Mod: Dynamic Shaders 1.1 (Beta)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: All Downloads (649) Patches (11) | Mods (632) | Movies (4) | Others (1)
Version 1.1 Beta available for download. This shader mod introduces dynamic depth of field (DOF), zoom DOF, and adaptive night vision scopes. It's fully compatible with most other mods.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- DYNAMIC SHADERS 1.1 - Beta Version released (Patch will follow soon)
(previously: Dynamic Depth of Field Shaders)
Author: Meltac (C) 2011, 2012
Note: A patch for 1.1 Beta addressing various issues will be released shortly.
Released beta version 1.1 adds the following improvements:
- built on latest version 1.05 of Kingo's STALKER Shaders MAX
- improved depth of field algorithm with more configuration settings
- support for all 41 levels of the extended Kostya's STALKER Map Pack
- support for mods with zoom-less weapons (to still have zoom DOF in aim mode)
- support for modified FOV (Field Of View), like with FOV-Switcher tools
- improved/fixed motion blur behavior
- better balanced configuration presets
- and last but not least: shader-based adaptive nightvision scopes with additional scope zoom
Note: Due to massive lack of time I decided to release the current unfinished state of development as a Beta version. Enjoy it - however be aware that issues may be possible.
This small mod adds dynamic depth of field (DOF) as well as zoom DOF and other new graphical features in r2 render mode (dynamic lighting).
It is built onto STALKER Shaders MAX by Kingo64.
This mod is compatible with 95% of other mods and is highly recommended.
Near Field DOF: Unlike in the original shaders from Sky4Ace, not only objects far away but also those to which you are very close will be blurred (when you don't focus them).
Full Dynamic DOF ("auto-focus"): The depth effect depends on your target distance, meaning that objects which are further away or much closer than those you are focusing will be blurred - the way your digital camera does it in auto-focus mode. This effect is well-known from Stalker CoP and other newer games.
Zoom DOF: When zooming in weapon aim mode (with or without scope), the regions further away from the screen center will be continuously blurred, like in other games (e.g. Far Cry 2). This effect was requested long ago by the community but so far nobody had found a way to realize it because it can't be done by shaders only but needs some scripting.
Alternative blur algorithms: In addition to the classic method by Sky4Ace, a simple gaussian blur algorithm is provided to incorporate the intended depth effect. Users may choose which one to have the work done (using a console setting).
Heavy configurable: All the above effects may be deactivated or adjusted to your favor (check shaders/r2/ShaderSettings.txt).
Compatibility with other mods:
Tested with patches 1.0004, 1.0005, and 1.0006
Works only with dynamic lighting / r2 render mode
Should work (besides shader mods) that with any other mod; however merging of the bind_stalker.script file might be required.
Tested with the following mods:
- STALKER Map Pack by Kostya (incl. all extensions, total of 41 maps)
- Priboi Story
- Clear Sky Faction Mod
- Stalkersoup (with some limitations)
- Automn Aurora
- Particle Paradise
- Stalker Weather Total Conversion, Dynamic Weather, Stalkerskies
Please backup your user.ltx file prior to installing the mod because it will be modified (affects only r2_aa settings).
The used blur algorithm can be selected with the console setting r2_aa_kernel with the values 0.3 for classic and 0.7 for gaussian blur.
To take full advantage of the zoom DOF effect I recommend the use of the Gnomus Scopes mod.
If you are running macron's FOV switcher or some other tool or mod that alters the actor's default FOV (field of view), you need to modify in the "shader_control.script" the value in the line "local no_zoom_fov = 67.5" from 67.5 to whatever is the default FOV in your case (e.g. 75.0).
General merging procedure (if you have installed other mods):
Copy the "shaders" folder of this mod into your "gamedata" folder. If there was already such a folder, you might want to backup it prior to replacing with mine.
Copy the "shader_control.script" file into the "gamedata/scripts" directory.
Open your "bind_stalker.script" file in the "gamedata/scripts" directory, and within the function "actor_binder:update(delta)" add a new line with "shader_control.Update()". If no "bind_stalker.script" file is present, simply copy mine.
That's all - have fun!
Usage & Credits:
You may use, modify, and deploy this mod as long as you are giving credit to the authors:
Kingo64 for the original STALKER Shaders MAX (which in turn is a shader compilation; see those authors)
Meltac for this dynamic depth of field shader additions.
In case you are experiencing issues:
In order to help me optimize this mod, please report any issues to me along with the following context information:
- your entire shaders/r2/ShaderSettings.txt
- your entire user.ltx
- First of all: Have you properly installed (or merged) all files of the mod, including scripts?
- type of your graphic adapter / GPU
- Do you run any FOV (field of view) switcher mod or tool, such as macron's FOV switcher?
- what other mod(s) are being used at the same time?
- are you using some anti-aliasing feature, and if so, where do you configure it?
- What part of the screen is affected by the issue (e.g. trees only, entire periphery, everything in the distance, entire screen etc.)
- Is the issue occuring while zooming your weapon, or in normal view mode?
Furthermore, providing some in-game video might help as well to locate the issue.
Please send these infos/files by eMail or upload or post it here.
Many thanks to everybody who helped developing this mod, especially those awesome modders at GSC forums! Thanks Loner1 and Bamah for testing!
|File Name: Dynamic_Shaders_1.1Beta_by_Meltac.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 146 KB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 228 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,389,725 (57,513 last week)|
|Posted: 01.03.2012||Supporters: n/a|