Mod: Dynamic Shaders 1.1 (Patch 2) (Beta)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl: All Downloads (659) Patches (11) | Mods (642) | Movies (4) | Others (1)
This shader mod introduces dynamic depth of field, dynamic night vision scopes, and dynamic reflections. It's compatible with most other mods.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Author: Meltac (C) 2011, 2012
This small mod adds dynamic depth of field (DOF), dynamic night vision scopes, dynamic reflections, and other new graphical features in r2 mode (dynamic lighting). It is built onto STALKER Shaders MAX by Kingo64, compatible with 95% of other mods and is highly recommended.
Note: Patch 2 for version 1.1 Beta is ready for download and highly recommended.
Version 1.2 Features (planned) - Dynamic Reflections
- Reflective suit visors (from the outside and the inside - see images and video below)
- Reflective dynamic wet surfaces (totally re-implemented and improved)
- Night vision support for 3D scopes (i.e. weapons with scope in the mesh but no scope texture)
- Sharpen effect as another depth of field improvement
- Semi-transparent HUD cross-hair of selectable color
Version 1.1 features (released) - Dynamic Nightvision Scopes
- built on latest version 1.05 of Kingo's STALKER Shaders MAX
- improved depth of field algorithm with more configuration settings
- support for all 41 levels of the extended Kostya's STALKER Map Pack
- support for mods with zoom-less weapons (to still have zoom DOF in aim mode)
- support for modified FOV (Field Of View), like with FOV-Switcher tools
- improved/fixed motion blur behavior
- better balanced configuration presets
- and last but not least: shader-based adaptive nightvision scopes with additional scope zoom
Version 1.0 features (released) - Dynamic Depth Of Field
Near Field DOF: Unlike in the original shaders from Sky4Ace, not only objects far away but also those to which you are very close will be blurred (when you don't focus them).
Full Dynamic DOF ("auto-focus"): The depth effect depends on your target distance, meaning that objects which are further away or much closer than those you are focusing will be blurred - the way your digital camera does it in auto-focus mode. This effect is well-known from Stalker CoP and other newer games.
Zoom DOF: When zooming in weapon aim mode (with or without scope), the regions further away from the screen center will be continuously blurred, like in other games (e.g. Far Cry 2). This effect was requested long ago by the community but so far nobody had found a way to realize it because it can't be done by shaders only but needs some scripting.
Alternative blur algorithms: In addition to the classic method by Sky4Ace, a simple gaussian blur algorithm is provided to incorporate the intended depth effect. Users may choose which one to have the work done (using a console setting).
Heavy configurable: All the above effects may be deactivated or adjusted to your favor (check shaders/r2/ShaderSettings.txt).
|File Name: Dynamic_Shaders_1.1Beta_Patch_2_by_Meltac.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 6 KB||Files Added: 9,425|
|Downloads: 277 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,197,690 (71,954 last week)|
|Posted: 20.04.2012||Supporters: n/a|