Star Wars Battlefront II Hints, Tips
- Hero character locations
- The hero characters can be found at the following locations:
Luke: Jedi temple, Mygeeto, Jabba's Palace, Death Star Interior.
Leia: Tantive IV, Theed.
Han: Utapau, Polis Massa, Endor.
Chewie: Kashyyk, Felucia, Yavin.
Vader: Tantive IV, Jedi temple, Dagobah, Theed, Endor.
Emporer: Polis Massa, Theed, Death star interior.
Boba: Kashyyk, Utapau, Mygeeto, Felucia, Yavin, Jabba's Palace.
Yoda: Kashyyk, Tantive IV, Polis Massa, Dagobah.
Obi-Wan: Utapau, Mustafar, Theed.
Mace: Jedi temple, Yavin, Death Star Interior.
Aayla: Felucia, Jabba's Palace.
Grievous: Tantive IV, Utapau, Polis Massa, Dagobah, Mygeeto.
Maul: Jedi Temple, Mustafar, Jabba's Palace.
Jango: Kashyyk, Felucia, Yavin.
- Unlimited hero or villain
- Start Instant Action mode, choose your levels, but do not launch. Go down to the options, then go on "Hero". Change the options here as follows: Best Player, 4 Points, and the time for the hero to become available to 4 seconds. Your hero or villain can still die and the meter runs out, but you only need to kill four people for 4 points to unlock the hero or villain again. Also, if you get the points when you are playing as the hero or villain, when you die when playing as the hero or villain they still count as the points -- you can pick to play as them immediately.
Go to Instant Action, select your levels, but before you start go to the options menu. Select "Hero" then change options to Best Player, Time Limit 1 second, and the time for hero to become available to "Always". You can start the game selecting the hero, and when you die you can pick them again immediately.
- All hero battle
- Go to Instant Action mode and pick Mos Eisley as your level and Assault as the game type. When you begin the game you should be able to pick between heroes and villains and fight as any of "Hero" type character classes with no time limit.
- Easy space battle kills
- First, ensure that the enemies shields are down, then select a soldier with a blaster rifle. Take a fast ship and fly directly into the docks (it has a blue film over it), land, and get out. All of the enemies will be lightly armed because they are pilots. Open fire. Most will not return fire. Also, most enemy ship have an objective to destroy inside them.
Lock on to a structure such as the life support system or bridge. Make a preliminary strafing run straight along the ship. After passing the target, pull up with full thrusters. When the targeting arrow goes from the front of the screen to the back of the screen, decrease all engine power. Continue pulling back until you see the target. Line up with the target and do a half roll. This maneuver will allow you to make several runs, unloading on the target and avoiding as much enemy fighters as possible.
While in a space battle, take a transport to the enemy's space cruiser for sabotage. Land and make sure no one is in it or they will destroy it. When no one is in it, it will stay there for the rest of the battle. When you die, the transport acts as a command post for your team so you can go into the enemy ship much faster than taking another fighter from your hanger.
This following is a list of the battle ship's weak points.
Auto turrets: Located in the ship's interior Enter the ship's interior and you will see a cylinder shaped console with different monitors. Use two pilot bombs to destroy it.
Life support system: Enter the ship's interior and to the left should be a door. Enter it and you will see a giant blue screen ahead. Destroy it with three bombs.
Engines: Enter the interior, then turn to the right. Go through the door and destroy the four giant glowing tubes with three bombs.
Shields: Run into the interior and move past the auto turret controls. Enter the door, then run down the passage. There should be a giant lightning-filled tube. Place six bombs on the glass. To do this, aim up and touch the glass.
- Slow enemies from getting to their ships
- Get into a heavy transport (for example, a LAAT Gunship or Droid Gunship). Make sure that no one but you is in it, then fly over to the enemy hangar. Land and get into one of the scout fighters in that hangar (for example, a Jedi Starfighter or Tri-Fighter). Quickly fly back to your capital ship. To do this even more quickly, do the boost, and if the enemy frigates are not destroyed yet, fly out of the hangar, go down a good ways, then level your ship out again. Once you have reached your hangar, land and see if your other transport is there. If it is, get in. Make sure no one is in it but you. Repeat the process described above. If it is not there, either just waste time and wait, or get into a X-Wing or ARC-170. There will now be two of your transports in the enemy ship, and they will spawn many of your men. By doing this, you have bought yourself lots of time to disable the enemy ship. It is important to make sure no one but you is in the ship because if someone else is in there they will not get out when you land; and if you get out, they will take off and crash.
- Repairing shields
- You can always repair your shields. Just use the torch, but do not get too close to the glass or it will not work. This will take awhile, but is helpful. Also on ground battles you can use the torch to slice (hijack) enemy vehicles.
- Regenerate health and ammunition
- If there is an ammunition or medical droid on the other side of a thin wall (i.e. in space if you go into another hangar and the main room the thin separator walls between the doors and the droids), it can heal you through the wall. Nobody on the other side can shoot you unless they use a bomb, grenade, rocket, etc., which rarely happens.
- Rank list
- Earn the indicated number of medals in combat to advance to the next rank.
Veteran: 6 medals
Elite: 30 medals
Legendary: 60 medals
- Legendary rank bonus weapons
- After reaching the Legendary rank in the indicated class, cycle through your weapons to access the new weapon.
Frenzy: Elite Assault Rifle
Regulator: Flechette Shotgun
Demolition: Guidable Rockets
Marksman: Particle Beam Rifle
Gunslinger: Precision Blaster
Technician: Vehicle Regen
- Bonus weapons and abilities
- Complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus for that class:
Captain: Control 3 units: Have a total of 100 to 299 medals.
Demolition: Guidable Rockets: Get four critical hits vs. vehicles in one life.
Endurance: Energy Recuperation: Get 8 points.
Frenzy: Elite Assault Rifle: Get twelve kills with a blaster rifle in one life.
General: Control 4 units: Get over 300 total medals.
Guardian: Shielding: Get 16 points.
Gunslinger: Precision Pistol: Get 6 kills with a pistol in one life.
Marksman: Particle Beam Rifle: Get 6 headshots with the sniper rifle in one life.
Private: Control 1 unit: Have less than 20 total medals.
Regulator: Flechette Shotgun: Get eight kills with a shotgun in one life.
Sergeant: Control 2 units: Have between 20 and 99 total medals.
Technician: Vehicle Regen: Slice into a vehicle.
War Hero: Damage Increase: Get 24 points.
- Ship list
Republic: ARC 170
Empire: TIE Fighter
CIS: Vulture Droid Star FIGHTER
Republic: V Wing
Empire: TIE Bomber
CIS: Confederacy Strick Bomber
Republic: Jedi Interceptor
Empire: TIE Interceptor
CIS: Droid Tri- Fighter
Republic: LAAT Gunship
Empire: Imperial Shuttle
CIS: Droid Gunship
Rebel: Alliance Assault Craft
- Glitch: Warp across room
- Start running, press [Esc], then quickly press it again. You will warp across the room.