The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut Cheats & Codes
Access the console by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Tilde and enter the cheat codes.
||Turns clipping off
||loads map X,where X is the name of the map (Check the ContentWorlds directory for possible maps, including fight, a test map, and AnimShowroom, the secret you unlock by collecting all of the packs of smokes.)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut Hints, Tips
- Animation Show Room option
- Collect all 62 smoke packs to unlock the "Animation Show Room" option at the "Extra Content" menu.
- Commentary mode
- Successfully complete the game on the easy or normal difficulty setting to unlock Commentary mode.
- Hard difficulty
- Successfully complete the game on the easy or normal difficulty setting to unlock the hard difficulty setting.
- Regaining health
- Your health is divided up into squares. When you are damaged, the square will start to minimize. At any time you can recharge the last square to the right that is not fully depleted by waiting awhile. This can be done at any time, but it only recharges your current square. This works faster while crouching.
- Asif's stash in Feed Ward
- You will be asked by a couple persons to get an item of theirs (an injector and a red tube). Both these can be found by following Asif after buying a shiv from his friend. If you are near him when he hides the money you paid for the shiv, he attacks and you are killed by the rail defenses. When you see him go into the back of the Feed Ward, move away and wait in the area where there are the guards beating up an inmate. When Asif comes into the area, kill him, then go to the back of the Feed Ward to find a loose panel. The red tube and injector are there, along with the 30 U.D. you paid to get the shiv.
- Tranq. Gun when riding the rail
- When you are riding the rail, there is a ladder beside it. Go down it and kill the guard in front. Then, go to the ladder in front of you. There should be a Tranq. Gun here.
- Tranq. Gun in Upper Mines
- You can buy a Tranq. Gun from one of the inmates before you enter the Upper Mines. It is 50 U.D. You can test it on him if desired, and he will not attack. Tranq. Guns are useful for stunning enemies and stopping the Riot Guard that goes around in the Upper Mines.
- Beating on other inmates
- In the Rec. Ward or fighting ring area, by just punching someone once then backing away for a short while, you can hurt an inmate and not get killed by the rail defenses. If you have enough patience, you can kill an inmate. It will take a while.
- Sneaking around
- If you are trying to avoid being seen either by guards or guns mounted on the wall, go into stealth mode and shoot the lights out to make everything dark. This is useful for sneaking behind people to break their necks, etc.
- Defeating the Riot Guards
- In order to defeat the Riot Guards, you have to shoot them in the back. It is recommended that you get close to them and strafe sideways while shooting them in the back. They are slow and cannot keep up. In addition, do not forget to pick up the Riot Guard's minigun.
- Defeating Hoxie's Red Mechs
- When you fight Hoxie's Red Mechs, pick up the mini gun. Get the mechs in a line so they cannot hit you and shoot away.
- Defeating the Heavy Riot Guards
- At the Loading Dock, you cannot hope to take this monster out with any weapon. Your best bet is to get the minigun before entering the Loading Dock and shooting the explosive canisters that are circulating over the guard. Make sure to stay out of the line of fire. Keep hitting the canisters until the guard falls.
At the Fuel Station, circle around Heavy Riot Guard counter-clockwise and blast the fuel tanks on the rail above it. You do not need a direct hit to blow it up, but it will speed up the process.