Mod: The Vehement Zone Mod 1.0
This mod by Blackheim does several things to make the game a little more difficult. Enemies are less predictable, ammo and supplies are rarer gunfights are more difficult and weapons and ammo do more damage.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: Blackheim
The Vehement Zone Mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky
About the mod -
The main aim of this mod is to reintroduce the survival feel that was
missing by making enemy and mutant activities less predictible, ammo
and supplies more scarce and to introduce the need for a tactical approach
to the game. Gunfights are harder now which require you to think and scout
ahead. Weapons and ammo are more effective, especially shotguns. All
these changes were made keeping balance im mind rather than realism and
stay close to GSC ideas, in other words, none of these changes are that
drastic so as to break game balance. Be warned, this mod makes the game a
little harder but not impossible. Best played on Veteren difficulty.
* Reduced ammo and supplies dropped by NPCs
* Reduced supplies spawned in camps
* Tweaked the cost of stash locations depending on their contents
* Changed max carry weight to 40/50
* Improved stealth. Sneaking around at night is a lot easier as long as
you stay away from falshlights
* Bartenders buy food and booze for half their price
* Rebalanced weapon and ammunition stats (more info further down)
* More powerful grenades
* Increased range of all weapons
* Enemy and neutral NPCs can no longer be seen on the PDA map, mutants
cannot be seen on either the PDA map or the minimap
* Increased the delay between NPC respawns
* Eliminated "hit probability"
* Reduced the crosshair to a dot
* No more grenade spams (Thanks to Neod)
* Real Weapon Names Mod (Thanks to Clay65)
* Monster Hunter Mod (Thanks to Ceano)
* Better weapon sounds (Thanks to JoshuaC1)
Weapons and ammunition -
Tweaked weapons to be less similar to each other. I found that in the
unmodded game, all weapons were very similar to each other with the
only differences being ammo used and cost which didn't make much sense.
Now all weapons have distinct stats and assault rifles generally do more
damage than pistols. Another issue I found was with ammunition, many
standard rounds and their armor piercing counterparts had the exact
same stats which made AP rounds redundant. Now all types of ammo have
different stats with standard rounds having lesser penetrating power
and AP rounds have a higher penetrating power at the cost of slightly
lower stopping power. Sniper rounds have increased range and accuracy.
Copy the "gamedata" folder in this archive into you Clear Sky main folder.
New game not required.
Teasted and working without any issues with Clear Sky version 1.5.04.
|File Name: scstvz_v1.0.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 871 KB||Files Added: 11,489|
|Downloads: 125 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 19,089,901 (27,324 last week)|
|Posted: 26.09.2008||Supporters: n/a|