Mod: Unpredictable Q4 0.9
Quake 4: All Downloads (394) Patches (14) | Demos (3) | Mods (200) | Maps (160) | Movies (8) | Others (9)
This mod by Dafama2K7 features new textures, sounds, effects and much more. See File Details.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
Unpredictable Q4 v0.9 by Dafama (27-8-2008)
This is a mod specially aimed at playability, gfx & fx enhancements, sound changes
GUI updates and much more for Quake IV. Now i am taking very seriously the Q4 mod
development, i have gained more expirience with them and although i have to limit
myself to not being able to use scripting, at least at the moment on Q4 mods, because
Raven not letting the mod creators to use this important thing, i have to say that
even in this way i am very happy with the way this mod are going, at this moment,
specially the weapons and vehicles are the more tweaked but from the next v1.0
release i will start also to change the A.I. to make it smart and unpredictable !
Also i am now speeding up many weapons and specially monster anims to make the
game much harder and the action will be much faster, also the zombies will be
more scary while going at you very quick and trying to kill you !
Very special thanks to all this good people...:
Thanks to TheRealSceneGraphManager for let me use they're Chromatic Shaders.
Thanks to Langencheiss to fix and update the Chromatic shaders. :)
Thanks to Maha-X for creating such a Brilliant mods !
Thanks to Adam MacDonals (AKA Slayer_2) for the incredible work on they're own mod Quake 4 Weapons Realism mod and specially for help me learning more Q4 things !
- Smart A.I.
- Better and more weapon mods to add.
- Being able to select the player to be a Marine or a Strogg at any moment. :D
- Change many, many objects on the maps that are actually static and i want all them to be moveable, easy to do but a very repetitive work.
- Add more health to monsters, specially the big ones, but keeping the balance.
- Make the game more different played on for example Skill 0 or 1 than 2 or 3
and very hard from Skill 4 or 5 (Crazy !).
- If i can... Add the new GravityGun weapon that i am actually trying to make it work on another Quake 4 mod.
- Any idea, tell me anything, i am very happy to have feedback from the users.
v0.9 - Public full release, very big changes, NEW features and bug fixes.
- Updated to BHMod_NG shaders from NG shaders, because are even better, in fact this updated version are almost comparable to UT3 or ETQW shaders in many aspects.
- Bettered flashlights for Blaster, MGun and Shotgun and fixed the offset.
- Added dynamic lights and shadows to many FX and materials used by weapons.
- Better vehicle weapons, added zoom to many of them.
- Better weapons, added zoom to all of them.
- Optimized tools scripts, thanks to Mausus Atlas !
- Added very good 'idle' sounds to LightningGun and NapalmGun weapons.
- Faster walking/dragging anims for some zombies/failed transfer entities, scary !!!
- Faster reload and fire anims for RailGun weapon, at last ! :D
- Added full dynamic shadows to all the SP and now MP official maps.
- The ammo, weapons and many other objects have less mass, because previously was too high, explosions and DMG fire will affect much more the objects now, spectacular !
- Missiles and non bullet projectiles now have health so they can be damaged in the air.
- The Gev Tank and the Walker Mech have now drastically enhanced, added zoom and both have a third new type of projectile to fire !!!
- The TramGun and others have a new zoom with GUI added feature and the weapon can go to hot if used for more than 15 seconds without pause, in that case it will need a 10 seconds wait time to refresh.
- And finally of course, many bugs have been fixed.
v0.8 - This time it's an update, the previous v0.7 full is needed to be installed
- Updated to latest NG shaders.
- Removed redundant files, now mod size is smaller.
- Fixed mainmenu in game music not being played by default.
- Changed mainmenu default and in game music.
- Changed screen, splash and generic loading screens in both .dds and .tga
formats (compressed and uncompressed).
- Added a little D3 alike zoom pressing the alternate (right) mouse button.
- Added more push to all weapons.
v0.7 - Updated with latest NG Q4 special shaders.
- Added latest shader techniques by Maha-X.
- Fixed materials for characters and monsters.
- Enhanced all weapons.
- Bigger light radius for all mounted lights.
- Added Gauntlet and Napalmgun weapons.
- Updated impact FX for RocketLauncher.
- And more...
v0.6 - Updated to latest NG shaders.
- Much powerful weapons.
- More balanced game play.
- Uses the Chromatic Dispersion Shaders by TheRealScenegraphManager.
- Fixed small bugs and optimized some things.
v0.5 - Better fire rate for some weapons.
- Better muzzleflash F.E.A.R. alike effect
- Uses Next Generation Enhanced shaders (beyond the limits version).
- Better explosions FX & particles.
- Uses latest Quake IV terrain detail mapping (1.1)
arranged by LDAsh - date:070512.
Note...: Not much at the moment, but i am getting into and enjoying enhancing Quake 4, so much complete and fully enhanced versions will come, stay tunned !!!
|File Name: unpredictable_q4_v09_full.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 102.50 MB||Files Added: 10,611|
|Downloads: 888 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,068,621 (60,585 last week)|
|Posted: 26.09.2008||Supporters: n/a|