Demo: MX vs. ATV Unleashed Demo
MX vs. ATV Unleashed demo consists of the Maple Hill track in Nationals mode and the Savannah stadium track in Supercross mode.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
MX Vs ATV Unleashed (Demo Version)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
INSTALLATION & SET UP:
1. System Requirements
2. DirectX(R) Detection & Installation
3. Windows(R) Installer Updates
1. Video Issues
2. Motherboard Drivers
3. Keyboard / Input Issues
4. Operating System Specific Issues
1. Basic Racing Controls
2. End User License Agreement (EULA)
INSTALLATION & SET UP
Please note that MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo does not support Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 95/NT.
1. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
DirectX 9.0c (included on disc)
1.2Ghz Pentium III or equivalent AMD Athlon XP processor
256 MB RAM
1.2 GB free hard drive space
GeForce 2 – ATI 7500 or better with at least 32 MB of Video RAM (64MB required for the Unleashed Editor)
DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
512 MB System RAM
nVidia GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 or equivalent with 64 MB of Video RAM.
2. DIRECTX(R) DETECTION AND INSTALLATION
The MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo installer will check your computer for the currently installed version of DirectX(R). If it detects an older version of DirectX (R), it will prompt you to install DirectX(R) 9.0c. THQ recommends allowing the installer to proceed with the DirectX(R) 9.0c installation, even if you think you may have 9.0c installed. Re-installing DirectX(R) 9.0c will not harm your DirectX(R) configuration. MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo requires DirectX(R) 9.0c to install and play.
3. WINDOWS(R) INSTALLER UPDATES
The Windows(R) Installer may need to be updated. If this is the case, the MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo installer will update the Windows(R) Installer, reboot the machine, then continue normally.
1. VIDEO ISSUES
MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo only supports ATI or NVIDIA video cards. The latest drivers are required:
For best performance and video quality, please make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card when running MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo. If you have an ATI or NVIDIA video card, you can find drivers on their websites.
MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo does not support on board video cards. If you using a computer with the video chipset on the motherboard then you may experience and number of problems running the game.
2. MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS
MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo requires the latest video card AND motherboard drivers to be installed, as there have been significant issues in recent, but not the latest, drivers. Please make sure you are running the latest drivers available for BOTH your video card and motherboard.
Often motherboard drivers are overlooked when updating systems, and as a result most computers are running very old versions that simply do not work properly and may cause very noticeable slow downs and stability issues.
3. KEYBOARD / CONTROLLER/ INPUT ISSUES
If you are having input difficulties please ensure you have the latest service pack for the operating system you are using.
If you are using an XBox(R) 360 version controller, please be aware that axis controls for reverse command using acceleration and brake may not work. You will need to use button options only when remapping the reverse command.
4. OPERATING SYSTEM-SPECIFIC ISSUES
A. Windows(R) Key Interrupts Game in 2000/XP
If the Windows(R) key is pressed during game play, the Start Menu will interrupt the game. Should this happen, simply press the Escape (Esc) key to close the menu and return to the game. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this from happening again except by being careful not to hit those keys while playing.
B. Administrator Privileges Needed To Install On Windows(r) 2000 or XP
If you are running Windows(R) 2000 or Windows(R) XP, you must have Administrator privileges to properly install the game. You do not, however, require Administrator privileges to play the game after it has been installed.
For information on how to change your user settings to obtain Administrator privileges, please refer to your Windows (R) documentation, or click the Start button and select ‘Help and Support’.
C. Alt-Tab to switch applications
Some drivers do not support the Alt-Tab switching between MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo and other applications. It is highly recommended that you do not use Alt-Tab to switch to another program while MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo is running. If you wish to switch programs, first close MX Vs ATV Unleashed Demo.
1. BASIC RACING CONTROLS
Function Key Joystick
Throttle Spacebar Button 1
Brake LCTRL Button 2
Clutch C Button 3
Preload Down/Up cursor Forward/Back
Steer Left/Right cursors Left/Right
Change Camera F
Pause Menu ESC
Stunt X or Z
Stunt Modifier L+Shift
You can remap any controls in the main menu of the game from: Options->Control Settings->Control Mappings
2. END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA)
1. READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE ON YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER. THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (AN INDIVIDUAL OR A SINGLE ENTITY "YOU") ON THE ONE HAND, AND THQ INC. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS "THQ") ON THE OTHER HAND, FOR THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT ENTITLED "MX VS. ATV UNLEASHED DEMO," WHICH INCLUDES COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND ANY ASSOCIATED MEDIA, PRINTED MATERIALS, AND/OR "ONLINE" OR ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION (TOGETHER CALLED THE "SOFTWARE"). BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE (OR, IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE PURCHASED THE SOFTWARE AS CONTAINED ON A CD-ROM, BY OPENING THE PACKAGING MATERIALS THEREOF), YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED, NOT SOLD, TO YOU FOR USE ONLY UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE AND DELETE ALL COPIES IN YOUR POSSESSION.
2. THQ grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use one copy of the Software in the country in which you acquired the Software for your own personal, non-commercial use, but retains all property rights in the Software and all copies thereof. All other rights are expressly reserved by THQ. You may: (i) use the Software on any supported computer configuration, provided the Software is used on only one (1) such computer; and (ii) permanently transfer the Software and its documentation to another user provided you retain no copies and the recipient agrees to the terms of this Agreement. You may not transfer, distribute, rent, sub-license, or lease the Software or documentation, except as provided herein; or alter, modify, or adapt the Product or documentation, or any portions thereof.
3. You acknowledge that the Software in source code form remains a confidential trade secret of THQ. You agree not to modify or attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
4. OWNERSHIP: All right, title and interest and intellectual property rights in and to the Software (including but not limited to any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, images, photographs, animations, video, sounds, audio-visual effects, music, musical compositions, text and "applets," incorporated into the Software), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the Software, are owned by THQ or its licensors. This Agreement grants you no rights to use such content other than as part of the Software. All rights not expressly granted under this Agreement are reserved by THQ.
5. This Agreement is effective upon your installation of the Software and shall continue until revoked by THQ or until you breach any term hereof; upon termination you agree to destroy and/or delete all copies of the Software in your possession.
6. You shall not modify the Software or merge the Software into another computer Program (except to the extent the Software is made to operate within a computer operating system and in connection with other computer program) or create derivative works based upon the Software.
7. The Software may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. If you do not meet these criteria or are not sure, do not install the software and destroy any copies in your possession. If you live in such a country, no license is granted hereunder.
8. You are responsible for assessing your own computer and the results to be obtained therefrom. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. THQ AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, AND THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, REGARDING THE SOFTWARE. THQ AND ITS LICENSORS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA, ITEMS OR OTHER MATERIALS FROM ERRORS OR OTHER MALFUNCTIONS CAUSED BY THQ, ITS LICENSORS, LICENSEE AND/OR SUBCONTRACTORS, OR BY YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTICIPANT'S OWN ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS. THQ and its licensors make no warranty with respect to any related software or hardware used or provided by THQ in connection with the Software except as expressly set forth above.
9. INTENTIONALLY OMITTED.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THQ AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT ASSUME OR HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTION BY THQ OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS, OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR OTHER LICENSORS WITH RESPECT TO CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT OF THE SOFTWARE. THQ AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE, OR MALFUNCTION OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THQ'S AND ITS LICENSORS’ ENTIRE LIABILITY TO YOU AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED SOLELY TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE, IF ANY. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES THQ'S AND ITS LICENSORS’ LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. INJUNCTION. Because THQ would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this License Agreement were not specifically enforced, you agree that THQ shall be entitled, without bond, other security or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as THQ may otherwise have under applicable laws.
12. INDEMNITY. At THQ's request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless THQ, its subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, licensees, distributors, developers, content providers, and other users of the Software, from all damages, losses, liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising directly or indirectly from your acts and omissions to act in using the Software pursuant to the terms of this License Agreement or any breach of this License Agreement by you. THQ reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you hereunder, and in such event, you shall have no further obligation to provide indemnification for such matter.
13. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The Software and documentation have been developed entirely at private expense and are provided as "Commercial Computer Software" or "restricted computer software." Use, duplication or disclosure by the U.S. Government or a U.S. Government subcontractor is subject to the restrictions set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clauses in DFARS 252.227-7013 or as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software Restricted Rights clauses at FAR 52.227-19, as applicable. The Contractor / Manufacturer is THQ Inc., 29903 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301.
14. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights of THQ, this License Agreement and your right to use the Software may automatically terminate without notice from THQ if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement or any terms and conditions associated with the Software. In such event, you must destroy all copies of this Software and all of its component parts.
15. GENERAL PROVISIONS. You may not use, copy, modify, sublicense, rent, sell, assign or transfer the rights or obligations granted to you in this Agreement, except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement is void, except that you may transfer your Software to another person provided that person accepts the terms of this License Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and such decision shall not affect the enforceability of: (i) such provision under other circumstances, or (ii) the remaining provisions hereof under all circumstances. THQ's failure to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be construed to be a present or future waiver of such provisions, nor in any way affect the right of any party to enforce each and every such provision thereafter. The express waiver by THQ of any provision, condition or requirement of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any future obligation to comply with such provision, condition or requirement. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, no default, delay or failure to perform on the part of THQ shall be considered a breach of this Agreement if such default, delay or failure to perform is shown to be due to causes beyond the reasonable control of THQ. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and the United States without regard to its conflicts of laws rules and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete agreement concerning this License Agreement between you and THQ.
© 2006 THQ Inc. Developed by Rainbow Studios and Beenox Studios, Inc. Beenox and the Beenox logo are trademarks of Beenox Studios, Inc. Uses Bink Video. Copyright © 1997-2004 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Rainbow Studios, THQ and their respective logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
|File Name: mxvsatv_demo.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 79.69 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 3,157 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,382,168 (51,569 last week)|
|Posted: 17.01.2006||Supporters: n/a|