Mod: STALKERSkies 1.1 REAL ATMOSPHERE Patch 1.1
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: All Downloads (649) Patches (11) | Mods (632) | Movies (4) | Others (1)
This mod alters the skies to make them, supposedly, more realistic. Judge for yourself if the author was successful.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Readme File:
STALKERSkies 1.1 REAL ATMOSPHERE Patch by miraclefreak
This patch improves weather of StalkerSkies 1.1 making it even more beautiful, varying and adds more realistic atmosphere... See screenshots and readme for details. I have to emphasise this patch aims to be as much realistic as possible.
Screenshots and all was made on Static lightning render mode, so results may vary on dynamic.
Warning! If you don't like realism and deep atmosphere, this is probably not for you!
- Colours, sunlight, fog,... corrected to match together.
- Fixed sun position...now it's on southern side of sky, because Ukraine is of course on the northern hemisphere! It even matches with structure shadows now.
- (very fine side effect of the above fix) during the rainfall and storm sky textures with clouds move decently which makes great impression of high winds
- Rain more visible during day
- Even if it was in summer, no trace of sun at 22:00
- Same with dawn... first signs of sun at 6:30
- Be warned, whiners, the nights are really dark but PLAYABLE even with single torch. However they are not as pitch dark as they should be in sparcely populated area with no serious light sources... Question rises: Have you ever been at night outside city? You know you wouldn't see much. If you can't see ANYTHING then you probably don't have your screen settings right. However there is one hour at night with heavy rain and thunderstorm. You won't see a shit at that time without night vision. Either hide and wait watching the beautiful show or sleep! If it catches you in the middle of wilderness try not to shit in your pants.
This is about realism, about great atmosphere that would consume you thus fun. YOU ARE IN THE ZONE MAN, LIVE IT... So some sleep mod is recommended too.
- still no moon
- no sun flares... real sun is on textures - visible or behind clouds
- shadows still aren't perfectly correct
First you need to have STALKERSkies 1.1 by Cambragol applied before you apply this patch on it.
Simply unzip the content overwriting the weather_default.ltx file in "gamedata\config\weathers\" path.
Same as in STALKERSkies 1.1 mod. If you are able to improve this patch by e.g. making decent moon flare texture and applying it in weather system I'd be very glad. Feel free to alter. Don't even have to credit me if you are about to alter this patch.
|File Name: stalkerskies_1.1_real_atmosphere_patch.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 1.62 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 409 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,383,353 (52,706 last week)|
|Posted: 12.11.2007||Supporters: n/a|