Sid Meier's Pirates! Hints, Tips
- Easy Specialists
- NOTE: As their name suggests hints are not exactly like cheats, and are usually just simple (but very useful) tips on how you can unlock secret level, features, find hidden areas and such. Hopefully these will make playing Sid Meier's Pirates! even more entertaining.
Attacking and boarding a smuggler's vessel usually yields a specialist (for example, Carpenter, Sailmaker, etc.)
- Easy dance sequences
- Press [Puase/Break] when your dance partner gives you a hand signal for you to move. Then, quickly resume the game and press the correct direction key.
- Ship of The Line (Frigate class)
- Relentlessly attack shipping of the English, French, or Dutch, keep watch for a "New Warship" Ship of The Line sailing about
- Brig of War (Brig class)
- Often seen as Military Payroll carriers, or Troop Transports, attack as normal, beware of large amounts of enemy crew
- Royal Sloop (Sloop class)
- Often seen as a Pirate Hunter out of Spanish ports, attack shipping around a Spanish port and one may come out to attack you
- Mail Runner (Pinnace class)
- Offer to escort a war declaration or peace offering from a colony, and then attack the courier once out of port