Patch: Patch 1.3
The patch improves campaign and battle maps, brings various balances and adds compatibility with Barbarian Invasion expansion.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
This document is designed to give the reader a brief overview of the changes
that have taken place in patch 1.3 which will affect the game.
Refer to this document if you encounter difficulties with one or more aspects
of installation or running the Rome: Total War™ game. Many of the most commonly
encountered issues are covered here.
INSTALLATION & SET UP ISSUES
Minimum System Requirements
These have not changed from the original version of the game.
You are unable to just uninstall the Patch. If you want to go back to where
you were before you will have to uninstall the entire game and then install the
game from scratch.
There are a number of improvements that have been made to the Balancing of the
game, which will change the way that the game is played.
* Spear bonuses against cavalry have been increased (they were previously hard
coded and are now moddable, in addition to mount_effect)
* Braced spearmen (standing ready) now reflect part of any attacking cavalry’s
charge bonus back on the horse
* Adjusted most units’ charge bonuses to improve play balance (especially for
cavalry) in response to charge code changes (which fixed an issue for higher
* Reduced archery attack for some elite units
* Reduced secondary non-phalanx attack for stronger phalanx units
* Adjusted incorrect shield attribute for several units (to reflect models)
* Fixed Egyptian desert axemen armour
* Fixed bug for early and late Thracian and Scythian generals
* Reduced archer attack from chariots and elephants, and reduced dog attack
We fixed a number of different bugs and associated issues for the patch, below
you will see some of the headline fixes.
There have been numerous fixes to the Campaign Map. There are a few highlights
* The Load Save bug has been addressed
* The speed on the campaign map has been improved
* Improvements to the Campaign map AI
* Better mix of rebelling units, including mercenary units and fewer peasants
* Fewer brigands, more pirates and the ability to mod the rate that these
* Fixed issues with the faction graphs where a dead faction was still receiving
As with the campaign map there have been numerous little fixes. A few
* Improvements to the battle AI
* Pre-battle speeches for the Roman factions now include sections on previous
meetings with that faction
This will enable users to play Multiplayer against other players who have
upgraded their version of Rome with a Barbarian Invasion Install.
|File Name: rome_totalwar_patch_1-3.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 101.59 MB||Files Added: 10,611|
|Downloads: 129,617 (303 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,061,855 (60,592 last week)|
|Posted: 14.10.2005||Supporters: n/a|