Mod: The Fourth Age - Forth Eorlingas 1.5 Base
The Fourth Age - Forth Eorlingas 1.5 Base mod.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- ‘The Fourth Age: Total War – Forth Eorlingas’ is a modification for ‘Rome: Total War – Barbarian Invasion’ (v1.6). It is an expansion of the tremendously successful ‘The Fourth Age: Total War – Corsair Invasion’, which was given coverage in the PCGamer & PC Action magazines, and Mod of the Week on www.krawall.de; it was also voted Best Barbarian Invasion/Alexander mod by the users of Total War fansite www.totalwar.org. ‘Corsair Invasion’ has, since its release at the beginning of November ’06, been downloaded by well over 20,000 people.
Our aim with FA:TW is to accurately portray the lands and peoples of Middle-earth as we think they existed approximately two centuries into the Fourth Age. ‘Forth Eorlingas’ is a provincial campaign encompassing a little less than half of the full campaign map, in which players can choose to play the Kingdom of Rohan, the Chiefdom of Dunland, the Reunited Kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor, the Chiefdom of Rhûn, or the Empire of Harad.
The Reunited Kingdom is surrounded by enemies, and even the relationship with their allies, the Rohirrim, is strained – they stand alone against the coming onslaught. In the East the Easterlings have settled the areas around the Sea of Rhûn; but their warriors are restless, desiring the plunder of the fertile lands to the West. The hosts of the Empire of Harad have their sights set on the White City and the southern fiefs of Gondor, and the black-sailed ships of the Corsairs rule the seas. In the northwest the Dunlendings are on the move, finally seeing the day of their revenge approaching, the day when they will take their homeland back from the Rohirrim, the Robbers of the North! And the Men of the Riddermark are mustering their éoreds, and the war-horns of the Mark will once again be sounded in every corner of Middle-earth. Forth Eorlingas!
(NOTE: If you have CI installed already please download & install the patch 1.5 instead)
Forth Eorlingas has been designed to install seamlessly with a minimum of input from those who download it. Indeed, all you will need to do is the following:
1. Make sure you have a clean (unmodded) copy of RTW BI on your PC. Because FE functions entirely from within its own modfolder it will not affect other modfolder mods you may have associated with your RTW/BI. However, mods that are installed directly into RTW or BI will very likely cause FE not to function.
2. Make sure your copy of RTW BI is patched to 1.6. This patch can be downloaded from the SEGA site (http://www.sega.com/support/support.php?item=support_patches). There is no need to install previous patches first.
3. When you have downloaded fatw_fe.exe, click on the file to run it. You will be taken through some simple steps most of which are just for your information - it is important that you make sure the install path is correct as it could result in messing up your files and having to reinstall RTW BI from scratch. You will be given the option to change this during this install process.
4. The extraction of FE to your PC takes about 3 minutes (depending upon your computer speed). After you exit the installer the mod will prepare your files for play. This will take about 12 minutes (again depending upon your PC speed). During this time you may see a system window open up and show files being moved, copied etc. Don't worry about this, just read a chapter of the Hobbit or something while you wait
5. When the system window has closed and your PC stops making a noise (!) then you will need to install the very small fix patch (FE Patch 1.6).
|File Name: fatw_fe.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 172.48 MB||Files Added: 9,663|
|Downloads: 876 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,448,850 (74,155 last week)|
|Posted: 27.02.2007||Supporters: n/a|