Mod: George Romero Mod T14 "Friends" Update 1
This mod aims to recreate the world of the undead as envisioned by the father of zombie movies, George Romero. The Romero zombies are the classic slow shambling zombies who only want to eat your flesh. They are very persistent and the only way to kill the
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Game: State of Decay
Mod: George Romero Mod
Version: Test 14
Tested On: State of Decay Official Release
Date: Nov. 26, 2013
Original Thread: http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?33990-George-Romero-Mod-(Experiment)
- Screamer now properly walks.
- Slow Zombies' Army Zombie has been set to slow.
- Even More Zombies now has a Medium version.
- There is now a Durable Free Melee Weapons version.
- Special Zombies have been disabled in Classic and Modern Dread/Easy/Hell modes.
- All Hell modes have been updated with Fatal Attacks Extreme and Black Fever.
- All Easy modes have been updated with More Enclaves with Extra Ammo.
- Re-added standalone LoudFirearms.
Latest Optional Features:
- More Enclaves: With or without Extra Ammo and weapons
- Disable/Enable Special Zombies: Variants of More Enclaves.
- Fatal Attacks Extreme: Immediate death, almost no chance to get out of critical condition.
- Black Fever: Get to near death state and you'll suffer from Black Fever.
- Sick World: Every living person has Black Fever right from the start.
- Rambo: Items have no weight, even small bags can carry up to 10 items, and maximum ammo per type has been increased to 255.
- Three Zombie Types: Classic Romero Zombies, Modern Fast Zombies, and Default Zombies.
- Hell Mode: Classic, Modern, and Normal versions.
- Dread Mode: Classic, Modern, and Normal versions.
- Easy Dread Mode: Classic, Modern, and Normal versions.
- Zombie Population: More Zombies and Less Zombies.
- Even More/Less Zombies and Even More Zombies Lite, Medium versions.
- Enable/Disable Vehicle Damage: Slow, Fast, Default Zombie versions.
- Weak Vehicle: Slow, Fast, Default Zombie versions.
- Fatal Attacks: With or without Loud Firearms.
- Loud Firearms.
- More Outposts.
- Fulci Vision: No more red tint covering the screen during violent deaths!
- Durable Free All Weapons: Items don't cost influence anymore and they are more durable!
- Durable Free Melee Weapons: Only melee weapons don't cost influence anymore and they are more durable!
- Free Fast Service: Services you order via radio or at the base are free and fast!
- Easy Skills: Max up your skills by just doing it once!
- More Rewards: Side missions will give you more influence and morale!
Table of Contents:
III. Choosing How You Want to Experience State of Decay
IV. Current Optional Features
This mod aims to recreate the world of the undead as envisioned by the father of zombie movies, George Romero. The Romero zombies are the classic slow shambling zombies who only want to eat your flesh. They are very persistent and the only way to kill them is by destroying the brain or causing severe damage to the head. The living dead series by George Romero is known for the atmosphere of dread, where even though zombies are slow and weak, they eventually catch up to the humans who end up going against each other due to their personal desires.
Modern Fast Zombies have also been added as another choice for gamers to use. I believe that giving gamers the ability to choose how they want to experience a game is the best way to make them happy.
* You must have a program called WinRAR or WinZIP to extract ZIP and RAR files. *
* As much as possible, please try to use only one mod at a time. Mods that affect the same files will overwrite each other and may cause undesirable effects. *
* It is always recommended to make a back-up of any files that any mod can replace. *
* It is recommended to start a NEW GAME when trying out the population and enclaves features, including the Classic, Modern, and Normal Dread Modes. *
* Any file with *START NEW GAME* means you should start a New Game to make it work and not to use it in an old save file.
1. Copy GeorgeRomeroModSODT14.zip to your State of Decay\Game folder.
2. Right Click on GeorgeRomeroModSODT14.zip and choose "Extract Here".
3. You will see the following .zip files in your Game folder:
07-MoreZombies.zip *START NEW GAME*
08-LessZombies.zip *START NEW GAME*
28-MoreEnclaves.zip *START NEW GAME*
29-MoreEnclavesExtraAmmo.zip *START NEW GAME*
30-MoreEnclavesNoSpecialZombies.zip *START NEW GAME*
31-MoreEnclavesExtraAmmoNoSpecialZombies.zip *START NEW GAME*
32-MoreEnclavesSWATOnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
33-MoreEnclavesExtraAmmoSWATOnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
34-MoreEnclavesBLOATEROnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
35-MoreEnclavesExtraAmmoBLOATEROnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
36-MoreEnclavesFATOnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
37-MoreEnclavesExtraAmmoFATOnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
38-MoreEnclavesFERALOnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
39-MoreEnclavesExtraAmmoFERALOnly.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-ClassicDreadMode.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-ClassicDreadModeEasy.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-ClassicHellMode.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-ModernDreadMode.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-ModernDreadModeEasy.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-ModernHellMode.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-NormalDreadMode.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-NormalDreadModeEasy.zip *START NEW GAME*
EXTRA-NormalHellMode.zip *START NEW GAME*
4. Now it is time for you to decide on how you want to experience State of Decay!
III. Choosing How You Want to Experience State of Decay:
Each zip file is named according to what feature it gives to the game. Let's say that you want to only have slow classic Romero type of zombies. Here's what you do:
1. Right click on 01-SlowZombies.zip.
2. Choose "Extract Here".
That's it! You don't have to worry about file structures and other things because I've done the hard work for you. All you do is pick out which options you want to have in the game and extract them, it's that simple!
You want to have a State of Decay experience where all the zombies are fast, your vehicle won't get damaged by running over zombies, and you also want zombies to deal fatal damage to you while gun shots are very loud. Here's what you do:
1. Right click 02-FastZombies.zip and choose "Extract Here". This will make zombies in the game fast!
2. Right click 04-DisableVehicleCollisionDamage.zip and then choose "Extract Here". You can now run over as many fast zombies as you want!
3. Right click 10-FatalAttacksLoudFirearms.zip and choose "Extract Here".
4. Good job, now you can play the game!
Ready to Play Settings:
If you wish to get into the zombie apocalypse right away and not waste time choosing your own settings, you can just use the Classic Dread, Modern Dread, or Normal Dread modes!
1. Choose whether you want a classic slow zombie apocalypse or a fast modern one, or maybe even the default State of Decay that's just harder.
EXTRA-ClassicDreadMode.zip for a harder slow Romero zombie apocalypse.
EXTRA-ModernDreadMode.zip for a harder fast modern zombie apocalypse.
EXTRA-NormalDreadMode.zip for a harder default version of the game.
2. Right click on your choice and choose "Extract Here".
3. Play the game and have fun!
* To Uninstall the George Romero Mod, simply delete these files:
- This is used for Fulci Vision.
- These are used for Fatal Attacks.
- This is part of the Zombie Population files.
- This one's used for More Rewards.
- This one's used for Free Fast Service.
- This one's used for Even More/Less Zombies.
- This one's used for Durable Free Weapons and Rambo.
- This one's used for Easy Skills.
- This is used for Black Fever and Sick World.
- This is used for all More Enclaves files.
- This is used for Zombie Population.
- This is used for Free Fast Services.
- This is used for Zombie speeds and animation.
- These are used for Vehicle Collisions and Zombie Population.
- This is used for Deadlight.
-> Everything inside the folder, too many to list here.
- These are used for Loud Firearms and Fatal Attacks with Loud Firearms.
IV. Current Optional Features:
1. Slow Classic Romero Zombies, Modern Fast Zombies, Default Zombies - you can now choose whether your game will be inhabited by slow Romero zombies or fast modern zombies! Additionally, you can also choose to use the Default zombie settings.
2. Vehicles: Enable/Disable Zombie Collision Damage - you can now disable or enable vehicular damage when you run over zombies. Fulfill your road rage fantasies by driving near invincible vehicles!
3. More, Less Zombie Population - you can now set the game to have more zombies to resemble a more apocalyptic vision, or you can choose to have less zombies if you wish to explore undisturbed. You'll see lots of zombies the louder the noise you make!
4. Even More Zombies - if you're not yet satisfied with the normal increase in ambient zombies, you can use Even More Zombies! Missions and side missions alike will now have massive amounts of zombies that it wouldn't be normally possible for you to take them all on! Even More Zombies comes in two versions, the normal one and the Lite version. The Lite version will only increase the zombie population to at least twice the normal maximum amount. The Medium version is four times the normal amount.
5. Even Less Zombies - if you want a worry free exploration of the world and not worrying about having to kill too many zombies during missions, use this. There will almost be no zombies during missions and you'll be able to finish them faster.
6. Optional Extra Outposts - if you use the More Outposts feature, home bases will have the ability to store increased supplies as well as create more outposts than usual! This is good if you want to "conquer" territories from zombies.
7. Deadlight - do you want to attract lots of zombies but you've already run out of bullets and things that can make loud noises? No problem! Your flashlight has been converted into a "Deadlight"! Simply turn it on/off repeatedly and zombies will start shambling towards your location! It's fun to use to cause other survivors trouble as you hide in a safe place!
8. Weak Vehicles - are you tired of abusing vehicles as tools of zombie extermination? Use this feature if you want a little more challenge! Vehicles will get easily damaged if you use them to crush zombies frequently. The big group of zombies might not seem so tempting to run over anymore!
9. Classic Dread Mode - custom settings recreating the classic George Romero feeling of dread. Zombies are slow and tougher to kill, using the flashlight will attract zombies, firing your guns will attract lots zombies, it only takes one bite or two claw attacks from zombies to put you in critical condition, and vehicles are easily destroyed. Special zombies won't show up unless they're part of a mission.
10. Modern Dread Mode - custom settings for a modern version of the zombie apocalypse. Zombies are fast and tougher to kill, using the flashlight will attract zombies, firing your guns will attract lots zombies, it only takes one bite or two claw attacks from zombies to put you in critical condition, and vehicles are easily destroyed. Special zombies won't show up unless they're part of a mission.
11. Normal Dread Mode - custom settings using the default State of Decay vision of a zombie apocalypse. You will encounter both slow and fast zombies that are tougher to kill, using the flashlight will attract zombies, firing your guns will attract lots of zombies, it only takes one bite or two claw attacks from zombies to put you in critical condition, and vehicles are easily destroyed. Special zombies won't show up unless they're part of a mission.
12. Easy Dread Mode Versions - the Classic, Modern, and Normal Dread modes come with an easy version. The easy version adds near invincible vehicles, Durable Free Weapons, Free Fast Service, Easy Skills, More Rewards, More Enclaves with Extra Ammo Without Special Zombies, and More Outposts features.
13. Hell Mode Versions - the Classic, Modern, and Normal modes now have Hell Mode versions. In Hell Mode, zombie attacks are extremely fatal, vehicles are weak, and there are even more zombies than usual! Fortunately, your weapons are very durable and you'll be able to use whatever weapon to fight off the almost impossible odds. If you get hurt a lot because a zombie took a bite out of you or you got too close to dying, you will suffer from Black Fever, which is a near terminal case and sometimes, the infected person will have to be shot in the head. Hell Mode doesn't use Loud Firearms nor Deadlight, so firing your guns will function normally. Hell Mode doesn't need those to create an atmosphere of despair. There is almost no hope for survival.
14. Fatal Attacks - were zombie bites and scratches non-threatening to you? Use the Fatal Attacks feature if you want each zombie encounter to have a potentially deadly consequence! One bite will put you in critical condition, while two scratches from them will be enough to put you down! The Fatal Attacks Extreme version means almost instant death and even one zombie will be enough to tear you apart if you don't manage to escape fast enough.
15. Loud Firearms - use this feature if you want each decision to fire your gun really have importance. One shot is enough to alert and attract zombies from a wide area, just like in the Romero movies!
16. Fulci Vision - named after Lucio Fulci, considered to be the "Godfather of Gore", Fulci Vision removes the red tint that covers the entire screen when somebody is dying a horrible death. You can now see the brutality of someone dying as they get torn apart by zombies!
17. Durable Free Weapons - have you ever wondered why in the world your character can't take a weapon from the safe when your friends are being attacked just because you ran out of influence? Worry no more! With the Durable Free Weapons feature, all weapons don't cost influence to take anymore! Melee weapons' durability has also been boosted to last 10 times longer than usual! This also comes in a Durable Free Melee Weapons version where only melee weapons are free but the rest are not.
18. Free Fast Service - asking your friends for help over the radio shouldn't cost you anything, especially since you're actually helping them gather supplies and kill zombies! With the Free Fast Service feature, your friends become real friends and they don't charge you anything for the radio service. You can also quickly build facilities at home!
19. Easy Skills - leveling up skills can be so tedious. It's even more frustrating once the character you have taken care of gets torn apart by a Feral in a few seconds! With Easy Skills, leveling up your abilities will be very easy! Just perform them once or twice and you'll max them up!
20. More Rewards - sometimes, you feel like you aren't being appreciated properly by your friends despite risking your life to get some food for them. Worry no more! With the More Rewards feature, the rewards that you get from side missions will be greater than usual! You won't have to worry about influence anymore!
21. More Enclaves - do you feel lonely that there are almost no other survivors around to interact with? With More Enclaves, there will always be other people minding their own business or trying to make friends with you! They'll also ask you for favors often, so be ready to help out if you can! Even if they don't give you missions, you'll sometimes encounter them outside as they try to fight off a horde or as they run off to wherever they're going. Sometimes, they'll even hang out in your home base! More Enclaves also has a lot of versions. You can have extra ammo and weapons in the enclave lockers of almost every type if you wish. You can also disable all special zombies or only enable the type that you want to encounter in the wild.
22. Black Fever - being bitten by a zombie is no joke! This is usually the start of someone's slow journey towards becoming a zombie himself! With Black Fever, any character who gets too close to death, not just zombie bites, will suffer from Black Fever. They'll start coughing and vomiting. They won't be too useful for the entire group at all! Maybe you'll have to shoot them in the head before they become a zombie? Fortunately, if you have a good enough medical station, there's a very small chance that the Black Fever will go away. A doctor can also heal someone with Black Fever to temporarily delay his inevitable death.
23. Sick World - have you ever wondered how come there are still lots of uninfected people walking around? Now's your chance to give everyone the Black Fever! With Sick World, every character in the game, right from the beginning, is suffering from Black Fever! Who knows who will become a zombie next or who will need that mercy shot tomorrow! Survivors continue to fight for their lives, but is there really any hope?
24. Rambo - ever felt like just going on a rampage like a certain Vietnam War hero? Arm yourself with above average human strength and the ability to carry a lot of ammo with the Rambo feature! Carry as much weapons of skull obliteration as you want! Become a one man zombie extermination army! Become Rambo!
Q1: The mod is not working the way it's supposed to!
- Please make sure you are only using one mod at a time. Using multiple mods from different authors at once may cause files to overwrite each other, causing strange effects.
- Start a New Game.
- The game continues to change every update it receives. This means that mods may or may not work during different versions of the game.
Q2: My game crashes when using the George Romero mod!
- Make sure you are not using any other mods because using multiple mods from different people can overwrite certain files, therefore causing a crash.
- Try to start a new game.
- If starting a new game you still encounter a crash, uninstall the George Romero mod first. Start a new game and then get to the church by doing the first mission and then save. Install the George Romero mod.
Q3: When using Even More Zombies, sometimes I can't hit the zombies!
- There seems to be a limitation set by the game as to how many "active" zombies can exist at once. This means that even though you see hundreds of zombies and it becomes too crowded, the active zombies are usually the ones nearest to you. It's just the way the game was designed.
Q4: When using More Enclaves, I loaded an old game but it got messed up!
- Certain features of the George Romero mod require a fresh New Game, and this includes all the More Enclaves variations. Please check the installation section of this ReadMe file to find out which files require a New Game.
Q5: Where can I find the latest version of the George Romero mod?
Thanks to atxoxx and DeeJay for finding out about the zombie population properties and giving the idea to use a hex editor for BMD files! Thanks also goes to Phacops for helping me remove the red tint for Fulci Vision. Special thanks to grimreefer24601 and dude1234 for making the BMD Editor and XML to BMD compiler that I now use.
Thanks to ~Silver, Slain Necros, Adejam, BuzzLiteBeer, tobu24, Hitom, jwideman, and chaz for helping me do some Enclaves tests.
Thanks also to the people who remembered me for my George Romero mod for Dead Island and Riptide! Thanks as well to the Undead Labs community for appreciating the George Romero mod!
Credits: Adeno - author.
George Romero - maker of the living dead series.
George Romero - maker of the living dead series.
|File Name: GeorgeRomeroModSODT14_1.zip|| Author: Adeno
|File Size: 9.21 MB||Files Added: 17|
|Downloads: 10 (3 last week)||Author Downloads: 482 (32 last week)|
|Posted: 26.11.2013||Supporters: 0 (+1 Add)|