Pirates of the Caribbean Hints, Tips
- Hyperspeed Sailing
- I´ve found an easy way to speed up the boring sailing trips, especially between islands.
Using a text editor open ''Interface.c'' in the game folder ''Pirates of the Caribbean/PROGRAM/INTERFACE/''
Search for the word ''arcade'' and you will find the following line at the end of the file:
if(bArcadeMode) return 2.0;
Change the number to the desired speed factor, e.g. ''6.0'' and save the file.
In game press the time-scale key (''*'' on NumPad) and there you go, with 6 times the normal speed !
Have fun !
- Escape Battles and Storms
- While the loading screen is up get prepared to press F3 as soon as the battle or storm loads up, press F3 and you will return to the sea. If you are a second too late, it will not work.
- Easy money
- Go to any of the loan sharks and ask for any amount of money. You can go to the box in his office and drop your money in it. Then, go up to him again and ask for more money. Continue to do this until you have the desired amount. Even though he says that he has ways of getting his money back, he never comes after you.
- Stack captain scores
- You can add more than one person, other than the Captain, onto your other three ships. All of their scores will stack with that ship's captain's score. There are two different ways to do this. The first method is at the "Open Sea" screen (where you can see all of your ships), get close to another one of your ships and a swap cargo icon will appear. Go into the swap cargo menu. There is an option to switch captains. Under this option, there is a screen that has four slots. One of them is the captain of that ship. Click on one of the other three slots, then assign passengers to each one. When you do this, they dissapear from your passenger list. You will need to get more party members at the tavern if you want to fill up all your ships. Do not sell the ship with the other three crewmembers still on it. You will lose anyone that is still on board. The second method is to capture a ship and do it when you assign a captain to the captured ship.
- Ding Dong Ditch
- Go to a door in any part of the game and press Action. Your character will knock on the door, then you can run away.