Patch: Patch 1.1 Beta
Quake 4: All Downloads (394) Patches (14) | Demos (3) | Mods (200) | Maps (160) | Movies (8) | Others (9)
This beta patch brings gameplay elements for both single and multiplayer, a voice chat in multiplayer, as well as several enhancements and fixes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- QUAKE 4(tm) 1.1 Point Release - Beta - README
QUAKE 4 1.1 BETA Update Available
This is the BETA of our broad QUAKE 4 update. It fixes issues and adds gameplay elements throughout both single and multiplayer -- including voice chat in multiplayer, a forcemodel option, a one-minute warning for tournament matches, fixed pure server autodownloading, Hyper-Threading Technology support, smooth stairjumping and a ton of multiplayer specific fixes which have been requested by the community and discovered during our own gameplay. In short, multiplayer is fixed. ;) For a complete list of new features, fixes, and changes, please see the ReadMe file.
This update will bring any previous version of the game completely up to date, however it will affect pure server and protocol consistency. Therefore, players who update to 1.1 BETA will only be able to play multiplayer against other 1.1 BETA users, and save games created on previous versions of the game will not be compatible with the 1.1 BETA update. Please use the form at www.idsoftware.com/bugs/ to report any issues you find with the 1.1 BETA update.
Once we are satisfied the 1.1 BETA is completely solid, we will release the FINAL 1.1 update. This will be a required update and will be available through the "Update" option in the game. With that release, we'll also be including 4 all-new multiplayer maps in addition to the QUAKEMAS map pack (3 maps) that was released in December.
We are currently working with the mod team community to deliver the 1.1 SDK and bring their mods current as soon as possible. Lastly, stay tuned in the coming months for additional free game content including new maps and gametypes.
Last updated 02-03-06
Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by
This Beta update for QUAKE 4 addresses issues found in both
multiplayer and single player since the release of the game. A
complete list of changes and additions is included below. For future
updates and more information about the game, please visit the official
game website at http://www.quake4game.com
Quake 4 1.1 Beta Point Release Bug Reporting
If you have any problems with this 1.1 Beta Point Release, please
utilize our bug submission webform located at
http://www.idsoftware.com/bugs. We appreciate all the helpful feedback
we received from our prior beta updates so please keep it coming.
Send a description of your problem and the following information:
1) The first part of the Quake 4 console log. This is generated
automatically by the game. Access this information by pressing
Ctrl-Alt-Tilde (Tilde is the key on the left side of the number 1 key)
to bring down the game console. Then press the "Page Up" key to scroll
up to the start of the logged information until you see something like
Quake4 Debug V0.33.0.1 Build 2013 win-x86 Sep 5 2005
2 physical CPUs, 2 logical CPUs
2992 MHz Intel CPU with MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3
16 kB 1st level cache, 1024 kB 2nd level cache, 0 kB 3rd level cache
2048 MB System Memory
240 MB Video Memory
2) DxDiag.txt report. This can be obtained by clicking the Start menu,
selecting "Run," typing "dxdiag" and pressing enter. Once the progress
meter in the lower left corner stops moving, click the "Save All
Information" key to save the file.
Table of Contents:
* Notes for Mod Users
* Hyper-Threading Technology
+ Test for number of processors (HT or Dual core)
+ How to enable Hyper-Threading Technology in the game
* Fixes & Updates in 1.1
o New Features
+ Single Player
+ Known Issues
* Fixes & Updates in 18.104.22.168
In addition to a number of new changes and updates, this 1.1 Beta
Point Release also includes the changes from update 22.214.171.124, and beta
126.96.36.199 and beta 188.8.131.52. If you have not previously updated QUAKE 4,
this update will bring your installation completely up to date. If you
have previously installed an earlier update, this update can be
installed over the earlier update(s) without problems - there is no
need to re-install previous updates released through the id Software
website. Doing so may adversely affect the proper functionality of
PLEASE NOTE: Older savegames will no longer work correctly once the
1.1 update is installed!
If you require additional QUAKE 4 technical support, please see the
help system that is included with the game.
Notes for mod users:
Due to the vast number of updates and new functionality in the 1.1
Point Release, mods will have to be updated to the 1.1 code by each
respective mod author in order to run correctly on the 1.1 version of
Quake 4. Information regarding mods and news related to the Quake 4
SDK can be found at http://www.iddevnet.com/quake4/Quake4SDK.
Activision does not provide any technical support for mods.
This update enables QUAKE 4 to take advantage of the Hyper-Threading
Technology of Intel(r) Dual core processors. Players who have computer
systems with this processor will notice significant performance gains
in QUAKE 4. With the update, systems with a single core processor
which uses the Hyper-Threading Technology will have a performance jump
of up to 25% compared to non Hyper-Threaded processors. Dual core
processors with Hyper-Threading Technology will see a performance
increase of up to 87%. In short, systems with this technology will see
the game run much faster than ever before.
Test for number of processors (HT or Dual core):
To find out if you have Hyper-Threading enabled or a dual core system,
perform the following steps:
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. If a window called "Windows Task
Manager" does not appear, click on the "Windows Task Manager" button.
2. When the window appears, click on the "Performance" tab.
3. There will be a section at the top of this window called "CPU Usage
History." If you have HT or dual core on your machine, there should be
two graphs side by side under the "CPU Usage History" label.
4. If those side-by-side graphs are not present and you believe that
the system should have HT, it may not be enabled in the BIOS. For more
information on how to enable HT in the BIOS, please consult any guides
or manuals from your computer manufacturer.
How to enable Hyper-Threading Technology in the game:
By DEFAULT, the symmetric multiprocessing (SMP)-based acceleration
(which is the feature that enables the performance increase) is
DISABLED. If you have a system with multiple CPUs or cores, please
follow the directions below.
From the Quake 4 Main Menu:
1. Click "Settings".
2. Click "System".
3. Click "Advanced Options".
4. Set "Multiple CPU/Core" to "Yes". (You will be prompted that your
changes will not take effect until next time the game is launched.)
5. Click "Back".
6. Click "EXIT" and relaunch the game to initialize the change.
Quake 4 will detect the number of processors in your system and
prevent you from mistakenly activating this option. If you feel that
your system has the necessary hardware to run the SMP optimization,
please consult your hardware manufacturer's guides or manuals for
instructions on how to enable the multi-processor or dual core feature
on your system.
Fixes & Updates in 1.1:
* Corrected an issue with skipping the ending cinematic.
* Pentium(r) M processors will now be properly detected.
* When using right-click to lower the video quality, the user will
be prompted to apply the change immediately.
* Corrected a stability issue related to old sound drivers.
* Added doImpulse and doButton commands to support button actions
and impulses via the console. For example:
+ bind l "doButton +_moveup; wait 5; doButton -_moveup;"
+ bind l "doImpulse _impulse1; wait 10; doImpulse _impulse5"
* Several sound issues have been corrected.
* Added mouse acceleration functionality with the m_accel cvar. This
is only available through the console. Higher values give more
* Video option changes can be applied immediately instead of
restarting the game.
* Widescreen option will no longer affect the menus adversely.
* The FOV (g_fov) can now be adjusted higher than 110. We do not
recommend values higher than 110.
* Application stability improved when setting the Sound Device to
General Software with a Creative X-Fi sound card.
* Implemented an AddOn PK4 system similar to Doom 3(tm) v1.3. Please
see http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/doom/AddonPaks for more
* Resolved an issue with the level editor not working correctly with
* Corrected a few localized string errors.
* Added a new cvar for adjusting the look speed while zoomed:
pm_zoomedSlow (defaults to 100). This can be adjusted from 1 to
100: lower numbers are slower.
* Finalized network demos: replay client or server recordings of
network game or run performance tests. Please see
http://www.iddevnet.com/quake4/NetworkDemos for more info.
* Voice chat for Multiplayer is now available! To use voice chat, a
microphone must be present and working on the system. After
setting up the microphone correctly in your operating system, a
Voice Chat key must be set in the Settings/Controls/Other tab,
which is accessed from the Main Menu. Configuration of the voice
chat options such as Mic Input Volume, Receive Volume, etc can
only be accessed in the ESC menu s "Voice Config" option once you
have successfully loaded into a multiplayer match. When in any
team game (TeamDM/CTF/ArenaCTF), only teammates can hear the
speaker. When in a non-team game, all players can hear the
* Added sorting functionality for the Multiplayer Friends List.
* Added a forcemodel option. Typing one of the three commands below
and using tab complete will bring up a list of usable models for
+ g_forceModel forces all players displayed on the client
machine to one of the models listed below, in non-team
gameplay modes. The available models are:
+ g_forceMarineModel will force all Marine players displayed on
the client machine to one of the models listed below, in team
gameplay modes. The available models are:
+ g_forceStroggModel will force all Strogg players displayed on
the client machine to one of the models listed below, in team
gameplay modes. The available models are:
* Variables for private clients have been implemented. All of these
options must be set from the console or in config scripts:
+ si_privatePlayers: This is the number of private player slots
reserved on the server. It subtracts from si_maxPlayers, so a
server with si_maxPlayers 16 and 4 private player slots will
only allow 12 public players to connect.
+ g_privatePassword: This is the server-side password setting.
+ privatePassword: This is the client password used to access a
server's private player slots. This must be set from the
* Added a voting option to shuffle teams.
* Added a one-minute warning for tournament matches.
* Added a server-side console variable that will allow enabling or
disabling of voting options. si_voteFlags (which defaults to 0,
meaning nothing disabled) is the variable, and it uses a bit mask
+ bit 0 (+1) restart map
+ bit 1 (+2) min players
+ bit 2 (+4) auto balance teams
+ bit 3 (+8) shuffle teams
+ bit 4 (+16) kick player
+ bit 5 (+32) change map
+ bit 6 (+64) change gametype
+ bit 7 (+128) time limit
+ bit 8 (+256) tourney round limit
+ bit 9 (+512) capture limit
+ bit 10 (+1024) frag limit
* Sum the total of the parenthetical numbers for each of the vote
options you want to disable. For example, to disable voting on
"kick player," "change gametype," and "frag limit," add the
numbers: 16, 64, and 1024 (total of 1104), and set on the server:
si_voteFlags 1104. Please note that any changes will not take
effect until after a map restart, and anyone viewing the voting
options during that transitory phase will not see the changes
unless they back out to the game and then enter the shell again.
* When aiming at a teammate in a team game, their health and armor
level shows under their name.
* When spectating and following, viewing the MP Statistics (default
key 'Z') now shows the stats of whoever you are following.
* The Game Browser now has scroll bar arrows to scroll through one
server at a time.
* Players will be notified when teams are rebalanced.
* There is a new system by which players may anonymously report
their usage statistics to the developers, such as type of video
card, amount of system RAM, the presence of a DVD drive, etc.
After installing the 1.1 patch, the first time the game starts, a
confirmation window will appear. At this point, the player may
choose to enable anonymous usage statistic reporting. Alternately,
this may be set ahead of time with a cvar,
* Added a "simple items" cvar so that item pickups will appear as
icon representations instead of the actual model. Use
g_simpleitems 1/0 to enable and disable. This is only available in
* The serverInfo command will now report more accurate data.
* After playing a Multiplayer game and disconnecting, the Game
Browser will be displayed instead of the Main Menu.
* Name coloring in team game death messages is now disabled.
* The variables pm_bobpitch, pm_bobroll, pm_bobup, pm_crouchbob,
pm_runbob, pm_runpitch, pm_runroll and pm_walkbob are no longer
* The dedicated server executable no longer requires a sound card or
a pixel shader-capable video card.
* With Weapon Stay enabled, a notifying sound will play when running
over a weapon you already possess.
* Player spawn code has been adjusted to mimic the spawn style of
Quake III Team Arena.
* Strafe-jumping on stairs is smoother.
* When under 25 health, the player will hear a different pain grunt
to indicate that health is especially low.
* Increased the volume of the sound that plays when you hit an
opponent in Multiplayer.
* Slightly increased the volume of other player's Lightning Gun and
Railgun hum noises to make them easier to hear.
* Spectators will no longer be counted as "on a team" for
* The CTF "Defense" award has been adjusted to provide the
achievement within a larger radius from any team flag and enemy
flags carried by a teammate.
* Improved Gametype selections to properly display the appropriate
map types in the map selection pane of the Create Server menu.
* Adjusted the text "You are not ready" when ready mode is enabled
so that it is more obvious to players.
* Spectator players will only see chat messages from other
spectators, and will not see team chat.
* When a player disconnects from a Tournament match early, the
server will now seed the remaining players correctly for the
remainder of the match.
* PunkBuster(tm) now properly enables and disables in the server
* Muted icons now display properly on the scoreboard tab of the
End-Game Summary window.
* The Ammo Regen powerup now functions correctly when using the
* The Invisibility powerup sound no longer carries over to arena 1
from other arenas.
* A Dedicated server will no longer crash if warmup is off and all
players disconnect from the server.
* Tournament mode matches will enter sudden death properly after
players reach the frag limit simultaneously.
* Corrected an inconsistency with falling damage in Multiplayer.
* PunkBuster rcon output will now be displayed properly to connected
* Projectiles will no longer appear to travel through map geometry
on clients with slower internet connections.
* Jump sounds will no longer get stuck occasionally when gibbing
* The "One Minute Warning" will no longer be heard during warm up.
* Projectiles will no longer fly sideways through teleporters.
* Player corpses will not disappear so suddenly if the player force
* Item effects will now always be aligned with the item pickup.
* Icons no longer lag behind the player model.
* Players will no longer hear old countdown announcements when
spawning into a new tournament arena.
* Powerups in tournament games no longer drop into the wrong arenas.
* Switching between the Summary and Statistics screens of the
End-Game Summary window will no longer reset the Statistics to 0.
* Items will not bob so quickly after a server has been active for a
* Improved server stability.
* In Tournament games, gibs from other arenas will no longer be
* Corrected an issue dealing with connecting to password-protected
servers while running the game in windowed mode.
* The video settings should no longer revert to default when
connecting to servers while running the game in windowed mode.
* Clicking "Get New List" in the Game Browser will no longer create
phantom servers in the list.
* Fixed call vote stability for clients running a Spanish or French
version of the game.
* Playing back net demos will no longer cause a crash.
* When playing back a net demo with a mapchange in it, the game will
no longer attempt to connect to the server on which the game was
* Fixed announcer not understanding zero fraglimit setting when
negative numbers are expressed from client suicides.
* Gametype can be changed to CTF with the RCON command.
* The number of votes will be displayed correctly for the player
calling for the vote.
* If a spectating player votes at the end of a tourney, the vote
announcement will be properly heard.
* The map list will properly display when calling a vote to change
* The player will now always pick up ammo if they are not carrying
the maximum amount of ammo.
* The player will properly die when killed by clamp and barrels in
the Putra level.
* Corrected a progression break in the Hub 1 map.
* The player will properly die when killed by the plate compressor
in the Tram 1 level.
* The player will no longer be able to exit the Medlabs ride at the
beginning of the level.
* Fixed Gladiator's AI state when his shield is disabled with the
Surround Speakers option in Advanced Audio settings cannot be enabled
if Windows Sound options are not set correctly on the local machine.
Players with 5.1 surround sound must set their Advanced Speaker
Settings to Surround 5.1 instead of Desktop Stereo:
1. From the Windows(r) Control Panel, select "Sounds and Audio
2. In the "Speaker Settings" area, click the "Advanced" button.
3. Make sure that the speakers are set to "5.1 Surround" or "Surround
5.1" instead of "Desktop Stereo."
If this is not set correctly, then enabling the Surround Speakers
setting will not apply, and will default back to off.
Fixes & Updates in 184.108.40.206:
* Copied map files can now be overwritten/deleted without quitting
* The console command "com_allowconsole" will stay set after leaving
* Improved Game Browser sorting and filtering: You can sort by up to
three criteria, which will be displayed just under the server
list, with the more recently clicked criteria sorting first. For
example, to sort by ping time, then number of players, then
gametype, click them in the reverse order: Click "GAMETYPE," then
"PLAYERS," then "PING." The server list will be sorted by the
fastest ping, then the servers with the fewest players, then the
gametype. Clicking a category more than once will keep its
position as the primary sorting criteria, but will change the
sorting order. After cycling through all available sort types,
clicking the category a final time will remove it from the
sorting. Each criteria has specific behavior with one or two
clicks, as listed:
+ Favorite Server: Display only favorites, or only
+ Password Enabled: Display only locked server, or only
+ Dedicated Server: Display only Dedicated servers, or only
+ Punkbuster Enabled: Display only PB-enabled servers, or only
+ Server Name: Sort server names A to Z, or Z to A.
+ Ping: Sort by ping Low to High, or High to Low.
+ Players: Sort by Players High to Low, High to Low (non-full),
Low to High, or Low to High (non-empty).
+ Gametype: Sort by Deathmatch, Team DM, Tournament, CTF, or
+ Map: Sort by map CTF1 to DM9, or DM9 to CTF1.
* The Game Browser now displays more than 1000 servers.
* Fixed a problem with the refresh time on the Game Browser.
* Added a Game Browser filter for full or empty servers.
* Players can now connect to a server while the Game Browser is
* Game Browser sorting will display the correct server information
without the need to refresh the list.
* Clicking anywhere on the scrollbar except the button itself will
advance a page up or down instead of shifting to that position.
* Non-full server sorting now disregards full servers.
* Game Browser hover window updates when sort order is changed.
* Fixed a Game Browser slowdown issue with high numbers of servers.
* Added Game Browser server list scrolling with the mousewheel,
keyboard arrows up/down, and keyboard Page Up/Page Down.
* The Game Browser hover window will only appear when mousing over a
* Sorting by server name will now ignore colored names, brackets,
* The dedicated server window will now be titled with the si_name
setting instead of "Quake 4".
(c) 2005-2006 Id Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Published and
distributed by Activision Publishing, Inc. under license. Developed by
Raven Software Corporation. QUAKE and ID are registered trademarks of
Id Software, Inc. in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/or some
other countries. Activision is a registered trademark of Activision
Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the
properties of their respective owners.
|File Name: quake4_1_1_patch_beta.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 59.01 MB||Files Added: 11,489|
|Downloads: 1,267 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 19,087,188 (27,361 last week)|
|Posted: 23.02.2006||Supporters: n/a|