Mod: Stalker Faiakes Mod 1.3
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: All Downloads (659) Patches (11) | Mods (642) | Movies (4) | Others (1)
Another awesome mod compilation from Faiakes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Stalker_Faiakes Mod v1.3
--- Description ---
Finding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. too frustrating and slow? This mod is meant to bring the game closer to the FPS genre than the RPG one.
This mod is meant for Veteran and Master level, otherwise it'll make the game too easy.
--- Major features ---
- Buy almost EVERYTHING from any trader.
- Have non-degrading Armor and Weapons.
- Have reliable (non-misfiring) weapons.
- Have all MP5s fitting in your small weapon slot.
- Have side-quests without a time limit.
- Be able to carry more (300kg instead of 50kg).
- More gruesome blood effects.
- Add scopes, silencers, and grenade launchers to more weapons.
- Better english text dialogues and descriptions.
- Better looking skins for weapons.
- Accurate weapon stats.
--- Change Log ---
1.2 -> 1.3
- Added Josh's (YourMessageHere) STALKER Realistic-looking Weapon Pack, without the text modifications (mix & match)
- Added Balnazzar's Retexture Mod v1.0 (mix & match)
- Added in weapons' description the precise figures for: Range, Accuracy, Rounds per second, Mag size
- FT 200M had its accuracy increased to match the GP 37
- FT 200M had its fire distance increased to match the GP 37
- FT 200M had its fire rate slighty increased
- FT 200M had its zoom increased by ~75%
- FT 200M had its price increased to 38000
- Gauss riffle had its fire rate increased by 50% (takes 1.5sec per shot instead of 2sec)
- Gauss riffle had its zoom increased by 33%
- Gauss riffle had its price increased to 28000
- Added gameplay advice to the guide
- Added the ReadMe files of all the mods I use in mine
- Corrected 1.1 -> 1.2 log: Noiseless Viper had its accuracy increased by 33% not 20%
1.1 -> 1.2
- Added tharawdeal's Raw's Revamp Mod v1.1, improving the English text.
- Addded Swifty Magee's Additional Add-ons v1.0 mod.
- Added AntiWiggin's Tweaked Blood V1.3 mod.
- Noiseless Viper (mp5) can now use both 9x18 + 9x19 bullets.
- Noiseless Viper (mp5) can now fit in small weapon slot.
- Noiseless Viper has an ammo mag of 40 now.
- Noiseless Viper has increased accuracy by 33%.
- Noiseless Viper now costs 3200, to balance it out and because the trader mod makes it too easy to have unique items.
- Viper 5 has increased accuracy by 20%.
- Viper 5 now costs 2600, to balance it out and because the trader mod makes it too easy to have unique items.
- Gauss rifle does not prevent you from sprinting (I never got that. It's neither too big nor too heavy).
- FT 200M has an ammo mag of 40 now.
- Reduced carry load to 300Kg, as many people found it ridiculous (have added a guide below, though, on how to change it to whatever you want).
- Added/improved the description of all 3 mp5 weapons (and will continue in next version for all weapons).
1.0 -> 1.1
- Replaced gullgotha's NoDegradeArmor mod, which wasn't working properly with
PiIsARational's Armor Decay Mod v.01, which works perfectly.
--- Installation ---
Extract and place the gamedata folder to (usually):
...\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl
If you already have an MP5 in your inventory, you may lose it. Sell it/save
it somewhere first before using this mod.
--- Credits ---
gullgotha for: No1DegradeUniqueWeapons Mod Version v1.0
gullgotha for: NoDegradeNormalWeapons Mod Version v1.0
gullgotha for: Endurance Mod Version v1.1
PiIsARational for: No time limit on quests Mod v0.01
PiIsARational for: Armor Decay Mod v.01
Lokbomb for: MP5 submachine gun slot1 mod
Balnazzar for: Trader Mod v1.1
Balnazzar for: Retexture Mod v1.0
tharawdeal for: Raw's Revamp Mod v1.1
AntiWiggin's for: Tweaked Blood v1.3 mod
Swifty Magee for: Additional Add-ons Mod v1.0
YourMessageHere for: STALKER Realistic-looking Weapon Pack
All changes, beyond what the credited mods originally offer, are mine.
All changes, not credited to a specific modder, are mine.
--- Guidance ---
--Weapons and Armour--
1. Save your money and make the first thing you buy the Noiseless Viper (or at least the Viper 5 9x18). Then start saving for a proper assault rifle.
2. Beware. All mp5s are useless for long distance shooting. Don't waste your ammo. Their firing range is only 200m. Either get close or get away.
2. Don't buy absolutely anything (other than bullets, should you need to) until you can afford the FT 200M. Once you have it, use it as a sniper rifle (single shots) mostly, as you won't be able to afford loads of bullets just yet (nor need to use it for close combat for the time being).
3. Use the Noiseless Viper or the Viper 5 9x18 for close combat for as long as you can get away with it (eventually enemies will be strong for it).
4. After getting the FT 200M start saving for armour. Don't bother waste your money on anything but: the SEVA suit (your first armour purchase) and the Exoskeleton PNB-4UZ (your second armour purchase). You'll find yourself using the SEVA suit most of the time and the Exoskeleton on few occassions of close combat with heavily armed and armoured enemies.
5. Once you have these and before venturing into the Red Forest you have to make yout final purchase, which is the Gauss riffle. Don't bother buying more than 50 rounds, unless you like using it. The FT 200M will suffice for most situations.
1. Unless you're desperate for bullets never completely sell certain artefacts. Keep at least one of a kind as side-quests tend to repeatedly ask for them. These are: Jellyfish, Meatchunk, Night Star, Moonlight, Gravi (I'll be finalising this list in the next version).
Also, slain some dogs, fleshes, boars, bloodsuckers, etc? Search their bodies and keep any tails, hoofs , eyes, etc. Keep 2-3 of each as side-quest will often request one. Easy money with no time waste.
2. having enough money is possible if you scavenge every single body, take every little quest and pursue every single hidden stash. Do this consistently and you'll always be well equiped before getting into difficult situations.
--- Changing this mod ---
--To alter the amount of stuff you can carry--
Go to: gamedata\config\
open file: system.ltx
find line: max_weight = 300
change to the number you prefer then,
Go to: gamedata\config\creatures
open file: Actors.ltx
max_item_mass = 300
max_walk_weight = 300
and apply the same number as with max_weight.
These are the weapons altered so that with silencers attached they still have the same bullet damage, speed, and accuracy as when non-silenced.
Open with notepad to undo or apply different effect of the silelcer on the weapon.
if you don't like the way a weapon looks now, just go to:
and delete accordingly.
--- Copyright ---
You may modify it.
You may distribute it.
You may include it into your mods but please give me & respective authors the credit (see credits).
You may NOT charge money for it (apart from minimum shipping costs & format (e.g. CD).
You can do all of the above without asking me but I would appreciate the courtesy of e-mailing me about it.
--- Contact ---
faiakes AT hotmail.co.uk
|File Name: stalker_faiakes_v13.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 9.59 MB||Files Added: 9,436|
|Downloads: 461 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,218,543 (68,165 last week)|
|Posted: 12.04.2007||Supporters: n/a|