Patch: Patch 1.04
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast: All Downloads (30) Patches (1) | Demos (1) | Mods (19) | Maps (9)
Retail v1.04 patch.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast by Raven Software - retail v1.04 patch
Installation: After downloading the update, double click on JKIIUp104.exe to
install. The installer will automatically search for the folder where you
originally installed Jedi Outcast and install all of the updates. If the update
does not locate Jedi Outcast on your system, you may need to reinstall the game
from the original CD and then run the JKIIUp104.exe.
NOTE: This update includes all modifications that were originally incorporated
in Jedi Outcast version 1.03. This update addresses multiplayer bug fixes and
balance issues only. It will not affect your saved games. All Multiplayer users
must use Jedi Outcast version 1.04.
Corrects various multiplayer gameplay issues, including:
* Corrected issue which caused servers to crash in rare instances.
* Corrected issue causing damage not to ramp up and down properly when using
the backstab move in light saber stance.
* Corrected bug allowing players to pivot while executing backstab moves in all
stances. Players may no longer pivot when executing these moves.
* Fixed bug causing force pull to be unblockable by people with equal or
greater pull rank.
* Adjusted ammo usage of the Imperial repeater alt-fire.
* Fixed bug allowing inventory items to be used in FFA saber challenges.
* Corrected an exploit which allowed players to fall from large heights at a
* Corrected issue which caused pain sounds not to play properly when hit by
opponents. Pain sounds should now be relative to the amount of damage taken.
A few other notes on 1.04:
- Saved games are unaffected from 1.03
- Demos recorded using 1.03 are not compatible with 1.04
- Mod makers will have to update their mods to reflect new the IP protocol
introduced in 1.04. This will be a minor adjustment to your existing mod
- Once you upgrade to 1.04, only servers running version 1.04 will be visible
in your in game browser. There may be a short period of time where there are
few 1.04 servers to play on as server admins update to the new version.
The v1.03 update for the game has been modified to:
* Provide EAX® 3.0 and OpenAL support. To enable these options, you will need
to enable 3D Sound in the Sound Setup menu. At the time of release of this
update, EAX 3.0 is only supported on the Creative Labs Inc. SoundBlaster®
Audigy(TM) and Extigy(TM) sound cards.
NOTE: This feature is not supported on Aureal® Vortex and Vortex 2 sound cards.
Enabling this feature with a card with one of these chipsets may cause the game
to lock up.
* Include 4 new Multiplayer Duel levels, which support BOTs.
* The new levels are:
duel_bespin, duel_temple, duel_hangar, and duel_training
* Provide Force Feedback mouse support.
* Provide limited Force Feedback support for joysticks.
NOTE: Force Feedback joystick effect is not fully supported in this update.
Corrects various gameplay issues, including:
* Corrects an issue where players were unable to cycle to detonator packs and
trip mines on the explosives key unless they also had Thermal Detonators.
* Corrects an issue that prevented launching a multiplayer game on AMD(TM) dual
* Corrected an exploit to prevent players from using illegal models in the
* Corrected an exploit that allowed players to have force powers outside of
what the server rules allow.
* Added a keyboard icon that appears over the player's head when the player is
chatting or configuring force powers.
* Backflip now requires that you double tap the jump button.
* Lightsaber usage in multiplayer has been modified to work similarly to the
way it works in single player levels. This will enable better saber battles up
close with your opponent.
* Lightsabers will do less damage at the very start and very end of a swing.
This should prevent kills from just touching an opponent with the tip of your
* Other players will not see the glow from a player using force absorb until
they are attacked.
* Force Heal and Force Drain have been adjusted to require more force energy to
* Corrected an issue that prevent lightsaber locking from occurring in duels
even if it was enabled by the server.
* Correct various Duel mode issues, including:
- Reconfiguring force powers will not place your player at bottom of queue.
- If one player leaves during a match when dueling with more than 1 kill
limit, the next person in line will not enter the match with the score of the
person who left the match.
- Changing skins will no longer produce a loss score on HUD that includes
* Corrected an issue that would cause the third AT-ST on Artus_Topside to
disappear that prevented Jan from landing.
* Corrected an issue that caused enemies not to be alerted by the body of a
comrade in their field of vision.
* Corrected an issue where enemies did not try to avoid thermal detonators that
were thrown at them.
* Corrected an issue that would cause the player to be unable to attack for
about thirty seconds if they were force pushed out of a saberlock.
|File Name: jkiiup104.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 9.08 MB||Files Added: 11,462|
|Downloads: 1,420 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 19,020,369 (28,689 last week)|
|Posted: 27.09.2004||Supporters: n/a|