Mod: Global War - Beta 1.0
The goal of this mod is to realize a campaign for each of the faction available in the latest version of Men of War, that is Wehrmacht, US Army/Marines, Commonwealth, Soviet Union and Japanese Empire, containing historical battles fought by each side.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Mod introduction:
The goal of this mod is to realize a campaign for each of the faction available in the latest version of Men of War, that is Wehrmacht, US Army/Marines, Commonwealth, Soviet Union and Japanese Empire, containing historical battles fought by each side. I will also try to realize a unique gameplay system, different from the original Men of War approach (it will be described later). Beside a new skirmish mode called Battlefield is available. This one differs from the Assault Squad skirmish because the AI will try to act like a human player, when both players start with the same units.
What's new in this mod:
The mod will have reworked stats for almost all the weapons available in the game with more realistic rates of fire, gun penetration, velocity and range and so on. Plus you will have access to the new Battlefield mode for both single player and cooperative multiplayer games.
- More Panzer III versions (not remodeled), fixed historical inaccuracies of the first Men of war: Pz.Kpfw. Ausf. E (equipped with the high velocity 37mm KwK 36 L/46.5 and 30mm of maximum armor), Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. F (armed with the 50mm KwK 38 L/42 and having 30mm of maximum armor, corrected the historical inaccuracy of vMoW which gave it 50mm of armor), Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. J (armed with the 50mm kwK 38 L/42 and having 50mm of maximum armor, corrected the vCoH historical inaccuracy which gave it the 50mm KwK 39 L/60), Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. J/1 (the newer version with the 50mm kwK 39 L/50), Pz.kpfw. III Ausf. L (with 70mm of frontal armor, used mainly in 1943 in the African Theater).
- Two different version of the low velocity gun Pz.Kpfw. IV, that is, Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. E (corrected the historical inaccuracy which gave it 60mm of turret armor, now it has 60mm of hull frontal armor and 30mm of turret frontal armor) and Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F (the Spring 1942 version with upgraded turret and hull frontal armor for a total amount of 50mm)
- Reworked the historical inaccuracy of the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. G in singleplayer mode, now it has 50mm of hull frontal armor like in multiplayer. Added Pz.Kpfw. Ausf. J, the late war production (from late 1944 until the end of the war) faster to produce than the Ausf. H but with a hand crancked turret, so the turret traverse time is higher.
*** Beta 1.0 (23/09/2011) ***
- Released the Battlefield mode with 4 maps (Bazerville, Country Roads, Suburb and Town).
- StuG III Ausf.B
- StuG III Ausf.F
- StuG III Ausf.G
- Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.E with 37mm kwK 36 (not remodelled)
- Pz. Kpfw.III Auf.J with 50mm kwK 38
- Pz. Kpfw.III Ausf.J/1 with 50mm KwK 39
- Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L
- Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.F
- Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.J
- Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.E (s.Pz.Abt. support)
- Pz. Kpfw.VI
- StuH 42
- 120mm SgrW 42 mortar
- Strumpanzer IV
- M4A2 Sherman Crocodile
- M4A3 Sherman with 105mm Howitzer
- 57mm M1 AT gun
- .50cal M2 HMG (tripod)
- M2 heavy mortar
New gameplay feature
The campaign will feature a completely new reinforcement system: each faction will be able to call in reinforcements with a menu, which has 4 sections: the Infantry, the Artillery, the Tank and the Support menu. Each menu contains a list of units available for that subsection (Infantry menu contains infantry units for example). Each reinforcement has a deployment time, that is, a time you have to wait before it enters the map and a cost in points. Reinforcements are unlimited for each kind. Each support operation is launched istantly when selected, but it has a cooldown timer, during which it won't be available. Besides support operations can be limited or unlimited. Of course each faction will have its own reinforcement and support operation types.
A reinforcement costs point, but not all reinforcements will be available from the beginning of a mission. Each reinforcement also requires tech points. Tech points are different for each reinforcement category and are earned by completing objectives (primary or secondary). When you earn tech points new reinforcements will be unlocked in each menu (if available for that mission). For example a Panzer III requires 2 tank tech points to be unlocked, so if you complete an objective which grants you 2 tank tech points you will unlock the Panzer III in the tank reinforcement menu.
The same happens for Support Operations: some objectives grant you support points, and they are divided into ground, artillery and air support points.
The first campaign will be featuring the Wehrmacht and it is divided into 3 parts: the first part will feature early war battles, such as the beginning of Operation Barbarossa in Summer 1941, and the first operations of Rommel and Afrika Korps to help the Italian Army to defend Lybia during Spring 1941. The second part will feature the mid war battles and the turn points which led the Wehrmacht to the reatreat: the siege of Stalingrad in 1942-43, the North African campaign until the retreat from Tunisia in 1943 and the defense of Italy, the battle of Kursk. The third and last part will feature the last days of the Reich, the opening of the new fron in Normandy during Summer 1944, the struggle to repel the combined force of Commonwealth and US Army in Italy (Monte Cassino battle and the defense of Northern Italy), Operation Market Garden, the Battle of the Bulges and the collpase of the Eastern Front and the battle of Berlin.
The second campaign will probably feature the US Army, from Pearl Harbor to the battle of Okinawa, and the war in Europe.
|File Name: Global_War_Wehrmacht_beta_1.0.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 22.12 MB||Files Added: 9,406|
|Downloads: 1,389 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,193,669 (72,272 last week)|
|Posted: 13.10.2011||Supporters: n/a|