using 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/). This should give you a 'seasons lite' folder that contains a 'data' and 'seasons' folder, and the seasons.bat and seasons.cfg files.
1) Go to the Medieval II Total War directory (default is C:Program FilesSEGAMedieval II Total War).
2) Copy and paste the seasons.bat, seasons.cfg, and 'seasons' folders from the 'seasons lite' folder into the Medieval II Total War directory (default location 'C:Program FilesSEGAMedieval II Total War'). These files form most of the mod.
3) Copy and paste the 'data' folder in the 'seasons lite' folder into the Medieval II Total War directory, you will be asked if you wish to overwrite the vanilla 'data' folder, click yes. This will add the shared.sd and strategy.sd into the 'Medieval II Total Wardataui' folder.
If these files are not put in the correct folder the mod will not display correctly. However if other mods need their own shared.sd and strategy.sd these files may prevent them working. If you other mods do not display correctly try deleting these files (there's a spare copy of them in the 'Medieval II Total Warseasonsdataui' folder).
4) To play this mod double click on the 'seasons.bat' file and select the campaign you want to play.
5) To make the 'seasons.bat' file into a destop shortcut right click on it, select 'Send To' on the pop-up menu, then select 'Desktop (create shortcut)'.
If the sound does not work copy the 'Medieval II Total War/data/sound' folder to the 'seasons/data' folder.
The following mods were used in this mod:
Banner & Symbol MOD (joedreck) : gives all vanilla factions new banners and symbols
Blue Lotus (hoggy): this RTW mod adds demons, monks, and magic
Blood, Broads, & Bastards v2.1 (dearmad) : gives factions generals and leader more traits
burrek's Blood and Dirt v0.91 (burrek) : replaces the blood and dirt overlays
Byg's Grim Reality 2.0 (Byg): character and supply traits (soldiers may munity if you spend too long in enemy terriory).
Crimson Tide 4.2 (Magus) : adds blood, burns, sand, snow, and dirt to the soldiers
Diverse Loading Screen 2.1 (apkairan) : adds 60 more loading screen to this mod
Darker nights Updated (ziher) : makes the nights darker
Female Soldier Models mod (rainyxp) : add Valkyrie units
Highways mod (selenius4tsd): add highways
MapMod: Trees, Textures, Sea v1.7 (Charge) : improves strat map appearence
New Lusted Campaign AI (Lusted): improves AI's decision making and diplomacy.
New Lusted Battle AI (Lusted): improves AI's fighting ability, conduct during sieges, and unit formation.
New strat models for castles (Agart) : changes the appearence of castles on the strat map
Real Combat 1.3 (Point Blank): gives units realistic attack values (as much as possible)
Realistic Walls and Siege Engines for UAI 1.6 (Raptor_341) : makes walls tougher, so sieges are more difficult.
Santa Invasion (Csatádi): adds Santa, Krampusz, and snowmen
Titanocene invasion (uanime5): adds alien units and culture
Total War Mythology (uanime5): adds Mythological faction and undead
Also I'd like to thank:
SigniferOne for helping me get my religions working
alpaca for helping me add the Titanocene culture
ErrantKnight for helping me get the unit and mount mesh files to display correctly.
|File Name: 4_seasons_3.0.7z|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 416.38 MB||Files Added: 9,382|
|Downloads: 6,747 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,169,690 (85,428 last week)|
|Posted: 29.10.2008||Supporters: n/a|