Mod: George Romero Mod T09
This mod aims to recreate the world of the undead as envisioned by the father of zombie movies, George Romero. The Romero zombies are the classic slow shambling zombies who only want to eat your flesh. They are very persistent and the only way to kill the
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Game: State of Decay
Mod: George Romero Mod
Version: Test 09
Tested On: State of Decay Early Access Update 3
Date: Oct. 16, 2013
Original Thread: http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?33990-George-Romero-Mod-(Experiment)
- Optional: Loud Firearms, firing unsilenced weapons will attract a lot of zombies!
- Optional: Fatal Attacks, it now only takes one bite or two claw attacks from zombies to put you in critical condition!
- Optional: Classic and Modern Dread Modes, the most challenging mix of settings whether you are a fan of the slow classic Romero zombies or the fast modern zombie apocalypse!
- Optional: Deadlight, attract zombies to your location by turning your flashlight on/off!
- Optional: Slow "Classic" Romero Zombies or Fast "Modern" Zombies!
- Optional: Enable/Disable Vehicle Zombie Collision Damage.
- Optional: Weak Vechicles.
- Optional: Increase number of outposts for some home bases up to 18.
- Improved Zombie Population
Table of Contents:
III. Choosing How You Want to Experience State of Decay
IV. Current Optional Features
This mod aims to recreate the world of the undead as envisioned by the father of zombie movies, George Romero. The Romero zombies are the classic slow shambling zombies who only want to eat your flesh. They are very persistent and the only way to kill them is by destroying the brain or causing severe damage to the head. The living dead series by George Romero is known for the atmosphere of dread, where even though zombies are slow and weak, they eventually catch up to the humans who end up going against each other due to their personal desires.
Modern Fast Zombies have also been added as another choice for gamers to use. I believe that giving gamers the ability to choose how they want to experience a game is the best way to make them happy.
* You must have a program called WinRAR or WinZIP to extract ZIP and RAR files. *
* As much as possible, please try to use only one mod at a time. Mods that affect the same files will overwrite each other and may cause undesirable effects. *
* It is always recommended to make a back-up of any files that any mod can replace. *
Contents of GeorgeRomeroModSODTEST09.zip:
1. Copy GeorgeRomeroModSODTEST09.zip to your State of Decay\Game folder.
2. Right Click on GeorgeRomeroModSODTEST09.zip and choose "Extract Here".
3. You will see the following .zip files in your Game folder:
4. Now it is time for you to decide on how you want to experience State of Decay!
III. Choosing How You Want to Experience State of Decay:
Each zip file is named according to what feature it gives to the game. Let's say that you want to only have slow classic Romero type of zombies. Here's what you do:
1. Right click on 01-SlowZombies.zip.
2. Choose "Extract Here".
That's it! You don't have to worry about file structures and other things because I've done the hard work for you. All you do is pick out which options you want to have in the game and extract them, it's that simple!
You want to have a State of Decay experience where all the zombies are fast, your vehicle won't get damaged by running over zombies, and you also want to have more outposts in certain home bases. Here's what you do:
1. Right click 02-FastZombies.zip and choose "Extract Here". This will make zombies in the game fast!
2. Right click 05-DisableVehicleCollisionDamageFASTZOMBIES.zip (because you're using fast zombies) and then choose "Extract Here". You can now run over as many fast zombies as you want!
3. Right click 09-MoreOutposts18.zip and choose "Extract Here". Now some home bases can have up to 18 outposts!
4. Good job, now you can play the game!
* To disable the ability to have up to 18 outposts, simply go to State of Decay\Game\libs\class3\rts folder and then delete the file called homesitelimits.win.bmd.
Ready to Play Settings:
If you wish to get into the zombie apocalypse right away and not waste time choosing your own settings, you can just use the Classic Dread or the Modern Dread modes!
1. Choose whether you want a classic slow zombie apocalypse or a fast modern one.
Extra-ClassicDreadMode.zip for slow Romero zombie apocalypse.
Extra-ModernDreadMode.zip for fast modern zombie apocalypse.
2. Right click on your choice and choose "Extract Here".
3. Play the game and have fun!
* To Uninstall the George Romero Mod, simply delete these files:
-> Everything inside the folder, too many to list here.
IV. Current Optional Features:
1. Slow Classic Romero Zombies and Modern Fast Zombies - you can now choose whether your game will be inhabited by slow Romero zombies or fast modern zombies!
2. Vehicles: Enable/Disable Zombie Collision Damage - if enabled, when running over zombies with a vehicle, it should not take damage. The vehicle will only take damage when you let the zombie hang on to your vehicle (because they'll keep hitting it or ripping it apart). Of course, the vehicle will also get damaged if you bump into walls, rocks, and other vehicles.
3. Increased Zombie Population - zombie population has increased. For best effect, try making a lot of noise in places without outposts, especially in towns! Firing your loud gun will really attract a lot of zombies!
4. Optional Extra Outposts - if you use the MoreOutposts18.zip file, even the warehouse homebase can have up to 18 outposts! Other home bases still require testing but I believe they also have an increased number of outposts. You won't see the extra outposts in your journal/stats book so you'll have to just keep making them.
5. Deadlight - do you want to attract lots of zombies but you've already run out of bullets and things that can make loud noises? No problem! Your flashlight has been converted into a "Deadlight"! Simply turn it on/off repeatedly and zombies will start shambling towards your location! It's fun to use to cause other survivors trouble as you hide in a safe place!
6. Weak Vehicles - are you tired of abusing vehicles as tools of zombie extermination? Use this feature if you want a little more challenge! Vehicles will get easily damaged if you use them to crush zombies frequently. The big group of zombies might not seem so tempting to run over anymore! Running over three hordes worth of zombies will put your vehicle in a dangerous state!
7. Classic Dread Mode - custom settings recreating the classic George Romero feeling of dread. Zombies are slow and tougher to kill, using the flashlight will attract zombies, firing your guns will attract lots zombies, it only takes one bite or two claw attacks from zombies to put you in critical condition, and vehicles are easily destroyed.
8. Modern Dread Mode - custom settings for a modern version of the zombie apocalypse. Zombies are fast and tougher to kill, using the flashlight will attract zombies, firing your guns will attract lots zombies, it only takes one bite or two claw attacks from zombies to put you in critical condition, and vehicles are easily destroyed.
9. Fatal Attacks - were zombie bites and scratches non-threatening to you? Use the Fatal Attacks feature if you want each zombie encounter to have a potentially deadly consequence! One bite will put you in critical condition, while two scratches from them will be enough to put you down!
10. Loud Firearms - use this feature if you want each decision to fire your gun really have importance. One shot is enough to alert and attract zombies from a wide area, just like in the Romero movies!
Q1: The mod is not working the way it's supposed to!
- Please make sure you are only using one mod at a time. Using multiple mods at once may cause files to overwrite each other, causing strange effects.
- The game continues to change since it's just in Early Access. This means that mods may or may not work during different versions of the game.
Q2: Some faraway zombies have strange animations!
- Although they don't happen too often, you may notice them occasionally. I'm still not sure why they do that. Hopefully later versions of the game and the George Romero mod will be able to solve this riddle.
Q3: My game crashes when using the George Romero mod!
- Make sure you are not using any other mods because using multiple mods from different people can overwrite certain files, therefore causing a crash.
- Make sure that you don't delete levels\Class3\level.pak. This level.pak file is important in that directory and the game will crash without it.
Q4: The MoreOutposts18 mod seem to decrease the amount of my resources!
- This is a side effect of the changes made in the file. Simply remove the homesitelimits.win.bmd file located in the State of Decay\Game\libs\class3\rts folder to return things to normal.
Thanks to atxoxx and DeeJay for finding out about the zombie population properties and giving the idea to use a hex editor for BMD files! Thanks also to the people who remembered me for my George Romero mod for Dead Island and Riptide! Thanks as well to the Undead Labs community for appreciating the George Romero mod!
Credits: Adeno - mod maker.
George Romero - the creator of the Living Dead series.
George Romero - the creator of the Living Dead series.
|File Name: GeorgeRomeroModSODTEST09.zip|| Author: Adeno
|File Size: 1.30 MB||Files Added: 17|
|Downloads: 114 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 573 (31 last week)|
|Posted: 08.11.2013||Supporters: 0 (+1 Add)|