Patch: Patch 1.00 to 1.04
The v1.04 patch makes several bug fixes in the game. Please refer to the readme file for more details.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- ..:: May 1, 2003 ::..
..:: O.R.B Patch 1.04 ::..
..:: FIXES ::..
- 2D tactical replaced by a 3D tactical
- 4 new playable units
- 2 Malus frigates
- 2 Alyssian frigates
- 2 new Alien units
- 1 Kyulek Carrier
- 1 Elathan Carrier
- 8 new Skirmish/MP scenarios
- New weapons
- New and improved sound effects
- UI buttons
- UI effects
- Engine sounds
- Multiplayer stability improvements
- Network code enhancements, MP games run extremely smoother.
- Improved loading time by 200%
- Improved AI behavior
- Improved explosions
- Build screen "Pause" button
- Improved Minimap
- Unit selection visual feedback
- Revised Frontend Menus
- Improved Gamespy/Gamespy Arcade support
- Maximum Cap ships up to 20
..:: February 25, 2003 ::..
..:: O.R.B Patch 1.03 ::..
..:: FIXES ::..
- Fixed various bugs happening in the MP Screens vs Gamespy.
..:: February 10, 2003 ::..
..:: O.R.B Patch 1.02 ::..
..:: FIXES ::..
- Fixed the issue with Gathering of the Paths scenario where continuing from a
saved game after the map had been finished, would not allow the map to end,
has been resolved.
- Fixed bugs in Alyssian Scenarios 2 and 3
- Fixed erratic never-ending bug in Tutorial 6
- Unable to build capital ships in certain maps due to stealing all the
required techs has been fixed
- Improved follow and attack unarmed ships.
- Added more readable fonts for 640x480 and 800x600
- Fixed bug in multiplayer, when player captures a ship it is shown with a
- Fixed bug with docked ships having wrong names displayed.
- Freighters and other ships can now be docked inside of asteroid bases.
- Minor docking bugs fixed.
- Tech tree display order fixed.
- Pressing group number will also select docked ships.
- Debris and explosion can now be seen by winning team.
- Improved capital ship combat with asteroid structures.
- Mineable asteroid found message is displayed when a new resources asteroid
- Client timeout causes everyone to timeout bug
- AI teammate not updating properly when changing race in spaceport team game
- Scenario download bug
- Chat colors during paused game
- Quit during paused game causes pause to set next game
- Spy messages for dropped players
- Fixed intermittent HyperSpacing bug
- Blue dialog boxes in campaign have been removed
- fixed a bug where win98 users could not join a game hosted on another OS,
- better detection of game desynchronization on multiple machines during
- fixed the saving and loading back of a game in skirmish and multiplayer
- fixed a gamespy lobby crash bug after aborting or ending a multiplayer
- fixed a bug where the user would periodically get asked to register his cd
key even if it was already entered previously,
- fixed a bug where, when restoring a savegame, a player could change his race
which caused the game to crash (user is now prevented from modifying his
on a restored game)
- fixed a bug where a client joining a game goes into the multiplayer game
settings screen when the user launches the game, used to crash or something
but now works correctly.
-EDITOR: Sun zones have been removed.
-EDITOR: Crash bug when the move down button is pressed with only one trigger.
-EDITOR: Brush palette icon for the Alyssian cloaking carrier has been fixed.
-EDITOR: Can no longer have less than two players.
-EDITOR: When triggers blocks are deleted, modified or moved the current focus
-EDITOR: Graphical issue causing the trigger window to become entirely gray has
-EDITOR: Crash if a bad spaceport type is selected has been fixed.
-EDITOR: Trigger Windows are no longer system modal.
-EDITOR: View is no longer reset by the scenario editor.
-EDITOR: Add button no longer need for starting locations.
-EDITOR: Umbra and Penumbra removed.
-EDITOR: Planet names are dynamic in scenario editor.
-EDITOR: Fog top and bottom material is not reset when recreating sun or
-EDITOR: Mist color is not reset when asteroids are recreated.
-EDITOR: Asteroid string points are now moveable.
..:: NEW MP/SKIRMISH FEATURES ::..
-Choose starting carrier type for carrier and no portal carrier games.
-Ability to set the Hull percentage for bases, capital Ships, fighters, cargo
ships, and support ships.
-Starting Tech level option.
-Maximum tech level option.
-Disallow repair ships from repairing capital ships in combat option.
-Stronger turrets option.
-No orbiting asteroids option.
-Multiplayer AI Players
..:: NEW EDITOR FEATURES ::..
-EDITOR: Disable Unit in zone trigger.
-EDITOR: Dedicated carrier/no portal carrier map starting locations.
-EDITOR: Mode to see in game names.
-EDITOR: Multiple trigger lists available for use.
-EDITOR: Search is available for triggers.
-EDITOR: Additional textures will preview textures.
..:: November 12,2002 ::..
..:: O.R.B STABILITY PATCH 1.01 ::..
..:: FIXES ::..
-Bug that causes persistent research and fleet to not function on some Windows
XP configurations has been fixed.
-When a multi player game re-synchronizing, manpower distribution will be
-Troop Transport Pods will return to their Troop Transport if the Commando
destroyed before boarding.
-Commandos will return to their Troop Transport Pod if the target re-enables
before the Commando reaches it.
-Intermittent Crash bug caused by destroying the Troop Transport Pod right
before the Commando boarded has been fixed.
-Bug that caused Manpower to be reduced a bit after some loaded games has been
-Intermittent Crash bug that occurs during combat has been fixed.
-EDITOR: Running the scenario editor will no longer overwrite audio and video
-EDITOR: Player Resources are properly displayed
-EDITOR: Message Box is displayed when an invalid team ID is entered for a
-SKIRMISH: Pherngal map has been fixed.
..:: NOTE ::..
-For those who have encoutered the WinXP bug, it is strongly recommended to
delete any existing profiles and create new ones.
|File Name: orb-patch-1.00_to_1.04_usa.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 56.86 MB||Files Added: 10,654|
|Downloads: 1,268 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,100,611 (55,995 last week)|
|Posted: 14.08.2003||Supporters: n/a|