Mod: Hardcored EB mod 'Imperial Edition' 1.15
This mod from khukkl makes changes to increase battle size and difficulty of the Europa Barbarorum mod. See File Details for specific changes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- < EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition 1.15 >
1. Introduction to the Edition - EB 'Roma1_Imperial'
This edition is made for the purpose of ultimate huge battle on EB mod of RTW.
Optimized to huge unit size gameplays, quite characteristic with low upkeep cost of unit
and high increasing rate of the population in comparison to original EB mod.
Extremely hardcored EB mod, the difficulty of evrey faction is boosted up immensely,
not because of the money problem but the strength of enemy armies nearby Player's factions.
- Doubled money assistance to AI factions, highly incresed number of enemy armies nearby factions.
- Half cost of unit upkeeps & weapon/armour upgrade! More than twice soldiers are available on strategy map.
- 50% increased recruitment cost of all units to boost up the difficulty.
- All nearby coasts of lands/islands are connected to each other with land-bridges
because AI factions cannot use fleets well for disembarkation of units.
Now, there is no more safe island form aggresive AI conquerers.
- Resonably modified stat and cost of specific units, including cavalry, slinger, archer, etc.
- Enhenced cavarly stat altogether, but the cost of cavalry is reduced.
On the other hand, the effectiveness of spearmen is incereased adequately according to the reality.
- Cost and time of construction is adjusted on all aspects.
- Base farming level is increased, hence higher incresing rate of population and agricultural income.
For that reason, population bonus to AI factions is reduced by half.
- Agent are recruitable with no time-limitation. Multiple agents are available at one time.
- Construction cost of fort = 2400, watching tower = 1200 to prevent abuse of these constructures.
- Modified sonud file to add original RTW music on EB sound track for diversification.
- Increased handycap when chariot attacks cavalry. Incresed defence of chariot.
(To make chariots effective to infantry, not to cavalry.)
- Higher barracks produce more experienced units. level3=exp1, level4=exp2, level5=exp3
This system allows AI factions have more experienced units faster than palyer's altogether.
- Every archers/slingers' attack is reduced by 1.
- Reinforced smith bonus. level1=weapon1/armor1(copper), level2=weapon2/armor2(silver),
level3=weapon3/armor3(gold), except all missile weapon (bow & sling)
- No limitation of government style with constructing of colony category buildings,
Increased rate of 'populate-reduction' ability.
- The condition of 'Roman army reform' is lightened to establish strong roman army faster.
- The skeleton & skin of 'post marius roman legionary' is changed to 'original early legionary's,
because it caused some disharmony with other skeletons/skins of EB mod.
Now, it becomes much better than before.
- Sprites of some units are replaced as other's to fix flickering problem.
2. How to install
1) Replace all data files in EB folder with attached 'Data' folder in 'Imperial' edition.
2) Use "Original sound extractor" to extract RTW musics in RTW/DATA/Sound folder.
3) Copy all original RTW musics(mp3) on EB/DATA/sound/music folder.
4) Attached preferance is my favorate setting. Recommended to users with good PC.
Another recommendation about original sea taxture...
<< Important modding history according to versions >>
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.03 >
- Extended land-bridges, achieved low possiblity of CTD with safely modified strategy map.
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.04 >
- Modified(reduced) dispersion degree of some units to prevent odd actions in street fighting.
The problem was especially concerned with huge unit size game.
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.05 >
- Reduced construction cost/income with mine structures.
- Modified stat of slingers, archers on the concopt of range & amunition.
(Slightly 'leveled off' because slingers were too effective than archers.)
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.10 >
- Incresed hostility to factions with high contact.
That increase the possiblity of war among the factions.
- Increased number of soldiers in cavalry (inclding general cavalry),
from 100 to 120 on huge size. (from 40 to 60 in general cavalry)
This is essential for the safety of AI general, whose problem is lack of control.
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.11 >
- Enhanced attack of all cavalry (+3 with ap, +5 with normal, except missiles)
- Reduced charge attack(2/3 of original EB), enhanced defence skill(+2) of all cavalry.
(Those concept was issued on the consideration of AI cavalry, whose problem is lack of control.)
- Give attack bonus to spearmen against to cavalry (+1 or 2 according to spearmenship..)
- Recovered phalanx ability of some units who had that ability on EB v1.0 but removed on v1.1.
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.13 >
- Reduced recruit-costs of all cavalry units on the concept of cost-effectiveness.
original cost X ~ 1500 --> -200
original cost 1501 ~ 1750 --> -250
original cost 1751 ~ 2000 --> -300
original cost 2001 ~ 2250 --> -350
original cost 2251 ~ 2500 --> -400
original cost 2501 ~ 2750 --> -450
original cost 2751 ~ Y --> -500
(except general cavalry units)
- Reduced attack of phalanx unit, add bonus +2 to cavalry, elephant, chariot.
(usually phalanx units are to powerful even to infantry,
compared to non-phalanx unit of simmilar level)
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.14 >
- Micro modified building construction cost/time based on multiplied number of upgrade cost.
It needed some resonable change according to cost-effectiveness of each buildings or system.
< EB 'Roma1_Imperial' Edition v1.15 >
Base cost - time of construction
* cost - time
1200 - 1
1800 - 2
2400 - 2
3600 - 3
4800 - 4
7200 - 5
9600 - 6
19200 - 8
* Barrack upgrade
1800 - 2
3600 - 3
7200 - 5 --> unit exp1
14400 - 7 --> unit exp2
19200 - 8 --> unit exp3
|File Name: Hardcored_EB_mod_Imperial_Edition_v1.15.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1.91 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 568 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,353,787 (41,954 last week)|
|Posted: 19.08.2008||Supporters: n/a|