Mod: MissionMOD 1.0
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: All Downloads (659) Patches (11) | Mods (642) | Movies (4) | Others (1)
This mod by Barkeep adds additional missions, side jobs, and the possibility for a player to buy info on stash locations and artefact spawning, including a number of other changes.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: Barkeep
This "STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl" mod brings new missions to the game, and some other changes.
It was made for version 1.05 of the game.
GOOD NEWS = Vanilla savegames will work with this mod, but with a little tweak. Please read STARTING UP.
However, I strongly urge you to backup your savegames to some other directory.
Also, please read the KNOWN BUGS section.
LIST OF CHANGES:
1) Added possibility to buy info on artefact spawning and/or treasure locations to all traders.
Trader in Cordon has info on artifact spawning and stashes for Cordon.
Barman has info for Rostok, Garbage and Agroprom
Sakharov has info for Yantar and underground lab (stashes only)
Skinflint of Freedom has info on Military warehouses.
These can be accessed through special dialog options, like "Have you heard any rumors lately?".
Once bought, new info will be availiable after 6 (stashes) or 12 game hours (artefacts).
2) New missions and side jobs added to all traders and some npc characters in the game.
Sidorovich has one new mission, and 2 side jobs (good for those who start the game).
Barman has one new mission and 3 new side jobs.
Sakharov has one new mission and two new side jobs.
Lukash has two new missions and no extra side jobs, at the moment.
Also, added new side jobs to Petrenko of Duty (3 jobs), Hunter (2) and Baldy (2).
New missions are accessed through new dialog options, like "Got any more profitable missions?", "Got any special missions?", etc.
All new missions are recurrent, and reappear every 24 game hours.
3) All side jobs and new missions have increased duration to 10 game days.
4) I changed the order of some side jobs given by Lukash, to create more fluent playability.
More precisely, I put the reputation damaging jobs and the "Kill rats" mission at the end of job queue, so
that other jobs can be played without the need to leave the Military Warehouses map, or damage reputation to Duty
(if you're playing for both sides, that is).
5) Disabled most (if not all) of the annoying auto-assigned quests (AAQ).
I left only those which I believe do not break the continuity of gameplay.
List of remaining active AAQ's:
-Barman's job "Help stalkers fight off the bandits at Agroprom".
-Sakharov's "Purge the lair of snorks"
-General Voronin's "Destroy the zombie" in Yantar
Of course, you can still torment yourself with most of the disabled AAQ jobs if you like,
but you have to take them at their respected owners/traders - they are not auto assigned any more.
Apart from being a general hindrance, another reason for disabling these jobs is given in KNOWN BUGS.
6) Added equipment repair to some npc's in the game. Now you can repair your pistols, rifles, and suits at:
- Snitch, a merc in the Bar
- Screw, a Freedom's engineer, who is just behind the main Freedom building.
Repair price depends on the item's condition and value. You can repair an item only if you are wearing / holding it.
7) Doing side jobs for Baldy and Hunter improves the relatioship with the stalkers (loners). After some time, you become
friendly with all loners.
However, killing loners damages the reputation to the stalker community.
8) Tweaked the cleanup of corpses so that it happens more often. Now all corpses stay
for 24 game hours instead of previous 36.
This mod does not change the appearance of the game. It is my opinion that it adds richness in gameplay
through new quests, side jobs and dialog options.
- When buying info on artifacts from the Barman, it is recommended that you either collect the
new artifacts, or at least just visit the map where they are created, because if you don't, and
you ask the Barman for the new info on artefacts, the old ones will not be there any more.
To make it short, it's not a cumulative task.
- I agree that in older versions of STALKER it is not necessary to buy stash locations, but in 1.05 it
becomes useful. Because, in 1.05, when the player finds all the stashes, they cannot be "discovered" any more.
That is why I included this option, so that the player may receive random stash locations from npc's
for a price, and for every 6 game hours.
-Please do NOT take all availiable side jobs at once, because it may cause the game to crash at save or load game attempt.
I recommend taking side jobs in groups of 5 (if you want to take more than 5, that is),
but take precaution when doing a hard save.
First try a quicksave/quickload in that case.
I suggest doing hard saves when either you have less than 5 jobs active, or when quicksave/quickload works.
This goes for jobs taken in Bar area, related to neighboring maps, Rostok and Military Warehouses, where there are
many new side jobs availiable.
It appears that when too many side jobs are selected (7 jobs causes crash almost certainly), savegame
file becomes corrupt when game is saved.
Also, that is one reason why I disabled most of the AAQ's, because if you're already loaded with many side jobs, and you also
receive an AAQ, you may well experience a game crash at save/load or level change.
This does not apply to the new quests (missions) in the game, just the side jobs.
I am not sure how to fix this yet, but there is a workaround if the problem
manifests on less than 5 active side jobs.
NOTE: There is a workaround to the side job bug.
If the problem manifests itself regularly and even with less than 5 jobs selected, then
perform steps from 3 to 11 (inclusive) described in STARTING UP.
That should clean up the savegames and move up the number of side jobs you can safely select back to 5.
Unzip everything into your stalker installation directory if it doesn't have the gamedata folder.
If it has, you have other mods installed, and its contents will be
overwritten, in which case this mod might not work, including the other one.
If you haven't used mods before, you will need to find your fsgame.ltx file in the "c:Program FilesthqStalker" directory,
or wherever you installed the game. Open this file with a text editor like Notepad, and find the following line:
$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata
Change the false to true, i.e.:
$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata
Just delete the gamedata directory. That will leave you with the vanilla STALKER game.
You should also restore your old vanilla savegames, because the savegames from this mod will not work
without this mod.
-If you are starting a new game, just install this mod and play.
-If, however, you want to use your current vanilla savegames, you should do the following steps:
1. Backup your vanilla savegames to some other directory.
2. Install this mod (if not installed already)
3. Go to your STALKER installation directory (C:ProgramFilesTHQStalker, or wherever you put it)
4. Go to directory directory gamedatascripts
5. Open file barkeep_action_handler.script in a text editor (like Notepad)
6. Look for this code:
7. Comment the do_load(p), so that the Load function looks like this:
8. Save the file changes, launch STALKER, and load the game
9. Quicksave the game and quit STALKER
10. Again, in the barkeep_action_handler.script file, uncomment the line that was commented in step 7., so that
the function Load looks like it did before:
11. Save the file changes, exit the text editor, launch STALKER, and play
These steps actually reset the availiable content in this mod. Since this content does not exist in vanilla savegames,
the given procedure is necessary to make them work.
Also, steps 3-11 should be used if the side job bug appears on less than 5 selected side jobs.
This mod contains a small console logging function which is loosely based on code from the horror mod.
You may use this mod in your work, and/or base your work on parts of this mod, as
long as I am mentioned in the credits, and asked for permission by e-mail.
|File Name: missionmod.barkeep.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 196 KB||Files Added: 9,382|
|Downloads: 1,064 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,169,171 (85,383 last week)|
|Posted: 21.04.2009||Supporters: n/a|