Patch: Patch 1.3
A patch updating Silent Hunter 4 to v1.3. It brings many improvements and some bug fixes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- SILENT HUNTER 4
WOLVES OF THE PACIFIC
» ReadMe «
1.1. GENERAL DISCLAIMER
This version of SILENT HUNTER 4 – WOLVES OF THE PACIFIC PATCH 1.3 is a final product.
Note: The version is NOT protected with SECUROM Security.
If you have any questions please contact:
1.3. WHAT YOU GET
An encrypted archive file with all game data.
This ReadMe document where you find all important information regarding the version.
1.4. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
This version requires:
2 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon, or equivalent
1024 MB RAM
128MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with Pixel Shader 2.0 capability
DirectX 9.0C compatible sound device
DVD-ROM 4x or faster
6.0 GB hard drive space
Windows-compatible mouse required
Internet connection for play on Ubi.com (minimum 56k modem or broadband)
Please make sure that you are installing the right patch for your game version.
This patch can be applied on Silent Hunter 4 Original Version, on Patch 1.1 or on Patch 1.2.
This patch will upgrade your version of Silent Hunter 4 to Silent Hunter 4 Patch 1.3.
1. Before installing Silent Hunter 4 - Wolves of the Pacific Patch 1.3 please close all other programs.
2. Run patch installation file.
3. Follow the instructions.
Upon installation you can run the game either from windows start menu ('Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'Ubisoft' -> 'Silent Hunter 4 - Wolves of the Pacific' -> or use 'sh4.exe' file from the game installation directory (By default, the game will be installed into "C:Program FilesUbisoftSilent Hunter 4").
Note 1: The save games and replays that were made with the original version of Silent Hunter 4 or with Silent Hunter 4 patch 1.1 or 1.2 will be incompatible with the new patch version.
Note 2: In Base autosaving are compatible between original version, Patch 1.1, Patch 1.2 and Patch 1.3.
Note 3: Multiplayer (LAN or Online) connection between the original version of Silent Hunter 4, any of the previous patches and the new patch version is not possible.
3. CHANGES IN PATCH 1.3
HARD DRIVE SPACE
Windows will require additional free hard drive space for its operating system (virtual memory). If you encounter the following message in an error dialog: "Ran out of virtual memory", free up some more hard drive space.
To install Silent Hunter 4 - Wolves of the Pacific - Patch V 1.3 you will need approximately 350 MB free hard disk space for the full patch.
The most notable changes are:
3.1. GAMEPLAY CHANGES
1. All Sensors have been tuned for a more realistic performance
2. All ship gunners now improve the precision of their shooting in time
3. Small, irrelevant, units don't show up on the map or clutter the sensors
4. The radar and hydrophone won't detect units that don't have a signature of that kind (sampans, rowboats, etc)
5. New orders received by the player are presented through a radio message pop-up.
3.2. NEW FEATURES
1. Radar and Sonar interfaces and functionality have been improved. Now buttons move when clicked and the scroll wheel can be used to train the sensor in the desired direction. Additionally, one can directly click on the bearing indicator, respectively PPI screen, to obtain the same effect.
2. Friendly pilots shot down will pop up red smoke to signal their position to the player
3. Improved orders panel
4. Colorado class battleships have been added to the game
5. The player can now request a speed estimate on a target as long as he has recently sent at least two range and bearing data sets. Keep in mind that the estimate needs to be sent to the TDC to be taken into account for the shot.
6. The recognition manual now remembers the last page it was opened at, and will default to the Japanese roster
3.3. BUG FIXES
1. Solved a bug that lead to target range estimation errors when playing in Imperial measurement system
2. Corrected the wrong orientation of sounds in the submarine interior
3. The radar now detects targets to the north, south and generally any other direction, according to the historical performance, of course.
5. Solved a few bugs related to the AI Group commander
6. Various ships have had firing arcs limitations corrected
7. Various ships have had engine HP values corrected, thanks to some great research by Nematode!
8. Some problems with the sound engine have been solved
9. Various user interface enhancements / bugfixes.
10. Parachutes animations run correctly now.
11. Torpedoes fired by the player now show up on the map even after crossing the International Date change Line
12. All menus display correctly on widescreen resolutions
13. Periscope zoom has been set to the historical value.
14. Submarine's batteries no longer recharge when no fuel is available.
15. All ship dimensions are now correct and will no longer lead to targeting errors. Keep in mind that torpedoes may still run too deep, as it is correct historically.
16. Clemson class destroyers are no longer crewed by Japanese sailors
17. AI units will now take notice of nearby ships being destroyed even when there is not a trace of the attacker
|File Name: silenthunter4patch_13.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 210.23 MB||Files Added: 11,451|
|Downloads: 4,609 (5 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,989,753 (28,854 last week)|
|Posted: 13.07.2007||Supporters: n/a|