Mod: Reality Enhancement Beta 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: All Downloads (659) Patches (11) | Mods (642) | Movies (4) | Others (1)
This mod makes the game more realistic in terms of weapon damage, jamming and projectile velocity.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Reality Enhancement Mod Beta 2 by Solecist
THIS IS STILL A BETA. Some of these changes are still largely untested. Please report any bugs you happen upon!
THIS MOD IS ONLY SUPPORTED FOR PATCH 1.0001, IT MAY WORK ON VERSION 1, I DO NOT KNOW.
Unzip to C rogram FilesTHQS.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl, then open fsgame.ltx and change the second line to match this:
$game_data$ = false| false| $fs_root$| gamedata
I HIGHLY recommend turning the crosshairs OFF in your options.
Changes from beta 1:
- Completely compatible (to my knowledge) with patch 1.0001.
- New silenced sounds.
- Damagearmor multipliers changed slightly.
- Player made a little tougher. Player/npc wound areas heavily modified from original.
- Weapon damages balanced.
- Weapon bullet velocities balanced.
- Weapon accuracy balanced.
- Blast radius raised and fragments thrown doubled for all grenades.
- Tracer rounds are now green, in true Russian form (or at least that's how it used to be - tell me if this is incorrect by today's standards)
- AP ammunition now has tracer variations available.
- More random npcs will use tracer ammo.
- AI wounded animations should occur more often when the AI is shot.
- Quest rewards have been lowered even further.
- All non-AP rounds have been given slight penetration, depending on the caliber.
- Kyodon's real weapon names has been integrated. As I had to edit the same file he has, I figured this would
be best, since just about everyone will be using a similar mod anyway.
- Monster attack power has been increased to offset the weapon damage changes.
- AK now jams much less.
- Shotgun spread decreased for all shotguns.
- Stalkers pay much better prices than traders for artifacts and other misc. items.
- Stealth should be a little bit easier thanks to some tips learned from SH's detection mod.
- Artifacts do not drop as often off of the dead.
WHAT IT DOES:
This mod drastically changes STALKER gameplay style. The modifications are as follows:
- All gun sounds have been changed to higher quality, more realistic variations.
- All bullet hit and whiz-by sounds have been changed.
- Damage multipliers have been increased. Head/body shots are twice as deadly, while certain limb shots have been lowered slightly.
- Multipliers for armor have also been tweaked to more realistic settings. Later stage armors have good chest protection, while exo suits
protect the chest, upper arms and thigh areas.
- Damage for all weapons has been increased. Weapons of like ammo now have similar damages.
- Bullet speed has been lowered or balanced for all weapons. I calculated the speed by taking the real-world muzzle velocities of each caliber and dividing
it by two. This provides for a more satisfying combat experience, as I felt the original bullet speeds were too fast for the player to ever
have to account for bullet drop, even in the longer ranged battles (excluding the vintar, which has had its speed boosted slightly)
- Tracers have been removed from all normal ammo types. A tracer version of all ammo types is now available from traders and
can be found on the dead. AI group leaders and some snipers will use tracer ammo in combat.
- Bullet kills will no longer cause corpse ragdoll to fly backwards. The dead will now slump over realistically when shot.
- Bandages no longer heal. They will now only stop bleeding.
- First aid kits will no longer stop bleeding.
- The amount of money received for sold merchandise and for quests has been DRASTICALLY lowered.
- Costs for everything have been almost doubled. This includes ammo, weapons, armor, misc. items...everything.
Money is much harder to come by.
- Traders sell ALL ammo types - some harder to find than others. They also sell many more weapons than before, however
with the money changes these should not be easily affordable.
- Many more small changes that I can't think of at the moment!
NEAR NEXT VERSION:
I'm hoping that I can make artifacts more rare, but I have seen no way to do this yet.I will also edit their stats heavily.
Anomalies will either be made invisible or the beeping will be removed.
More realistic weapon recoil. This desperately needs to be changed for some guns.
A more real-world balance on weapon prices.
I hope to fix a sound bug, where 3rd person sounds play much less loudly than they did with the originals. if you know
why this might be happening with the OGG sound format, let me know. I get an error in the console that says "invlaid ogg-comment"
This error does not cause any other issue and only appears in the console upon loading.
Please be aware that this is still a beta because it has not been tested extensively. Please report any bugs or anything that
you find to be too unbalancing. Thanks!
If your game crashes while using my mod with version 1.0001, please check your crash log, which is usually available here:
C ocuments and SettingsAll Users.WINDOWSDocumentsSTALKER-SHOClogsxray_administrator.log
Post on the GSC board first, but if that doesn't work:
|File Name: realityenhancementbeta2.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1.75 MB||Files Added: 9,406|
|Downloads: 436 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,193,798 (72,272 last week)|
|Posted: 03.04.2007||Supporters: n/a|