Patch: Patch 1.05
International retail v1.05 patch.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Railroad Tycoon 3
Version History - Last updated on September 8, 2004.
Version 1.05 Changes
Note: This patch does NOT require you to have any prior patches installed.
Whether or not you have installed patches 1.01 to 1.04, the RT3 - Coast to
Coast expansion, or none of the above, this patch will work fine in any of
1. Fixed a multiplayer crash bug inadvertantly introduced in patch 1.04.
2. Resolved the bug that could cause trains to slow to 1 m.p.h. sometimes when
approaching stations and/or service towers.
3. Fixed a bug that would cause industries with 2 possible inputs (i.e. textile
mill), to produce at only half of their targeted rate, even when supplied with
Railroad Tycoon 3 : Coast to Coast
New mini-expansion pack, bundles the following content:
1) Thirteen new maps, covering all corners of the earth, including the
grand-daddy of RT3 scenarios - 'Coast To Coast' is also the name of the
flagship scenario in the expansion - a huge scenario sprawling over the entire
United States (Note: three of these maps were released in the weeks following
RT3's original release as 'bonus maps' - the other 10 have never been seen
before. All 13 were created by PopTop's talented internal design staff.) The
new maps are:
What if the American Revolution never took place, and the country never unified
as a whole? Come find out!
Coast to Coast
In the late 19th century the golden age of rail was coming into full bloom,
relive this era and create your own legacy.
East of the Mississippi
The call to prove that rails can be a true form of transportation in the modern
US has been issued, will you answer?
Under the new leadership of Mao, you are given the reigns to lead an effort to
revitalize the nation's rail system.
The potato famine has the nation in a major depression, you must Ireland's
other resources to end the suffering.
Take your part in reconstruction and help rebuild rail lines across Louisiana
and its neighbors.
As Mexico recovers from civil unrest, you must create a central railroad to
establish economic links with the US.
Can you build a successful scenic railroad along the pacifc coast as power
grids threaten to fail?
Meet the demands of a growing Seattle economy by tapping into the lush
furniture and cattle markets.
You've inherted an outdated rail system and need to make it profitable in the
new free market economy.
Make your mark by laying the foundation for the Trans-Siberian railway in early
Take control of the Southern Pacific railroad and complete its journey across
The First Republic has collapsed and now you are in charge of building a new
2) Eight new locomotives:
At the end of the Steam Era, engineer Andre Chapelon created the best steam
locomotive ever made pound for pound. The 242 A1 could handily pull loads at
tremendous speeds that locomotives 50% larger and heavier could barely reach.
Unfortunately, this all came at a time when diesel and electric locomotives
where providing cheaper and easier transportation.
Swiss made, the Class 460 is a modern day work horse in the Alps and can often
be seen hauling international loads over the Gotthard line. It's reliability
and unique engineering have also earned if favor with Scandinavian countries
and versions of this class boast being the most powerful eight-wheeled
locomotives in the world.
In 1922 The Great Northern Railway of Great Britain launched the first of a
it's line of "Pacific" class locomotives that would be the envy of Europe and
the world. The A1 and It's siblings would pull the renowned Flying Scotsman
train and be responsible for a number of world speed and time records.
Simple, robust and for it's time elegant. The P8 was the most widely used
locomotive on German railways in the early 1900's. At the end of World War I
it was used by the German government as reparation payments and in effect
spread the German locomotive throughout much of Europe.
The GP series locomotives from General Motors was the dominant force on North
American railroads in the 20th century. Noted for reliability, low maintenance
and quality the GP 35 was an exemplary representative of the illustrious "GP"
The QJ "Forward" was first built in China in 1956 and were still being built
through the 1980's. Due to the low cost of coal and labor in China, steam
engines remained in service much longer than in most parts of the world.
Reliable and powerful, the QJ remains a fine example of a "modern" steam
Designed for the Canadian National Railway, the U1 series proved to be
comfortable hauling express trains between Montreal and Toronto or mixed
service on the Grand Trunk. As an a attractive yet utilitarian engine, the U1
remained in service well into the 1950's.
This high-speed streamlined diesel-electric train wowed Americans in 1934 when
it cut the travel time between Denver and Chicago from 28 hours to just 13.
It's fancy streamline design and speed made it a show case for rail travel in
America in it's day.
3) Three new skinning tools. The TrainSkin, CompanyLogo, and PlayerPortrait
tools allows players to paint up their trains, design their own company logo,
or put themselves into the game as a competing tycoon.
4) The latest patch for the game. PopTop has been busy since RT3's release -
the latest 1.04 patch has a total of 108 new features, balance tweaks and bug
fixes since the original 1.00 release. (See below for a full list)
Version 1.04 Changes
4. Fixed issue with game speed getting stuck when using the +/- hotkeys.
5. Fixed an issue that could cause crashes, especially in modern-era games.
Single Player Bug Fixes
6. Fixed a bug that could prevent the game from launching successfully with
certain NVidia cards using the 5x series drivers.Fixed a couple more places
where it was possible to branch off the tutorial or otherwise take actions that
prevented completing the tutorial.
7. Fixed a bug whereby a liquidated company could still show up in the 'Attempt
Merger' list even after all of its assets had already been purchased.
8. Resolved a conflict between the 'Auto-Show Grades' option and the manual
hot-key to show track grades (SHIFT+G). Using one no longer overrides the
setting of the other.
9. Fixed an exploit where you could use the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys to
change the affected company when changing dividends, issuing stock, etc.
10. Resolved problem where merging with a company with many outstanding bonds
could cause some of those bonds to become un-repayable.
11. Recycling plants now properly produce up to 6 loads annually of recycled
goods (from 12 loads of waste), and can be profitable if well supplied.
Single Player Balance and Gameplay Tweaking
12. Placing stations and other buildings now causes much less disruption to the
height of the existing landscape and track. This should largely resolve the
steep drop-offs that a new station could occasionally cause to existing track.
13. Post-offices, restaurants and other non-station buildings can no longer be
placed on steep hillsides. This helps reduce terrain disruption (supplementing
the tweaks listed just above), and it makes it much harder to use post-offices
to carve out routes through the mountains.
14. Decreased the profit penalty for changing a train's destination while it's
Single Player New Features
15. Added better support for languages such as Chinese Polish, Hungarian, and
Russian, so that they can use the same patch and EXE versions as other
countries, without having any translated strings overwritten.
16. The night can now be made brighter than before - effectively the same
brightness for ground and objects as daytime. See the settings window, under
17. The 'ching' sound that plays when trains arrive at a station can now be
reduced or turned off completely. See the settings window, under
18. Fixed a bug in the display of events of temporary duration
19. Added the ability to change a scenario's briefing in the middle of the
scenario (useful if the scenario goals change). See the 'New Briefing Text'
effect in the event effect list.
Version 1.03 Changes
General: The 1.03 patch fixes bugs, adds a number of frequently requested
interface features, and also has two major gameplay balance adjustments.
First, the A.I. is now much stronger. Second, the amount of passengers and
mail produced late in games has been significantly reduced. The combination of
these two changes results in many scenarios being somewhat harder to win.
There are also a number of smaller game balance tweaks.
1. You can now bulldoze in multiplayer games.
2. Cleaned up some out-of-synch issues.
3. Connection error reporting is now much more robust - it'll be easier to tell
why you can't connect, if you're having problems.
Single Player Bug Fixes
4. Fixed a crash bug that could occur when cycling through stations in the
Consist window for trains that used waypoints.
5. Fixed a crash that could occur while bulldozing track.
6. Fixed a crash bug that could occur, rarely, when cycling through trains
using the next/previous buttons or the Page Up/Page Down keys.
7. Fixed a crash bug that could occur, very rarely, without direct player
interaction (due to routing issues)
8. Fixed a bug where playing in Windows XP Limited User Mode could cause
9. Fixed a track-laying problem with electric, double-track bridges (and
possibly others) that could cause crashes.
10. Fixed a ledger bug where using the industry list when you had a LOT of
industries could cause crashes.
11. Fixed a ledger bug where clicking on a player in the player list could call
up the wrong financial data for that player.
12. Fixed a problem with trains slowing down for no apparent reason, especially
at single track-double track junctions.
13. Fixed a problem that sometimes occurred where certain sections of track
would slow trains down considerably (note, trains still approach stations and
service towers slowly - that's intentional - this bug was different)
14. Fixed a bug where cities would be considered "Connected" when they only had
a service tower or maintenance shed.
Single Player Balance and Gameplay Tweaking
15. Reduced the amount of passengers and mail in the middle and later stages of
a game (i.e. when the map is built up with lots of track) by 15-30%.
16. Decreased the effects of a locomotive's Passenger Appeal rating from (worst
to best) -15%, 0, +15%, +30% to -10%, 0, +10%, +20%.
17. Increased the effect that track curves have on train speed, especially for
slower, earlier trains.
18. Decreased the momentum effect of trains, which means trains going uphill
will lose speed faster, and steeper grades will generally affect trains more.
19. Bumped up the rate at which express and freight cargo profits decrease
while on your trains by 15% and 10% respectively. This penalizes slow
deliveries more harshly than before.
20. To compensate for the above items which decrease revenue and/or train
performance in specific ways, increased the overall revenue from train hauling
21. Increased the cost of placing new factories (i.e. Steel Mill) by 10-15%.
Prices for purchasing existing factories are unchanged. This will increase the
incentive to purchase an existing, profitable building rather than always
placing your own.
22. Increased the cost of the Post Office from $25K to $40K.
23. Mines and farms will hold a bit larger quantities of the cargo they produce
in their 'home square', thus making it easier to capture it with a nearby
station before it moves away.
24. If two factories demand the same resource cargo, and one is slightly closer
to the source, it is now more likely that a small portion of resource cargo
will reach even the factory that is farther away.
25. AI is better able to declare bankruptcy when it's suitable.
26. AI can issue stock in its own company, as appropriate, when cash is
27. AI companies liquidate faster in hopeless situations.
28. AI companies expand a little more readily at the beginning of the game.
29. AI trains are managed a bit better with respect to oil, sand and water.
30. AI buys more trains at start when initial 2 stations are far apart.
31. AI starts better in Go West! and Orient Express scenarios (a couple of the
cities the AI normally uses in these scenarios were tweaked to be a bit
32. AI does a better job of upgrading to double track as needed.
33. AI will now build electric track in scenarios where all locomotives are
electric (i.e. stand-alone France)
Single Player New Features
34. You can now buy the assets (track and stations) of liquidated companies.
It works like attempting a merger with a non-liquidated company (uses the same
interface), but there is a fixed, discounted price for the assets, and no
shareholder vote is necessary.
35. Added 'Color Adjustment' option for color blind users to change the
red/yellow/green color scheme used for overlays (the option is in the settings
window, under 'Miscellaneous').
36. Added option to reduce or eliminate camera auto-centering when selecting
trains and stations (the option is in the settings window, under 'Camera
37. Added ability to insert stops anywhere in a train's route, by holding down
when clicking to add a stop.
38. Added support for double-byte versions of the game (i.e. Chinese,
39. Improved performance when many (100+) trains running on complex routing
networks. Performance improvement is about 15-25% in the most severe cases.
40. Station detail - cargo price display (upper right) - Foreign stations are
now shown dimmed so they're easier to distinguish. Also, fixed bug in sort
order for express cargo.
41. Changed the background color and some of the foreground colors in several
overview modes for greater visibility/clarity.
42. Chicago to New York Repositioned Louisville so it is south of the Ohio
river, as it should be.
43. France: Fixed French/German border for correct post-1945 positioning.
44. Germany: Fixed Austrian alliance event to properly give access rights to
45. Central Pacific (Campaign) : Removed ledger status information about track
built that had been displaying incorrectly.
46. Fixed Special Condition 'Disable Issuing and Buyback of stock' so that the
game correctly disables the buyback buttons when this condition is on.
47. Added Validation for Game Year/Month event condition to ensure that it is
not used for annual events.
48. You can now import heightmaps at sizes up to 1024 x 1024 (previous cap was
768 x 768 for square maps).
49. You can now remove access rights for a territory that a company already has
access to, by selecting that territory in the company detail panel, territories
tab, in the list box.
50. Fixed a bug when where adding a new event and then using the 'Move Up'
button could cause some of the event data and text to be overwritten.
Version 1.02 Changes
General: The 1.02 patch resolves a number of issues, especially in multi-player
(some out-of-synch and crashing issues), as well as assorted single player
issues (especially a crash-on-launch issue on certain Win 98 machines, and a
stability issue seen on a small minority of computers - issues 1 and 2 in the
Single Player/General section detailed below).
Note: Players with the 1.02 patch CAN NOT play Multiplayer games against
players with 1.00 or 1.01 versions of the game. The 1.02 patch greatly
improves multiplayer stability and reduces out-of-synch issues, so we strongly
encourage all multiplayer gamers to use this patch.
1. Fixed some general Out-of-synch issues that, in the older version, decreased
stability and caused other oddness (track not being in the same place on all
2. Fixed a bug where the game would crash if the chat window was opened when
another event window would appear.
3. Fixed some cases where a player's game could crash if the host kicked that
4. Added new connect message alerting the player if they try to join a game
that has already been started.
5. Fixed a bug where the game might crash if a player tried to join a game just
moments before the host started that game. In this situation the host might
timeout waiting for the player to respond appearing as if the game has hung.
6. Fixed a bug where hourglass mouse cursor would not appear when launching the
game from Gamespy Arcade.
7. Fixed a bug with certain Win 98 machines, where they would always lock-up on
launching the game, because they were unable to read the intro movie from the
CD - now that movie will not be shown if it failed the first time the game was
launched.. (Note, copying all the movies in the CD's \movies directory to the
\data\movies directory on your hard drive also resolves this, AND lets you see
the movies, too)
8. Frequent crashing work-around. A new option has been provided, for users
who can start the game, but experience frequent crashes, usually within 5-60
minutes of play or less. In the settings window, graphics tab, check off the
'Disable Hardware T & L' option. This should greatly improve stability on the
small minority of machines with serious stability issues. Try it if you're
crashing at very frequent intervals.
9. Fixed a bug when creating a company with no name would crash the game.
10. Fixed a lockup that could occur when bulldozing and replacing a bridge in
11. Fixed a couple places where it was possible to branch off the tutorial or
otherwise take actions that prevented completing the tutorial.
12. Fixed a crash that could occur on the setup screen if you went to 'New
Scenario', then 'Back', then into 'Load Scenario', without any scenarios
available to load.
13. Fixed a bug where the A.I. would sometimes lay incomplete routes to
14. Fixed a bug where re-routing a train back to the station it just came from
could be used as a hack to make undeserved profits.
15. Fixed a bug where incorrect amounts were being charged in some cases while
upgrading bridges and tunnels.
16. Fixed a bug on the station cargo to/from list, where sometimes the selected
station showed up in it's own list of possible cargo destinations.
17. Newspapers will no longer pop-up while you're in the middle of laying
18. Fixed a bug where creating wooden bridges (but not actually placing them)
in limited track scenarios would cause the track count to drop.
19. Bulldozed track now disappears from radar mini-map.
20. Fixed problem accessing Weblinks from within game using Netscape.
21. Fixed bug with 'Tree Density' slider in settings window not remembering
it's position correctly.
22. Fixed a bug where certain hotkey combinations would not be saved/reloaded
23. Toned down the wind ambient noise at high altitudes.
24. Improved performance of Ledger - Industries section when player owns many
First 3 maps are campaign maps, last 5 are stand-alone scenarios
Note: All these fixes are incorporated within the patched program file
(RT3.EXE) and applied to the maps when loaded - there's no need to download new
25. State of Germany: Fixed certain effects/bonuses that were reversed between
Hannover and Bavaria choices
26. Dutchlantis: Gold event will now fire off within one week of achieving it,
rather than at end of year only.
27. Britain: Connection condition will only trigger if your company achieves it
not if A.I. company achieves it.
28. Tex-Mex: Briefing in multiplayer listed incorrect scenario duration - the
scenario lasts 20 years in multiplayer.
29. New Beginnings: Win conditions will only trigger if your company achieves
them, not if A.I. company achieves them. Briefing clarifies that your company
(not an A.I. company) must connect cities.
30. Italy: You now continue to receive additional track allotments after the
scenario ends, if you keep playing.
31. Southeast US: Two rivers had been misnamed - fixed now.
32. Southeast Australia: Fixed Steam marketing event so it concludes
33. Fixed so it no longer crashes when loading very large heightmap TGAs.
34. Fixed so that when loading a map in editor mode, game year is automatically
set to year of scenario (useful for adding electric track to modern maps).
35. Added a 'Set Cash' option when viewing company detail screens in editor
mode, for easier setup of companies.
Version 1.01 Changes
1. Implemented full language support for German, French, Italian,
2 Trains no longer skip a scheduled stop if a water tower or maintenance
shed exists nearby.
3. Fixed bug where entering and exiting LAN or GAME LOBBY setup screens
multiple times might lead to the game crashing.
4. Fixed bug where entering and exiting LAN or GAME LOBBY setup screens would
cause the current game map not to show up in the text box provided.
5. Fixed bug where a player would not be charged for upgrading normal track
6. Fixed bug where foreign language versions could not change game maps once
other players had joined the hosted game.
|File Name: rt3_105_eng.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 2.13 MB||Files Added: 11,378|
|Downloads: 5,382 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,858,082 (32,177 last week)|
|Posted: 17.12.2003||Supporters: n/a|