Mod: Faiakes Mod (1.7)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: All Downloads (659) Patches (11) | Mods (642) | Movies (4) | Others (1)
The best mods from our brilliant modding community, the mod mashing genius of Faiakes, and lots of spare time have created the best mod compilation out there.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Stalker_Faiakes Mod v1.7
========== Description ==========
Finding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. too frustrating and slow?
This mod tries to bring the game closer to the FPS genre.
========== Major features ==========
- Buy almost EVERYTHING from any trader.
- Have rifles fit the handgun slot!
- Have non-degrading Armour and Weapons.
- Have reliable (non-misfiring) weapons.
- Have side-quests without a time limit.
- Be able to carry more (300kg instead of 50kg).
- More gruesome blood effects.
- Add scopes, silencers and grenade launchers to more weapons.
- Better English text dialogues and descriptions.
- Better looking skins for weapons.
- New music for your ears.
- Drive yourself around in vehicles
- Darker, more realistic nights and weather.
- Have text on the map to know where everything is.
- More info and accurate weapon stats.
========== Change Log ==========
1.6 -> 1.7
- Added Lexx's Antigas Armour Mod v4.1
- Added TheVoodoo's Weather Overhaul Mod 1.01
- Added 174@2ch's Jin-Roh Mod v1.0
- Added Heru's Girl TV mod
- Added Heru's Fullmetal FM mod
- Added Warpig's Mp5/Viper upgrade mod (partial, also, Warpig incorrectly identified the scope as x3, it is x2 and I have left it at that)
- Actually added (apparently last version's was v1.1) Hud & Blood mod 1.2 (modified)
- Increased zoom of PSO-1 scope to x3 (from x2)
- Increased zoom of SUSAT scope to x3 (from x2)
- Added new (and exclusive) info to the guide.
- Fixed large-silenced-mp5 crash bug.
- Corrected omissions in the credits.
1.5 -> 1.6
- Added Superfly's Items skin pack mod
- Added Gohda's Retextured PM and PB (1.0)
- Added Gohda's Retextured Groza (1.0)
- Added NAMAYU's Multicam style Stalker suit skin mod
- Added Underwhelmed's Weapon Damage Mod
- Added Kyodan's Real Gun Names mod v.3 (modified)
- Added Magnus Warthorn's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Dark Knife (1.2)
- Added Ozne's Cigarettes mod
- Replaced all other sound mods by dDefinder's Improve Sound Effects v0.8
- Replaced Tweaked Blood v1.3 mod with Pseudoant's HUD & Blood MOD v1.2
- New player HUD courtesy of HUD & Blood MOD v1.2
- Actually added the iPhone PDA skin (I'm pretty sure. I think...)
- Fixed mini Silenced H+K (mp5) not showing up on trader's list
- Fixed mini G36 only costing 1 RU (Ha! You all missed it...)
- Added (a LOT) more gameplay advice to the guide (tips for players of all levels)
- Corrected the infamous spelling mistake. I wrote 'Riffle' (verb: to turn hastily; flutter and shift) instead of 'Rifle' (noun: the weapon)
1.4 -> 1.5
- Added Breda's l86_blood_texture mod
- Added ZanderArch's Advanced mapping system v1.5 mod
- Added Superfly's iPhone PDA mod
- Added Balnazzar's Transport Mod v1.0 + Patch
- Updated Raw's Revamp mod to v1.02
- DOUBLE-mini-WEAPONS mod (by Faiakes). Have most rifles/other weapons fit the handgun slot. Switch between rifles without accessing your inventory!
- Farshooter SVDm 2 price has increased to 33.000
- Storming Obokan price has increased to 8.000
- Sniper Obokan price has increased to 8.000
- Sniper VLA price has increased to 20.000
- Lightened IL 86 price has increased to 10.000
- Gauss rifle price has increased price of 34.000
- Vintar BC price has increased to 25.000
- Storming SIP price has increased to 14.000
- Sniper SGI price has increased to 15.000
- Bulldog 6 price has increased to 25.000
- Bulldog-6 m209 price has increased to 27.000
- Tunder 5.45 price has increased to 22.000
- Balance IL 86 price has increased to 11.000
- Akm 74/2U special price has increased to 3.000
- Fast-Shooting Akm 74/2 price has increased to 6.000
- Combat Chaser price has increased to 6.000
- Threaded SPASA-14 price has increased to 6.000
- RPG-7u price has increased to 25.000
1.3 -> 1.4
- Added Gohda's Retextured AK-74u and AK-74 mod (mix & match)
- Added Gohda's Retextured USP - Stainless Steel Slide (mix & match)
- Added Gohda's Retextured Winchester 1300 - Wood Parts
- Added SMASHER4YA's lr300_spas12_deagle_beretta_sounds mod
- Added Akame's akamestalkersaund mod v1.1 (mix & match)
- Added dDefinder's Improve Sound Effects v0.4 (mix & match)
- Added Wildwing's G36 crosshair mod [haven't heard back from you but your readme allows (?) it]
- Added Wildwing's l85 crosshair mod [likewise]
- Added Cryomerk's Reskin Pack #1 G36/Sig550/AKM74 (mix & match)
- Added Mattressi's Gritty Chrome Desert Eagle re-skin v1.0
- Added further gameplay advice to the guide
- Added installation details.
- Exoskeleton (unique) had its price increased to 110.000
- SEVA suit had its price increased to 62.000
- Corrected 1.2 -> 1.3 log: Gauss rifle had its price increased to 32000 not 28000
1.2 -> 1.3
- Added Josh's (YourMessageHere) STALKER Realistic-looking Weapon Pack, without the text modifications (mix & match)
- Added Balnazzar's Retexture Mod v1.0 (mix & match)
- Added in weapons' description the precise figures for: Range, Accuracy, Rounds per second, Mag size
- FT 200M had its accuracy increased to match the GP 37
- FT 200M had its fire distance increased to match the GP 37
- FT 200M had its fire rate slightly increased
- FT 200M had its zoom increased by ~75%
- FT 200M had its price increased to 38000
- Gauss rifle had its fire rate increased by 50% (takes 1.5sec per shot instead of 2sec)
- Gauss rifle had its zoom increased by 33%
- Gauss rifle had its price increased to 32000
- Added gameplay advice to the guide
- Added the ReadMe files of all the mods I use in mine
- Corrected 1.1 -> 1.2 log: Noiseless Viper had its accuracy increased by 33% not 20%
1.1 -> 1.2
- Added tharawdeal's Raw's Revamp Mod v1.1, improving the English text.
- Added Swifty Magee's Additional Add-ons v1.0 mod.
- Added AntiWiggin's Tweaked Blood V1.3 mod.
- Noiseless Viper (mp5) can now use both 9x18 + 9x19 bullets.
- Noiseless Viper (mp5) can now fit in small weapon slot.
- Noiseless Viper has an ammo mag of 40 now.
- Noiseless Viper has increased accuracy by 33%.
- Noiseless Viper now costs 3200, to balance it out and because the trader mod makes it too easy to have unique items.
- Viper 5 has increased accuracy by 20%.
- Viper 5 now costs 2600, to balance it out and because the trader mod makes it too easy to have unique items.
- Gauss rifle does not prevent you from sprinting (I never got that. It's neither too big nor too heavy).
- FT 200M has an ammo mag of 40 now.
- Reduced carry load to 300Kg, as many people found it ridiculous (have added a guide below, though, on how to change it to whatever you want).
- Added/improved the description of all 3 mp5 weapons (and will continue in next version for all weapons).
1.0 -> 1.1
- Replaced gullgotha's NoDegradeArmor mod, which wasn't working properly with
PiIsARational's Armour Decay Mod v.01, which works perfectly.
========== Installation ==========
Extract and place the gamedata folder to (usually):
...\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl
***** NOTE *****
1. For the Double-mini-Weapons mod to come into effect you have to start a new game (as for the transport mod)
2. If you already have an MP5 in your inventory, you may lose it. Sell it/save it somewhere first before using this mod.
3. The Stalker Faiakes mod is meant for Veteran and Master level, otherwise it'll make the game too easy.
4. Requires patch 1.0001 to enable all features.
5. If you can't get this (or any other mod) to work, you just need to modify the file fsgame.ltx, which is in the same folder where you placed the gamedata folder of this mod.
Simply, right-click on fsgame.ltx, choose 'open with', click the bottom option 'Choose Program...', select Notepad from the list, check the option below to always open that type of file with Notepad and then click 'OK'.
Open the file and the second line will look like this (a bit more spread apart but ignore that):
$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\
Replace the first 'false' with a 'true' and the whole thing should look like:
$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\
Save, close and you'll find your mods work fine now.
========== Credits ==========
In alphabetical order
174@2ch for: Jin-Roh Mod v1.0
Balnazzar for: Trader Mod v1.1
Balnazzar for: Retexture Mod v1.0
Balnazzar for: Transport Mod v1.0 + Patch
Breda for: l86 blood texture mod
Cryomerk for: Reskin Pack #1 (G36/Sig550/AKM74)
dDefinder for: Improve Sound Effects v0.8
FacTor-X for: the new hands skin
Gohda for: Retextured AK-74u and AK-74 mod
Gohda for: Retextured USP - Stainless Steel Slide
Gohda for: Retextured Winchester 1300 - Wood Parts
Gohda for: Retextured PM and PB (1.0)
Gohda for: Retextured Groza (1.0)
gullgotha for: No1DegradeUniqueWeapons Mod Version v1.0
gullgotha for: NoDegradeNormalWeapons Mod Version v1.0
gullgotha for: Endurance Mod Version v1.1
Heru for: Girl TV mod
Heru for: Fullmetal FM mod
Kyodan for: Real Gun Names mod v.3
Lexx for: Antigas Armour Mod v4.1
Lokbomb for: Viper to Pistol Slot Mod
Mattressi for: Gritty Chrome Desert Eagle re-skin v1.0
NAMAYU for: Multicam style Stalker suit skin mod
Ozne for: Cigarettes mod
PiIsARational for: No time limit on quests Mod v0.01
PiIsARational for: Armour Decay Mod v.01
Pseudoant for: HUD & Blood MOD v1.2
Superfly for: iPhone PDA mod
Superfly for: Items skin pack mod
Swifty Magee for: Additional Add-ons Mod v1.0
tharawdeal for: Raw's Revamp Mod v1.1
TheVoodoo for: Weather Overhaul Mod 1.01
Underwhelmed for: Weapon Damage Mod
Warpig for: Mp5/Viper upgrade mod
YourMessageHere for: STALKER Realistic-looking Weapon Pack
ZanderArch for: Advanced mapping system v1.5 mod
All changes, beyond what the credited mods originally offer, are mine.
All changes, not credited to a specific modder, are mine.
--- Special thanks ---
From the FileFront forums, who showed me how to add & edit icons, for the Double-mini-Weapons mod.
For discovering where those stupid icons were in the first place
For reworking all the skins and bumps to add more detail and tune them to my liking (extra thanks man)
For their support
========== Contents ==========
1. Folder: gamedata -> the mod folder (see Installation)
2. Folder: All Other ReadMe -> The ReadMe files of each mod used in mine
3. Pictures: various -> screenshots showcasing features of the mod.
========== Guidance ==========
--- Weapons and Armour ---
1. Save your money and make the first thing you buy the H+K MP5A5 Silenced (or at least the H+K MP5A5 9x18). Then start saving for a proper assault rifle.
2. Beware. All mp5s are useless for long distance shooting. Don't waste your ammo. Their firing range is only 200m. Either get close or get away.
2. Don't buy absolutely anything (other than bullets) until you can afford the FN F2000. Once you have it, use it as a sniper rifle (single shots) mostly, as you won't be able to afford loads of bullets just yet (nor need to use it on auto for close combat at the time). Also, buy a silencer for it. It will actually reduce your presence in some occasions and allow you to surprise more enemies.
3. Use the H+K MP5A5 Silenced (or the H+K MP5A5 9x18) for close combat for as long as you can get away with it (eventually enemies will be strong for it).
4. After getting the FN F2000 start saving for armour. Don't bother waste your money on anything but: the SEVA suit (your first armour purchase) and the Exoskeleton PNB-4UZ (your second armour purchase). You'll find yourself using the SEVA suit most of the time and the Exoskeleton on few occasions of close combat with heavily armed and armoured enemies.
5. When you find the stash with armour at the far right of the train tracks in Cordon , don't bother keeping one for yourself. Sell it. When you first go into Agroprom (the complex to the right) and start the helping the Mole mini quest, as you enter the place turn immediately left, go into the porter's little building and there will be a Merc's suit waiting for you. Nice! That will cover you until you can afford the SEVA suit.
5. Once you have these (FN F2000, SEVA suit, Exoskeleton PNB-4UZ) and before venturing into the Brain Scorcher quest you have to make your final purchase, which is the Gauss rifle. Don't bother buying more than 50 rounds, unless you like using it. The FN F2000 will suffice for most situations.
6. Whatever weapon you like to use add a silencer to it! It will in fact make enemies less aware of you and thus allow to surprise or avoid more of them.
7. Use single shot firing mode as often as you can. You'll be surprised how few, well placed, bullets it takes to bring down any enemy. You need to conserve ammo, especially when you start the game.
8. The RGD-5 (offensive) grenade is not that crucial. I never keep more than 5 on me (even on Master Level), I sell the rest. It's the F1 (defensive) grenade that can do some real damage.
--- Starting ---
Before doing any missions earn (safely) some much needed cash for crucial supplies:
1) As soon as you exit the bunker in the beginning of the game, go directly left. It looks like a trash site. Go through the pipe into the centre of it and pick up the 2 Wrenched. To get out, hop your way to the big tank to the left, sprint and jump away without any harm!
2) Search all the houses in your little village, they have some goodies and occasionally even a side-quest item. Keep coming back to check the box near the fire where everyone sits. It gets replenished with some valuable supplies if you are starting into the game.
3) Now talk to Wolf to get your pistol but only do the killing the boars mission. When you do kill the (2) boars break the boxes and get the artefact. You won't get into trouble, easy cash.
4) Head towards the bandits. See that trailer on the left? There are 2 stalkers down next to it (on the side away from the road). Clean up the corpse of the dead stalker. That'll get you at least a med kit. Go to the injured stalker and sacrifice that med kit to help him. It'll benefit you more than simply ignoring him. Now go into the trailer. See a metallic box? Use your knife to break it because it has goodies inside, otherwise you can't get them. Also break the big wooden crates to get a silenced pistol and some essential extra supplies.
5) As you have some cash now you should return to the trader, sell only the useless artefacts (see guide below) and buy an extra 20-40 on bullets for your pistol. It should be enough. If not, learn to shoot!
6) You have to help with killing the bandits now. Do it. Then immediately ask Nimble for the item and after that for a job. When that is done you can clean up all the bodies. You'll also get messages about hidden stashes from searching the bodies. Tend to them before going back to the trader if they're not dangerous or if you have enough bullets and med kits.
7) Now you can go back to the trader, sell everything apart from: the 9x18mm rounds, food, med kit and the artefacts I recommend always keeping. EVERYTHING else must go to buy the modified silenced H+K MP5A5 and extra rounds.
8) Once you have the item Nimble asked you for (it is past the place where you killed the bandits, at the end of the dirt road, into the tunnel, beware of the dogs, stick to the right next to the barbed wire), you'll find him sleeping in the house behind Wolf.
9) When you have modified silenced H+K MP5A5 ask the trader for more jobs. Take them all on but start with those which are close and slowly work your way further and further away from the trader.
10) To get past the tracks don't bother with the tunnel (or pay!). Simply head to the right side and there 2 gaps: one just to the right of the bridge (don't come close to the soldiers though as they will start shooting you) and the other one quite further to the right.
11) When you have the silenced H+K MP5A5 and you'd like an easier solution, climb on to the bridge and from up there sniper all the soldiers. That way you'll get their supplies too.
12) After you first set foot at Agroprom, help the Stalkers and save the Mole, don't go down the tunnel. In fact, don't even go to the other complex to get the documents. Since your only decent weapon is the silenced H+K MP5A5 and even though you have that new Merc armour you found there, it'll be too difficult to carry out the mission with just those.
13) Instead, explore the entire area. This place is a goldmine, the hills are littered with artefacts! Clean out the tunnel (the one on your right as you arrived, with the train tracks leading to it) too and you'll have enough money to buy the FN F2000, rounds for it and have some left to start saving for the SEVA suit! After this place is cleaned up you'll have most of the equipment you need to complete the game.
--- Quests ---
1. You won't be allowed into Rostok before you get the documents from Agroprom. In case you were wondering just why they don't like you :-)
2. At Master level, helping Freedom take out the Duty extremists means you cannot return to Rostok nor to Cordon, which also means you'll lose any rewards pending for completed quests there (as well as access to the traders). In other words, don't take on the mission, it's probably not worth it.
3. However, I discovered a way into Rostok without permission. If you are coming from Garbage as soon as you enter the Rostok map head left to meet the fence. You can actually walk onto the earth wall where the fence starts and hop into the left outside part of town. Find your way to the bar and you'll see a window that allows you to look in the town. Jump on it, double crouch and you're in! To get out, head towards the Yantar-Wearhouses junction. Just after the guard, to the right are a pile of pipes/Air vents, climb them, hop to the roof and go right, drop down, go all the way to the right, meet the fence which was on your right as you came into town, try to go to the start of it and you'll end up with the leaving the map message! (if you click 'No' you'll end up on the road into Rostok again)
--- Artefacts & Items ---
1. Unless you're desperate for bullets never completely sell certain artefacts. Keep at least one of a kind as side-quests tend to repeatedly ask for them. These are: Jellyfish, Meat chunk, Night Star, Moonlight, and Gravi.
2. However, you can sell the following as you won't find them any useful or even have to use them at all: Wrenched, Stone Blood, Goldfish (only needed once), Slime, Thorn, Battery, Slugg, and Pellicle. You'll never need more than 2 of the Flash artefact for yourself (and it is only requested once in a quest). Also Stone Flower is also only requested once in a quest.
3. Also, slain some dogs, fleshes, boars, bloodsuckers, etc? Search their bodies and keep any tails, hoofs , eyes, etc. Keep 2-3 of each as side-quests will often request one or you can actually sell them for good cash too! Prices vary from trader to trader and from level to level but all moster parts sell between 500 - 3000 each.
4. NEVER sell your med kits. Unless you like reloading your game often.
5. Remember: giving an artefact as part of a quest will get you more money plus extra items.
6. The Crystal Thorn artefact is on top of the Scientist's lab in Yantar.
7. Selling your items in Yantar, after you do the mission there, will net you more money.
--- Financial ---
1. ALWAYS ask and take ALL the jobs traders can offer you. Finding what could have been an side-quest item and simply selling means you lost money and/or precious artefacts you could have earned.
2. NEVER attempt to take out a person within city or town. It is not possible and it'll make everyone hostile towards you. Wait until that NPC is outside and alone and then take them out.
3. If you get messages about hidden stashes find them quickly, otherwise they'll be empty by the time you get there.
4. Don't bother with energy drinks, cans of food and that salami looking thing, selling them is more valuable. You can get trhough the entire game (even on Master level) just on bread
5. When you have to eat, ALWAYS consume your bread first, as the canned food and the salami can actually be sold for some valuable cash.
6. Be constantly checking your PDA. You don't want to be passing by hidden stashes you could have looted or NPCs/items which are part of a quest.
7. Having enough money is possible if you scavenge every single body, take every little quest and pursue every single hidden stash. Do this consistently and you'll always be well equipped before getting into difficult situations.
========== Changing this mod ==========
--- Altering load capacity ---
Go to: gamedata\config\
Open file: system.ltx
Find line: max_weight = 300
Change to the number you prefer then,
Go to: gamedata\config\creatures
Open file: Actors.ltx
max_item_mass = 300
max_walk_weight = 300
and apply the same number as with max_weight.
--- Weapon Add-ons ---
These are the weapons altered so that with silencers attached they still have the same bullet damage, speed, and accuracy as when non-silenced.
Open with notepad to undo or apply different effect of the silencer on the weapon.
--- Skins ---
If you don't like the way a weapon looks now, just go to:
and delete accordingly.
========== Future versions ==========
- I'd like to add Lexx's Antigass Mod but it's going to take me a long time as we both use a certain file and changing it is a pain.
- I'd also like to add the X-46 Battle Armour but right now it messes up the trader files, so that requires some careful reading.
========== Bugs, Issues ==========
- I think there is weird glitch. If you die and are imediately pressing any button the game crashes. Could other people confirm this for me? I'd like to know whether it's just my machine or something with the mod.
========== Copyright ==========
You may modify it.
You may distribute it.
You may include it into your mods but please credit me & the respective modders (see credits).
You may NOT charge money for it (apart from minimum shipping costs & format (e.g. CD).
You can do all of the above without asking me but I would appreciate the courtesy of an e-mail.
========== Contact ==========
faiakes AT hotmail.co.uk
|File Name: stalker_faiakes_v17.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 106.27 MB||Files Added: 9,382|
|Downloads: 597 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,153,937 (87,866 last week)|
|Posted: 30.04.2007||Supporters: n/a|