Mod: Brilliant Highlights 0.60b
Quake 4: All Downloads (391) Patches (14) | Demos (3) | Mods (197) | Maps (160) | Movies (8) | Others (9)
Brilliant Highlights 0.60b.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
What is it?
A modified shader for Quake 4 (and Doom 3 / RoE as a separate mod) that enhances the appearance of lights and bumpmaps.
Features (* new since last version)
# HQ specular highlights #
- Power function based falloff
- Dynamic falloff (shinyness)
- Specular map masking
- Reflect vector math for true per-pixel result
# HQ Normalmapping #
- Normalmap normalization increases bumpmap quality
- Normalmap filtering(*) reduces specular aliasing
# HQ diffuse falloff #
- New math based diffuse falloff(*) enhaces the contrast and appearance of lighting
# Backlights #
- New backlights(*) add realism by casting subtle light behind objects, as in reality, light tends to reflect and shine back from surfaces it hits.
Lost & Found
- The unpleasant "X-ray" light has been fixed (from version 0.50)
- There seems to be a major incompatibility with the ATI Radeon X1000 series! Sorry guys, but this one I think is up to ATI to fix.. Older models should work fine.
- Performance trend has been downward from the first version of BH, and 0.60 is no exception :) Still way playable on my 6800GT @ 1280x720 4xAA 8xAF
- Outdoor areas appear slightly darker than before, there might be a 0.61 version out later to better balance the lighting conditions
So how do I install?
Option A: Create a folder to your Quake 4 directory (name it "bhmod" for example) and extract this package there. You can then access the mod trough the Quake 4 mods menu. Use this option if you play online (servers wont allow permanent mods)
Option B: Permanent install (more like "allways enabled"). Extract the file "z_bhmod.pk4" to your quake4/q4base folder. The mod will then be automatically (and allways) enabled.
Option A: Delete the folder.
Option B: Delete file "z_bhmod.pk4" from your quake4/q4base folder.
Sure; mail me at maha_x [AT] hotmail [DOT] com
See Quake 4 eula. Also, if you want to use my mod, ask. Not that I wanted to say no, just that I know. And credit me where required.
|File Name: bhmod_q4_60b.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 64 KB||Files Added: 9,436|
|Downloads: 160 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,217,737 (67,254 last week)|
|Posted: 25.06.2006||Supporters: n/a|