Patch: Patch 1.081 Beta
The patch brings stock car racing to the driving simulator, as well as wide range of fixes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- rFactor by Image Space - retail v1.081 beta patch
Introducing a preview of the all new National Stock Car Racing Series (NSCRS).
Get ready for the latest addition to the rFactor Racing Simulation - the National Stock Car Racing Series (NSCRS). A beta version of this racing series is now available. It includes a new stock car model and a super speedway test track. Our goal is to create the finest bumper to bumper online racing available.
- After downloading this file, place it in the root directory of any official rFactor version; 1020, 1040, 1070 and run it. You may want to make a backup of your existing rFactor folder first.
We are making available this beta release of rFactor for the purpose of testing the NSCRS rules. Many options are configurable through the Series Rules File (.rFm) or on a per-track basis. Some can be overridden through the player file. See the rFactor\rFm\NSCRS.rFm file for some details.
Send any feedback to stockcar@rFactor.net, and please limit comments to racing and multiplayer rules (graphics, sounds, AI, and user interface will be addressed later).
Special thanks to members of The US Pits for invaluable assistance on this effort.
Some of the features already incorporated are:
- Private Qualifying (simultaneous but independent qualifying)
- Various yellow flag rules, including how many laps, whether the pits close, when the pits open and to whom, whether the track order is frozen when the full-course yellow is thrown, lucky dog rule, double file restarts, whether caution laps count toward the total, and whether races can finish under caution.
- Covered car rules, where setup changes are limited between qualifying and race.
- Drive-thru and longest line penalties have been added to stop/go's. Some penalty rules are configurable.
- Pit menu configurable on a per-vehicle basis (left/right tire changes, tire pressures, wedge, track bar, spring rubbers, and more).
Partial to do list:
- Make it configurable whether you can pass before the s/f line on the green (currently you're not allowed to at all, not even on the outside at ovals).
- Hold cars at pit exit while the train is going by.
- Better choices for whether full-course yellows are called (ranging from very sensitive if somebody gets sideways, to never). The current player file option really only calls a full-course yellow if somebody is stopped on track.
- Collision bumping penalty rules. These rules can be used to develop a program for reducing dangerous bump drafting behavior.
- Better info display (whether pits are open, whether a longest line penalty is being applied by the server, etc.).
- Forced upgrades on a per-track basis, based on the vehicle.
- More complex drafting.
- Other types of rules (driver swapping, more damage fixing options, etc.).
|File Name: rfactorupdate1081beta.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 63.22 MB||Files Added: 9,387|
|Downloads: 419 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,183,644 (85,205 last week)|
|Posted: 19.02.2006||Supporters: n/a|