Mod: Detailed Terrain 0.2 Beta
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: All Downloads (1180) Patches (13) | Mods (1128) | Maps (5) | Movies (24) | Others (10)
This mod blends terrain textures so there are no sharp cutoff's. It's hard to explain - it a great improvement in image quality. It is based off of QTPIII, so you need that mod. This is an omod file, so you need Oblivion Mod Manager as well.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Detailed Terrain updates the technology used to render the game's terrain textures. The traditional shader simply fades from one texture to the next, creating ugly, muddy looking transitions in many areas. The new shader uses alpha information added to each landscape texture to mask the textures when they are blended with the textures below them, producing crisp beautiful transitions that give the illusion of much greater detail in texture application. What�s more, this effect is achieved with practically no impact on performance!
Bugs & Issues
This is the first release of this mod, and the objective of the release is for players to test the project, look for bugs, bad textures, shader issues, hardware incompatibilities, and anything else that should turn up.
Credits & Thanks
Algorithm & Textures: ChainsawXIV
Shader Implementation: Zeroed
The textures included in this mod are based on the terrain textures in Qarl's Texture Pack III, and have been updated to include alpha channels with appropriate masking patterns.
Detailed Terrain comes packed as an OMOD file, for use with Oblivion Mod Manager. This format allows for easy management of the mod's content, and is also used to update the game's shaders. You must have Oblivion Mod Manager installed to use this mod. Once you have OMM, follow these simple instructions:
1. Double-click the "Detailed Terrain (Beta).omod" file - it will open in Oblivion Mod Manager automatically.
2. Select the mod on the list on OMM, and then click the Activate button. This will begin the process of unpacking the mod's files.
3. If you are using Qarl's Texture pack, you will receive an overwrite warning. Detailed Terrain upgrades Qarl's landscape textures, so you should choose to overwrite all the files in question.
4. When everything is finished unpacking, you're done. Simply click on the Launch Oblivion button to play.
|File Name: Detailed_Terrain_(Beta).omod|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 128.58 MB||Files Added: 9,769|
|Downloads: 525 (0 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,371,331 (42,966 last week)|
|Posted: 13.02.2008||Supporters: n/a|