Patch: Patch 534
English retail v1.01 beta 2 v534 patch.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Star Trek: Starfleet Command III by Taldren - English retail v1.01 beta 2 v534
SFC 3 Patch 1.01 Beta 2 Build v534
Install instructions :
1) Uninstall Starfleet Command III using Add / Remove Programs file in your
Windows Control Panel.
2) Delete the SFC3 game folder off of your system.
3) Reinstall Starfleet Command III from the game CD, do not install Direct X
8.1 and do not install Gamespy Arcade from the Game CD, just the Starfleet
Command III game itself. Commonly the install folder is C:\Program
4) Check for the latest version of your video card drivers from the
manufacturer of your video card. For Geforce cards, check the NVidia web site,
for Radeon cards, check the ATI web site. Never get video drivers from a place
that is not the manufacturer of your video card. If you own a laptop, please
check with the manufacturer of your laptop for updated drivers.
5) Make sure your version of Windows is up to date. Go to Microsoft\'s windows
update and get all available updates for your Windows Operating System.
6) As a recommendation, Download and reinstall Direct X 9.0b, if you do not
have Direct X 9.0b, it is strongly recommended that you update to Direct X 9.0b
or you will cause others to crash in Gamespy Arcade or Dynaverse 3 servers.
Direct X 9.0b is not compatible with previous versions of Direct X under direct
play and people using Direct X version older than 9.0b will cause players who
have upgraded ( 90% of players) to have severe in game lag, locked loading
screens, or Crash to Desktop issues. This is stated in the Microsoft Direct X
FAQ. Installing an older version of Direct X on top of Direct X 9.0b will cause
Direct X 9.0b to corrupt.
7) Disable any Anti-Virus that you may be running on your system while
installing the patch. After patching, you may re-enable your Anti-Virus.
Download and install ONLY the v534 patch installer below; this is a stand alone
installer and does not need any other Starfleet Command III downloads. This
file is to be used on a clean, unaltered, unpatched version of Starfleet
9) Near the end of the install Process, a file will open stating the v531
Readme information; this file will be located in your SFC3 game folder after
patching. It contains all the trouble shooting tips for Starfleet Command III.
The file name is SFC3 Readme v534.rtf.
Notice : Some mouse software may cause game to crash. Go into start button,
click RUN, type in MSCONFIG. In pop up box, click Startup-tab, Uncheck any
mouse software listed (mouse will still work fine) and uncheck any other
programs that you absolutely do not need when your system starts. Click OK and
allow to restart system.
ATTENTION: THIS PATCH IS A BETA PATCH and is not supported by Activision
Customer Support. It represents progress made to date by Taldren (the developer
of Star Trek Starfleet Command III) and addresses many outstanding issues,
including several bug fixes and balancing changes to single player and
multiplayer skirmish mode, single player conquest mode, single player campaign
mode and Dynaverse 3 multiplayer mode.
Please carefully consider the following information before downloading and/or
installing this Beta patch:
- DO NOT INSTALL THIS PATCH if you play multiplayer Dynaverse via dial-up
modem. A new issue introduced may cause significant \"lag\" with Dynaverse play
when using a dial-up modem.
- Once you have installed this patch, the ONLY Dynaverse games you will be able
to see or join will be on game servers that are running the Beta patch code.
You will NOT be able to access any of the servers running release code. If you
have friends or teammates in Dynaverse who are not utilizing this patch, you
will not be able to play with them.
- Once installed, there is no \"uninstall\" for this patch that would roll your
game back to the previous (release) version of Starfleet Command III.
Therefore, once you have installed this beta patch, the only way to revert to
the release version of the game is to uninstall Starfleet Command III
completely, and then reinstall the game from your Starfleet Command III CDROM.
- Installation of this Beta patch will make you ineligible for any Activision
Customer Support on this product. HOWEVER, reverting to the original release
code by re-installing the game from the CDROM you purchased will reinstate your
- If you install this patch, DO NOT install the Star Trek Nemesis Downloadable
Movie Mission over the new patched version. It will render several portions of
the game inoperable. This patch contains the latest versions of the Nemesis
Movie Mission already.
- This patch does not address all known issues with the game.
8 May 2004
SFC 3 Patch version 1.01 Beta 2 Build 534
1) Random and single player missions not being allowed properly (if set) in
Hexes with bases and planets or enemies - fixed.
2) After a ship decloaks, it will be auto-targeted but you cannot fire upon it
- fixed (no longer auto-targets).
3) If you use the \'s\' key to accelerate out of a reverse you still maneuver at
a reduced rate - fixed.
4) Scan mission not working in nebula hexes - fixed.
5) AI attempting High Energy Turns too often - fixed.
6) DefaultLoadout may now be CRC checked when logging on to Dynaverse by
placing in validated client files.
7) The amount of damage taken by officers may be attenuated by changing
OfficerDamageMod in HullItems.gf, default value is 0.
Borg no longer has Anti-Matter Mines available in weapon selection by default
per game manual. Anti-Matter mines can be added back to the Borg race in the
Note: Previous saved games will not work with this build. All single player
campaigns will need to be deleted and restarted after installing this build.
The amount of damage taken by officers may be attenuated by changing
OfficerDamageMod in HullItems.gf, default value is 0.
SFC3 can be made to play without the CD in the computer. Add the following line
in the sfc.ini file under the [UI] heading.
30 December 2003
SFC3 Patch version 1.01 build 531
1) De-Borgified 4th race no longer gets free hull repair.
2) Switch put in to enable random missions when enemy is present in hex.
3) 60sec max wait time for mission start (up from 40).
4) The only change *should* be the glows being enabled for de-Borgified 4th
5) Banking ships for the Borg Slot.
6) new .gf setting which allows turning off of Borg regen armor. This is in the
Hullitems.gf file at the botom listed as :
When this is set to 0, it will essentially turn the Borg into a \"normal\" race.
Their hull will no longer regenerate. Their ships will bank, they will have to
pay for repairs and they will have shield glows. This option is for modders who
wish to replace the Borg with another race
7) Officers not recovering from injuries - fixed.
8) Cheat: using universal starbase warp engines in starships giving massive
amounts of power - fixed.
9) Large number of starships in base and planetary missions cause lag - reduced
number of defense ships but made them larger on average.
10) Klingon disruptors will miss a ship going at warp - fixed.
11) Increased proximity torpedo bonus from 20% to 30%.
12) Crash: Klingon first mission crashes when you attack the uninhabited planet
13) Allied AI ships are not in a human fleet at the start of a mission -
14) Warp core too vulnerable - fixed.
15) Triple shot is not happening enough - fixed
16) Plasma Torpedoes do not hit often enough - fixed
17) Romulan medium and heavy plasma torpedoes fire triple too much - fixed
18) Romulan triple shot never hits with all three - fixed
19) Dynaverse - Lieutenant Commander rank needs t be abbreviated to Lt. Cmdr -
20) Cinematics Campaign End movies do not play - fixed.
21) Dynaverse - Player can get head start on opponent at start of game -
22) If two allied races had a successful co-op mission with the same Victory
result in a neutral hex, the result would be a draw - fixed.
23) Pirate\'s have the same map color has the Federation - fixed.
24) Downgrading your ship, or removing components from it, while the server
setting \"CanBenefitFromDowngrade=1\" is set in the Economy.gf file causes both
your lifetime and current prestige to go up, instead of just your current
prestige. This causes the player to stop being promoted if their lifetime
prestige exceeds that needed for the next rank - fixed.
25) Stardate \"Freezes\" when restarting using a saved game - fixed.
26) Confusing Text \"...ship is of a higher class and can\'t join your fleet\" -
27) Your AI Fleet-Members can Decline you from Joining in a Battle - fixed.
28) Borg Base Fast Cutting Beams Charging at Slow Rate - fixed.
29) Failing a scan or distress call mission in a neutral hex causes the hex to
flip to the player anyway - fixed
30) AI does not repair non-weapon systems - fixed.
31) Planets named U.S.S.
or IKV etc. -
32) Neutral planets in empire hex do not turn to Player\'s Empire - fixed.
33) Ships stop in space sputtering around speed 0 - fixed.
34) Must play missions do not stop the player from moving (mission dragging) -
35) Scan missions in asteroid hexes having multiple black holes present -
36) Bonus prestige in missions with more than 2 attacking teams is not being
caluclated correctly - fixed.
37) Game instability When Attacking Planets - fixed.
38) After being moved to a \"Safe Location\" with a Starbase or Planet after a
battle you are not able to refit or repair - fixed.
39) Borg Cube loads in with System Damage Every Time - fixed.
40) AI\'s do not start in tactical fleeted up with humans they are fleeted -
41) Players frequently get stuck \"in battle\" when they click \"done\" - fixed.
Star Trek Starfleet Command III 1.01 BETA Patch Readme
0) Follow, Orbit and Match target speed works on undetected cloaked ships -
1) Win 9x not displaying \"Mission Complete\" message - fixed.
2) Looping text at end of Klingon mission \'Obedience\' - fixed.
3) Occasionally the Romulan Mission \'Gray Area\' cannot be completed - fixed.
4) If a starbase construction fleet lost a freighter, the player would still be
able to deliver the starbase - fixed.
5) Owning player would receive prestige if his construction fleet freighter(s)
were destroyed - fixed.
6) AI not firing plasmas - fixed.
7) A ship with no primary weapons would not be able to fire - fixed.
8) AI not taking Angular Velocity in to account when firing - fixed.
9) Romulan fast disruptors not doing enough damage - fixed.
10) Empty incoming hail box that can\'t be cleared - fixed.
11) Turn rate curve is incorrect - fixed.
12) Ships beyond sensor range are given away by a mouse hover - fixed.
13) Romulan Warbird is too weak - fixed, added additional hardpoint to rear (in
addition to fixes elsewhere-in Romulan weapons).
14) Reduced the chance of detecting a cloaked ship with probes from 25% to
15) Pressing the B key or clicking on the Fire Heavy Weapons button drops a
nuclear mine - fixed.
16) If a weapon is destroyed, it indicates \"cycling\" - fixed.
17) Base Assault and Planetary Assault missions are too easy - fixed.
18) Defiant and Scimitar UI less than optimal - fixed.
19) The Defiant hull cost is too low - fixed.
20) The Ion Cannon is not distinctive - fixed.
21) Borg Cube collision causing multiple problems - fixed the cube is now just
an ordinary ship - no collision.
22) Reduced strength of the pulse phaser over range and brought the plasma
torpedoes in line with the new pulse phaser numbers.
23) Added distinctive beep to incoming meta message.
24) SFC now supports multiple maps of the same type.
25) It will now randomly pick from all available maps of a type (Open space,
Asteroids, Nebula and Black Hole) to determine map for tactical.
26) Added new weapons arcs for starbases only.
27) Starbase only weapons increased to max range of 60.
28) Pulse phasers - reduced chance of shield piercing to 1 in 10 from 1 in 6.
29) Special weapons now display damage drop off correctly in the tactical
30) Helm Officers being killed with performing EM does not stop you from
31) Ships explosion damage now based on health of warp core and total warp
32) MP Games update the Player count correctly now.
33) Refit Screen: The purchase list no longer resets to the first item each
time you buy our remove a item.
34) A host machine address is now removed correctly. NOTE: saved addresses will
have to be re-entered.
35) Mixing of Tech Between races now no longer allowed by default.
36) Fixed Disrepute being counted twice after a battle.
37) Fixed Transporter panel bug where the panel drew over the weapons panel.
38) Fixed Transporter Panel not refreshing the contents of the target ship
39) Fixed bug in speed bar where the client fails to update the other clients
on the change in speed when an impulse engine is repaired.
40) Shields now regenerate faster.
41) Fixed targeting sub system bug that allowed crewmen and officers to be
killed before internals were scored.
42) ShuttleBays made tougher.
43) Fixed lockup when AI\'s try to capture ships under certain circumstances.
44) Fixed bug where the keyboard command could ping turn on Anti-Cloak on ships
that did not have anti-cloak.
45) Fixed bug where keyboard command of \"steady as she goes\" did nothing.
46) Cloak can now be repaired.
47) Amount of random damage going to engines is too high - fixed.
48) Klingon mission \'Obedience\' crashes - fixed.
49) Unable to complete Borg mission \'Status Quo\' - fixed.
50) Probes cause friendly ships to be detected - fixed.
01) The percentage of Disrepute distribution now is a float from 0.1 to 10.0 in
02) Handle SmartHeap exception so a dialog box does not appear
03) Rework GameSpyConnection logic to safely close down
04) Protect callbacks from being deleted while in use.
05) Improve performance of callback protection (aka The Movement issue during
06) Introduce new external LogViewer system to improve Server performance.
07) Upgraded to SmartHeap 6.02
08) Removed unused variables in AI.gf, Ship.gf, Character.gf
09) Max ships in review by empire increased (for bidding)
10) Officer population is now a ratio of the humans, not of ALL characters
(previously way too many officers)
11) Broadcast option on the server (#4), message will go out to all people
12) Option added to server (Database.gf:[FileDB]/AutoSaveDateTimeStampedRate).
If set to a value > 0, this controls the rate at which AutoSaves are instead
saved to a directory named with the current date/time. This allows AutoSaves
to be automatically set aside, just in case. They are in the format
\"/YYYY-MM-DD_HHMM\", for example: \"/2002-12-25_0800\". Default rate is once per
13) When a player logs off, they now have their \"in tactical\" flag cleared.
This had previously caused players to be \"stuck\" on the server, unable to
14) If leader is attacked while moving to the next hex, but before the members
are moved with the leader - the battle still commences with all members.
Likewise, if a fleet member is attacked in this case - battle still occurs with
15) Simulated AI battles (those without humans) now have a 5% effect (vs.
16) Decreased odds of Battleship\'s appearing
17) AI no longer replenish stores no matter what hex they are in (now only in
friendly base hex)
18) AI now attempts to repair their hulls whenever they pass through a friendly
19) Internal handling of engagements more memory efficient
20) Info messages are now clearer as to creating fresh engagement and adding to
engagement (with ID)
21) Under high loads, an engagement could be advanced more than once, with
unknown results (major bug)
22) Simulated AI battles are dismissed if they become invalid (defender died,
etc.) while waiting to be simulated.
23) Borg now repair their hulls as soon as they report a battle
24) When server starts up, it looks at both \"Auto Save\" and \"Exit Save\" and
uses the latest. It also indicates what it is doing, so you will know if it\'s
a fresh database start.
25) Server will handle and correct a \"CD Key In Use\" error if it occurs and the
player lost the key legitimately (server crash, etc.)
26) Option added to server
(MissionMatching.gf:[ForfeitModifiers]/DeathIfFailedToJoin), if set - player
will suffer a battle death if fail to return to the server after a battle
(Alt-F4, crash, loss of net connection, etc.)
27) Option added to server
(Economy.gf:[Auction/Ship]/CanBenefitFromDowngradingShip), if set - player will
gain prestige when they trade in their ship for a lower valued ship.
28) Updated to GameSpy\'s latest SDKs (12/12/2002).
29) When someone joins or leaves a fleet, every human in the hex is notified
and has their view refreshed
30) If a player chooses a mission such as scan, that does not involve others,
they are protected from being attacked while in the mission. This prevents a
cheat where players were being auto-forfeited while in battle and suffering a
loss of prestige.
31) Rank is now advancing once again.
32) A German player can log onto any server and see only German messages from
the server, while English players will see English. Of course chat remains in
whatever language they are speaking. The language of the player is noted when
they create a player on the server. All information sent to that player will
then be in their language.
33) Fixed: Server option MaxAIsPerEmpire was creating AIs for empires that
34) Added server security support for ItemRules.gf
35) Option added to server
(MissionMatching.gf:[Fleet]/LeaderCannotBeLowerClassThanMember), if set - no
one can join a fleet if they are a higher ship class than the leader, except
everyone can join a freighter.
36) Info Server now updates GameSpy every 10 seconds, instead of every second.
37) OSVersion9x.dll\'s are now removed!
38) Improved internal thread synchronization resource usage.
39) AutoSave rate changed to 5 (every 10 minutes).
40) Option added to server (Database.gf:[FileDB]/BackupPath), if set - special
date/time backups are saved in a separate directory for easier maintenance.
41) Database saves that are created in other directories can now be copied into
the root of /Saves and still work.
42) We now report \"numplayers\" to GameSpy as the # of logged on players.
43) Economy server can now run at a different rate than every turn, because the
closing of bids is now run on the Database server turn (always every turn).
Economy server turn rate reduced to every 5 turns.
44) Changed HailMission\'s listings under MissionMatching.gf to support a LIST
of missions for each type, instead of only one. This allows modders to add as
many special scripts as they would like. The system randomly picks from these
lists, so you can increase the odds of a particular version by increasing the #
of times it\'s in a list. For example, if someone creates a bunch of variations
on the Meta_Hail_Planet mission, they would all be listed under
45) Option added to server (MissionMatching.gf:[Fleet/Maximum]). This list
controls the maximum # of a given ship class in fleets. There can only be one
Dreadnought class ship in a fleet, for example. Or only 2 Heavy Cruiser\'s.
46) Officer progression rate in multiplayer reduced by 80%. This is controlled
externally now in (Score.gf:[LevelUp] and [SpecializedLevelUp]).
47) Option added to server (Score.gf:[Misc]/ChargeToDisreputeRate). This
controls how much to charge to a player\'s disrepute if they are charged for a
new ship when they die. The algorithm is a bit complex, so bear with me. Its
primary purpose is to lessen the sting of dying in battle, but prevent cheating
by stripping a ship and then purposefully dying in battle. When a player dies
and the server is set to charge them for their replacement ship
(Score.gf:[Misc]/ChargeForReplacementShip), the server calculates the trade-in
value of their new replacement ship. This amount is to be charged to the
player. ChargeToDisreputeRate is the percentage to charge to disrepute instead
of prestige. The remainder is charged to prestige. If the player has
disrepute already, the system will charge disrepute only up to the amount that
was to be charged to disrepute and the remainder will then go to prestige. An
a) Player dies and is charged 10000 prestige for their new ship.
b) ChargeToDisreputeRate is set to 80%, so 8000 goes to disrepute and
2000 to prestige.
c) Player already has 5000 disrepute. So they are charged 3000 more
disrepute, with the extra 5000 going back to prestige.
d) Player is then charged 7000 prestige. If they did not have
disrepute already, it would have been 8000 to disrepute and 2000 charged to
48) Whenever prestige or disrepute changes, player has their prestige/disrepute
49) Server informs administrator when it is \"AutoSaving\".
50) When a player wins a bid for a ship, their old ship is destroyed.
51) Under SQL, support added to ban player based on their GameSpy name or their
IP address, checked when they create a player or log on.
52) Corrected OLD bug that was not refreshing the player\'s view of the map
correctly. Planets should visually change their race on the map as well.
53) When a server starts up, it reviews valid Save directories and loads the
latest version and announces which one it loads.
54) Fixed: List of Dynaverse servers was not matching up with
55) Removed more unused variables from various server GF files.
56) When a character logs off, it should always release the CD Key.
01) ItemRules.gf can be modified to allow mixing of tech for mods and holds the
default ships for skirmish games.
02) When Bidding on a ship, a pop-up panel requests confirmation.
03) The weapons officers weapon Tech skill now decreases the shuttle launch
delay. The delay was reduced across the board also.
04) Removed the need to have two teams for a skirmish game.
05) Added Popup to inform players that bids in D3 are final.
06) You can now cancel repairs but you still lose the repair part.
07) Weapons and Sensors degrade in the same increments as their color (Green
100%, Yellow 80%, Red 50%, Black 0%)
08) Warp and Impulse engines degrade gradually but also auto-repair at approx.
3% per turn
ADVANCED USER TIPS
To increase the resolution of the weapon arcs on the tactical display you may a
lter this line in the sfc.ini. The default number is 6. Higher numbers
require more CPU power thus reduces framerate. Thus numbers over 10 are not
recommended unless you have a high-end system. Numbers over 75 are capped to
75. Numbers under 6 are set to 6.
|File Name: sfc3_patch_1.01_beta2_build_v534.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 30.31 MB||Files Added: 9,382|
|Downloads: 3,202 (4 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,154,087 (85,047 last week)|
|Posted: 14.07.2004||Supporters: n/a|