Mod: Kingdom of the Scots 3
Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms: All Downloads (92) Patches (4) | Mods (75) | Maps (11) | Movies (2)
This mod from The Border Reiver and The Bruce is a modification to the British Isles campaign. It attempts to recreate the clan wars and blood feuds between Scottish Clans and Families during the years 1258 - 1450, as well as the Anglo Scottish Wars of t
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Authors: The Border Reiver and The Bruce
Kingdom of the Scots The Kingdom of the Scots is a modification of the British Isles campaign from the Kingdoms Expansion. The Principle aim of Kingdom of the Scots is to recreate the clan wars and blood feuds between Scottish Clans and Families during the years 1258 - 1450, as well as the Anglo Scottish Wars of the period. The Mod will feature a good blend of historical accuracy and game play played out on a large map (with Version 4).
- 5 New Factions (Clan MacDonald, Clan MacKenzie, Clan MacLeod, Clan MacDougall and Clan Comyn). These have been fully skinned, with icons and banners.
- 1 new culture (Highland)
- New Highland Units (Clan Spearmen, Highland Cavalry with sword, Highland Horsemen with spear, Highland Rabble replaced by Highlander with sword and targe) all created by Lord Condormanius.
- Added Arquebusiers to Scotland.
- Added Halberd Militia to England.
- Added Templars to Scotland and Comyns.
- Added Lord Condormanius Irish Skin Pack.
Campaign Map Changes:
- The map size remains unchanged.
- All islands are now inhabited.
- 22 New Provinces to invade which include:
Sleat and the Small Isles
Tiree & Coll
Isle of Wight
- Added more climates (Alpine, temperate_deciduous_forest, temperate_coniferous_forest into Scotland & added highland into Ireland on the West Coast, so the landscapes are varied more.
- Added the Tweed River
- Added more forests to Scotland
- Moved mountains in Annandale and Berwickshire to allow better movemnt of troops.
- Reduced the amount of mountain area in Scotland and Islands to open up the campaign map.
- Forged Glens through mountain areas in Scotland.
- Changed Province Boundaries in Scotland (Striling, Perth, Lanark, Lothian etc).
- Added Mod by Riczu which changes the siege, wagons, boats and blockade strat map models and textures.
- Added many more forts to the campaign map.
- Removed Watchtowers from the map.
- Custom Battle Map for Stirling Bridge playable in campaign.
- Removed bobbing flags from battles
- slowed down the wave of flags in battle.
- Changed routing flags to white and fight to the death flag to red.
- Added Deployment Field mod by Wolfslayer which mutes the colour of the boundaries.
- Darkened Night skies
- Adjusted fog and weather effects.
- Increased unit sizes especially for England and Barons Alliance.
- Adapted firstly Naimads EDU stats and then Da Vinci's.
- Increased morale thresholds of all units to fight longer and break less.
- Decreased NE Bodyguard morale and size so they don't storm in and die too early.
- Increased to 2 Hit Points for Generals Bodyguard units.
- Added Lusted Battle AI & Formations.
- Gave Generals two hit points.
- Penalised cavalry to fight in the woods.
- Changed collison masses for infantry.
- Gave pike formations the schiltrom.
- Gave vikings and some Norse units the shield wall ability.
- Added 1 or 2 captains to most infantry units.
- Varied the heights and ratios of trees and rocks
- Increased boling oil smoke, steam and fire
- 2 Turns Per Year
- The season (summer/winter) show on the HUD.
- The Plague has been replaced by Famine, with the exception of the Great Plague which is still Plague.
- Added a Heraldry Mod for Provinces and also Kingdom Titles
- Inlcuded historically accurate English Family Tree
- Added hundreds of name to all factions, escpecially Ireland and Wales, and removed Saxon names from England and Barons Alliance.
- Added plenty of repeating names like Henry, Edward, Robert, James etc, to the relevant factions.
- 10 free recruiting slots in forts.
- Norway now speak German instead of Russian.
- Increased brigand spawn level to 10.
- Reduced Pirate spawn level to 100.
- Adjusted starting incomes and kings purses for factions.
- Start date still 1258, end date is 1450.
- Added wine, cotton, and marble resources.
- Adjusted resources costs.
- Highlander units can only be recruited in Highland Provinces. (Controlled by hidden resources)
- Lowland Scottish units can only be recruited in the lowlands/borders.(Controlled by hidden resources)
- Pikemen not available unitl The Battle of Stirling in 1297.
- Added Historical figure Sir Andrew Moray to Battle of Stirling
- Added Historical figure Sir John Graham to Battle of Falikrk
- Actually all historical custom battles have historical Generals leading them.
- Added Pope deaths and elections for entire historical period
- Doubled building times in most cases.
- Doubled building costs in most cases, sometimes more.
- Added expereince to diplomat, merchants and assassins depending on the level of building. no more inexperienced units created.
- Severely limited recruitment of siege engines which the AI had a penchant for creating.
- Added historical event for Provisions of Oxford.
- Added historical event for Treaty of Paris.
- Added historical event for Owain Glyndwyr uprising for Wales Faction (scripted)
- Only certain towns grow past villages, they can be updated to castles though.
- Only certain towns can build citadels
- Only certain towns can build past shipwrights
- Only certain towns can build the highest level walls
- Lowered population growths all round
- Made Dismounted & Mounted NE Bodyguards available to recruit
- Made Dismounted Feudal Knights available to Scotland at Castle level to fix the lack of Sword Units for Lowland/Border Troops
- Moved Percy Generals from Forts in Ireland to the Towns so the towns do not revolt.
- Increased English culture in Irish Provinces to stop automatic rebellions when game starts.
- Roads have been increased in cost and build times greatly to reflect the times and importance of.
- Remove specialised units from Campaign choice screen and replaced with Royal Standards and or Tartans.
- King is no longer penalised for hiring spies or assassins.
- Added Campaign Difficulty levels for each faction.
- Completely changed victory conditions for each faction.
Campaign Script Changes:
- Added Rhedds Welsh script fix for King Llewelyn.
- Changed year when Wallace emerges to 1297.
- Adjusted AI Cash handouts & Kings Purse.
- Adjusted AI types for Scotland to Wales.
- Corrected Vanilla typo on AI type for Norway it said defeault.
- Added Irish Rebellions.
- Added scripted custom battles for Largs, Otterburn, Falkirk, Stirling, Pilleth, Shrewsbury in the historical year (only appears if tile is free).
- Added experienced troops to Edwards returning crusaders.
- Added many English occupying troops to Scotland in the 1290's.
- Added Diplomatic stance change to at war in 1295 for Scotland and England.
- Re-added 3rd wave of Norse troops.
- changed composition of Welsh troops for Welsh Rebllions.
- Added Princess messages.
- Added King Deaths and Investitures.
- King of Norway now fights at the batle of Largs outside of Glasgow.
The Mod also features many mods by other people here in the Total War community:
1. Plonkdog - Unit Cards
2. Lord Condormanius - Irish Reskin Pack, New Highlander Units, Strat Captains for Ireland, Wales and Norway.
3. Himmelsfeuer- English Shield Pack
4. Plasticfigurine - Early Genreals Mod
5. Da Vinci - Revised EDU
6. Wolfslayer - battlefield deployment & arrow direction changes
7. Rickzu - siege, wagons, boats and blockade strat map models and textures
8. Billy Dilly - (1/2 of the Heraldry Title Pictures)
9. PnutMaster and Dearmad - Princess and Regent Notices
10. Naimad - Original EDU and Battle aI Files
11. Jack Lusted - For his formations, battle AI.
12. Argent Usher - Real Horses Mod.
13. Knights Errant - Strat Map Model for Captains.
14. Alpaca - Provincial Campaign Files & String Converter.
15. Wildog - For all the questions he helped with earlier on!
16. Rawghi - The original Heraldry Mod Concept, and thanks for allowing me to continually use his work.
17. Tyre - Armoured Generals
18. Niko - Elements of the Real Arrow mod
19. zxiang1983 - Ghost Helemts fix fo pp plates
20. Unknown? - English Banners
21. Gigantus - For the help with the Installer/Fixes
22. Charge - Winter & Flood Textures for Strat Map
23. Added elements of Impact 1.12 - Unknown
Current List of Team Members:
The Border Reiver
|File Name: Kingdom_of_the_Scots_3_--a.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 265.17 MB||Files Added: 9,776|
|Downloads: 3,260 (4 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,402,641 (58,148 last week)|
|Posted: 18.09.2008||Supporters: n/a|