Mod: RCOM (Realistic Combat Overhaul Mod) 1.0.3 (Beta)
In RCOM, I have completely reworked the way the the AI behaves to accommodate for the more realistic weapon parameters. The AI have been tuned in so many aspects that it would be excessive to list all of the changes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- WHAT MAKES THIS MOD DIFFERENT THAN OTHERS LIKE IT?
- Most realistic ballistic mods for STALKER do very similar things to the gun and ammo's attributes as I do, so you're probably wondering why this mod is necessary. In RCOM, I have completely reworked the way the the AI behaves to accommodate for the more realistic weapon parameters. The AI have been tuned in so many aspects that it would be excessive to list all of the changes.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN NOTABLE FEATURES?
- Guns share they same data as their real life counterparts.
- Iron sights don't zoom near as far, and the amount of zoom depends of the weapon type. Pistols and shotguns barely zoom, sub machine guns do a bit more than pistols/shotguns, carbines a bit more than sub machine guns, and assault rifles a bit more than carbines.
- Bullet types behave according to their real life counter parts (eg: An armor piercing round will penetrate armor better, but a standard round will do more damage to an un-armored target).
- Damage done is more dependent on hit location. Limb shots will wound usually instead of kill, chest shots will hit hard and leave you staggering if you survive, and headshots will kill.
- AI can engage in battle at much longer distances.
- Stealth is easier, but once you're spotted the AI doesn't just stare at you like in Vanilla often times.
- Monsters have been made harder to kill, since the guns are now more powerful.
- Artifact guns that can be purchased from Nimble, because they are the epitome of bad ass.
- Balanced the amount of damage the enemies take versus the player; it is a VERY even playing field now.
- AI don't always die instantly when you put them down. Most the time they bleed out while moaning on the ground, and you can execute them if you want to. Sometimes they can gather the strength to get back up after awhile and live, but not usually.
- Gnome's scopes are included.
- Field of View is back to what it was for the last two STALKER games.
- TONS of small damage, AI, actor/player tweaks too numerous to mention, and probably some things I'm forgetting.
WHAT ARE THEY PLANS FOR THE NEXT VERSION(S)?
- All weapons will be upgradeable, but since they already are good weapons with realistic stats, they will give "give and take" modifications (eg: gun has higher ROF, but jams easier).
- Reintroduction of both actor and AI dropping weapons on hard hits.
- Darius6's sound overhaul included, makes a HUGE difference. Not only does it sound way better, but there are many fixes to AI detection at long ranges.
- AI will have different AI behavior depending on their experience in the zone, and what faction they are a part of (eg: military will be well trained and good shots, stalkers and bandits will be more likely to run away from combat, ect).
- Balanced ammo drops, to make up for the fact that you don't use near as much ammo now that the guns kill quicker.
- Possible inclusion of A.T.M.O.S.P.H.E.R.E. mod and optional Green Zone or Winter mod
- Included Rulix's AI mod, which allows the AI to rifle butt, use grenade launchers, use med-kits, hold fire when a friendly is in the way, and use scopes and gain longer view distance from them.
- Ceano's reduced HUD. It will be like in hardcore modes of games where you only see the essential information, and have now magic bullet counters, AI awareness meters, or mini-maps with enemies marked on it!
- Things keep progressing into a mega-mod, so maybe I'll just roll with it :)
- Med kits take longer to restore health and stop bleeding, as does food.
|File Name: Realistic_Combat_Overhaul_Beta_v1.0.3.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 5.76 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 4,975 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,367,112 (39,029 last week)|
|Posted: 07.04.2010||Supporters: n/a|