Mod: Enter the Shinobi 1.4
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: All Downloads (1180) Patches (13) | Mods (1128) | Maps (5) | Movies (24) | Others (10)
A relatively small quest mod that adds new ninja weapons and armor. The quest is good with traps and riddles. But hardcore lore freaks may not like that the out of place ninja styling.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Name: Ninja - Enter the Shinobi
Category: Dungeons and Locations
Requirements: Oblivion Patch 1.1.511, 7zip
Recommended: Oblivion Mod Manager
New Quest, weapons, armor and dynamically challenging environment with riddles, traps and custom enemies for the high level player. It is meant to be played from a new game, but the quest itself should be attempted by the higher level player. A certain amount of role-playing is required. It is for high level players looking for a new challenge, low level players will find it extremely challenging, but for the quick witted thief, it will prove to be a very challenging temptation. Ideally level 30 or above should attempt the quest as upon reaching that level, some new weapon variants will become available to the PC Ninja.
Frans, MMM, most likely OOO (need to be confirmed) + heaps of other mods ( I use well over 150 mods) although mods that change archery stats in Game Settings in the CS will possibly become defunct, so use this in the load order after those mods.
I also highly suggest that you use a mod like MMM and/or Frans latest to go along with this to introduce more enemies and generally make game-playing harder as you will enjoy this mod better as you progress in level. It will be over powered with vanilla oblivion. I also use this mod with
Northeast of Rielle lies "The Forgotten Shrine of Shinobi"
In Depth Description
In a land to the east of Tamriel that has seen many battles, host to races older than that of the Aylieds and birth of Akavari Lore. A land where fearsome warriors and lethal Assassins. The land of Shogun and Ninjas, rebellious warriors, often employed in secret by Shinobi lords for their own machinations against their rivals.
You are Ninja. Shinobi Warrior.
You awake in a dungeon Cell, not quite sure why you're there, the last thing you remember was you were sent to assassinate the Emperor of Cyrodiil in an attempt to thwart the growing threat to the lands of the East. But something went wrong, someone tipped off the guards, your disguise was compromised. You suddenly come to the realisation that you may have failed your clan?
You look to the table, and you see a note lying on the table, you recognise the seal, it is from the Grand Master, and there-in begins your adventure as a Ninja.
Your mission is enclosed within the sealed orders, and to your right you notice two smuggled bags, just out of sight of the guards. The Grandmaster awaits your presence, a lost artifact has been stolen and you must recover the stolen items, the Shinjii Ninja have followed you over land and sea, and now they have set up a base in Cyrodiil and as part of your initiation, you must prove your worth to the Grand Master. This is part of the larger mission of which you have been chosen to undertake and The Grandmaster has given these details in your note he smuggled into your cell.
"Enter The Shinobi" provides the player with a challenging quest designed for high level players, or for those with a bit
more experience. It offers dynamically challenging enemy Ninjas of the Shinjii clan. The player will need to overcome/survive the interactive environment I have created, known as The �Forgotten Shrine of Shinobi�, a kind of obstacle course in the Quest for the Sacred Ninjato of Shinobi. The player will also have to acquire several new weapons in which he will need to overcome the Shinjii Ninja which are custom designed and hand placed so will not interfere with OOO, Frans or MMM. The weapons are visible, but a little puzzle solving, well actually quite a lot of puzzle solving involving riddles with deadly consequences to the players. Also watch out for new dynamic style traps I have designed, well more implemented as part of the environment. I suggest saving often.
New Weapon Meshes and textures with scripted damage enchantments have been introduced, all credit to Cultbrain, Adonnay, Severian1984, Cryo, Hobbs, Frantic, Reneer, Marcos Amengal.
The new weapons include and in no order, a brand new bow mesh created by Cultbrain, these re-curve bows are in four types (maybe a little modern for lore freaks, but the Ninja in Tamriel are far more advanced in their weapons than those of
1. Standard Ninja Re-curve bow (non enchanted and a Camouflaged version as well)
2. Camouflage Re-curve Bow (non-enchanted and enchanted versions custom scripted by Adonnay)
3. Bow of Shinobi (with new enchantments custom scripted by Adonnay)
4. Bow of the Assassin (with new enchantment by Hobbs)
5. All bows created by Cultbrain and original dark retextured for this mod
6. New Arrows as well using custom meshes made by Adonnay, retextured by me, using textures from Adonnay, Xian, Viper Anaf and Cryo;
7. Camouflage Arrows, (with new enchantments custom scripted by Adonnay)
8. Assassin Arrows, (with new enchantments custom scripted by Hobbs)
9. Arrows of Shinobi (with new enchantments custom scripted by Adonnay)
10. Non-enchanted versions of all arrows as well. Object enchantments are also present on all weapons.
11.Najinata - Najinata of Shinobi (mesh and texture by Marcos Armengol)
12. Also a new type of Arrow, the Ninja Stun Arrow which has the ability to knockout your enemies based on your agility, luck and marksman skill (based on Reneer�s Knockout Arrows Beta - works 100% btw)
13. The Sacred Ninjato of Shinobi (Mesh by Cryo, texture by Severian1984), dual wield Assassin Kodachi, Katana (from Severian1984), Najinata of Shinobi (mesh and texture by Marcos Armengol) � enchanted versions are part of the quest and/or are in leveled lists available from the Grandmaster once you have gained more experience. The enchanted Assassin Kodachi has a percentage chance of assassinating your enemies or dealing significant backstab damage while sneaking - % based. The enchantments are based on a % of damaging either evil creatures, daedric and or undead. They are not 1 hit/insta-kill enchantments. The enchanted weapons are not available at start game, and measures have been taken so only the very serious low level character may obtain these items, and if they do, all due credit to the player that does without cheating.
14. The weapons have been tweaked by myself and reflect stats similar of daedric, but are in no way unbalanced; remembering these weapons are usually the only ones used by a Ninja and will be up to the individual to role-play this aspect �warning; imagination required!!!
15. I have made dynamic changes to arrow flight and range of arrows from the Bows as well. Arrows now stay in the environment longer and you have an increased chance of recovering non enchanted types from fallen foes.
16. The range of arrows has been doubled of all arrows for both PC and NPC�s, so watch out against enemy archers. Also the trajectory of arrows has been improved to reflect the advanced design of the Ninja Re-curve Bows. In short, they are faster, can fire faster, arrows travel further and are more accurate. They are deadly but not overpowered. They are also relatively priced due to their power/abilities and sold in sometimes limited amounts. All weapons exist in their own leveled lists which are available from the Grandmaster Ninja with the assassin variants available at LVL 20..
17. Apple Grenades � In the custom of the poisoned apple which I also changed, I have created (thanks to Frantic) close proximity remotely detonated explosive apples designed to assassinate single targets and also a stun variant to knockout targets. All these apple grenades are able to be moved via the Ninja�s Psionic ability of telekinesis.
New armors have been introduced, all credit to Xcessive, Severian1984, Officer Half, Alienslof, Xian, Dimitri Mazieres and Cryo for meshes and textures.
1. Camouflage Ninja Armor � full piece and separated DB style
2. Shinobi Ninja Armor - full piece and separated DB style
3. Snow Dragon Ninja Armor -full piece and separated DB style
4. All armors are enchanted.
5. Ninja Breaker created by ModelMan with retexture by Biometal.
6. Off hand Kodachi by Severian1984.
7. There is one issue with the Camouflage texture by Officer Half, and it is a small issue where sometimes the texture will not show on the armor, but by un-equipping and re-equipping the armor it resolves the issue. There is no fix for this that I am aware of, and you may not experience the issue, so doesn�t worry about it, it�s not major and I don�t know why
this issue occurs either?�
8. Remember your enemies will be wearing these armors as well.
New Ninja abilities have been custom scripted as well. These abilities reflect the intense training undertaken since very early childhood. These abilities are inherent in a modified version of the Shadow Birth sign, of which all Ninjas of the Shinobi Clan are born under.
1. �Infravision� allows the Ninja to see in the dark at will.
2. �Shinobi Keen Senses� allows the player to detect life up to 75 feet at will.
3. �Shinobi�s Water to Solids� allows the Ninja to walk on water as if it were a solid surface at will.
4. �Shinobi's Aqueous Transmission� allows the Ninja to be able to hold one�s breath indefinitely at will.
5. �Ninja Psionic Force� allows the Ninja to use force of will to manipulate objects with their mind.
6. �Shinobi's Meditation� allows the Ninja to recover health and fatigue over time. (a little unbalancing at first, but at later levels this fails in comparison with a high level restoration ability but is not the focus of this mod)
7. Ninja Defense � �Shield of the Elements� allows the Ninja to focus their will into a force shield providing limited protection against magical attacks and elemental effects.
8. �Blessing of Shinobi� augments certain skills of the Ninja � acrobatics, sneaking and marksman, quintessential skills of all Ninjas and the underlying basic fundamental skills surrounding their training.
9. Shinobi�s Arrow � Once per day, call forth an arrow of deadly capability with the ability to slain your target, Power lasts for only 30 secs, so use it wisely and it is only once per day... so choose your target well and aim true :)
A new class called, �Ninja� has also been created.
I have changed the effects of the poisoned apple giving the Master Alchemist the ability to create a poison from the apple instead of a potion so it may be used in combat. (Alchemy is a major skill in the Ninja Class.)
Also further enhancing the alchemy ability, specially created Ninja Alchemist equipment, lightweight and highly augmented allows the Ninja to create potent potions and poisons to use against their foes.
The Grandmaster Ninja is a NPC whom sells you items, spells and training and can repair your items. The Grandmaster Ninja also give you the quest when you feel ready to prove yourself.
The Grandmaster sells you weapons, ammunition, armor, items and spells based on your level.
Spells at the moment are as follows:
* Shinobi's Distraction � literally confuse your enemies and stir them into a frenzied panic � ideal if you come across multiple enemies or a large group
* Shinobi's Manipulation � Bend other humanoids and creatures to your will at a loss to your stamina
* Shinobi's Charm � Fool others into fighting beside you or for your cause. Ideal if you are going into a tough situation and need a hand
* Shinobi's Energy Transference � Heal your companions with a loss of fatigue due to the exertion transferring your life-force
* Shinobi's Lock-pick � at a great exertion of force you are able to pick hard locks if you happen to run out of lock picks.
All weapons and certain other items, including the Ninja�s apparatus�s are available as the Ninja progresses in level from the Grandmaster and may not be bought sooner. This is to introduce incentive without intentionally making the game unbalancing.
New Dynamically Challenging and Dangerous Environment
The Forgotten Shrine of Shinobi is a new creation Northeast of Rielle, and is a magical place of worship, giving life to Japanese Maple trees enabling them to grow in an otherwise harsh environment. Although it is beautiful as it is deadly.
The Ninjas of Shinobi Clan were known for their deception, and everything is not as it seems. Ever fearful of an invading army of Aylieds, the Ninja used the Sacred Shrine of Shinobi as a base of operations to launch their stealth attacks against the Aylieds, and often lured their enemies into the shrine, from where they never returned�
A small quest for the PC Ninja has also been created; the player must rescue the Sacred Ninjato of Shinobi from The Shinjii Ninja Clan who have stolen this sacred artifact and its case where it rests. Having fortified themselves in Rielle, they guard the Ninjato unaware that it is indeed already heavily protected, so they have sent scouts to try to discover how to open the case and use it against the inhabitants of Cyrodiil. The player must discover the sacred weapons of the Shinobi Clan hidden in Rielle if they hope to overcome the Shinjii Ninja, and then recover the Sacred Ninjato before they discover its secret powers and use it to further their evil plans. The Grandmaster has charged the PC Ninja with the quest, and the PC Ninja must overcome many obstacles, solve many riddles, find hidden keys and overcome the enemy before reinforcements arrive at Rielle before it is too late�
(Enemies will respawn too)
Along the way, you will discover new weapons, dynamic enemy Ninjas and a dangerous environment, and an enchanted ring, but most of all, a challenge not seen before in Oblivion. You will be greatly rewarded for your efforts due to the lengths you will have to go to complete the quest.
Shinjii Ninjas� x3 variants, dependant on location wearing different armor
- Interior wear Shinobi armor, specialize in melee with Ninjato, Archer�s using Re-curve Bows with Ninja Arrows and wielding dual Kodachi for melee
- Exterior wear Shinobi armor and in Snowy Area Snow Dragon Armor; specialize in melee with Najinata with very long reach, Archer�s using Re-curve Bows with Ninja Arrows and wielding dual Kodachi for melee
-Special - Assassin Shinjii Ninja in Shinobi Armor using chameleon and attack when the player is in close proximity, but otherwise not visible due to chameleon effect. These guys will attack with dual wield Kodachi.
Enemy NPC Ninjas are highly trained and should not be approached by low level players without some means of poisons or serious offense at their disposal. NPC�s are static levels, and have been hand placed in and around the �Forgotten Shrine of Shinobi�.
The shrine itself was an outpost of The Shinobi Ninja�s and was since abandoned when the Aylieds were overthrown. However it�s defenses were never dismantled, and they were somewhat more advanced than those of the Aylieds themselves as the Ninja were secretly sabotaging the Aylieds in an attempt to secure the western front as the Aylieds were rumored to be making plans to invade the lands of the East.
You have been chosen by The Grandmaster. You are to become Ninja. Warrior of Shinobi!
********This is my first mod; pls forgive any fundamental mistakes I may have made. It is being relzed in a rush but it is
in its 5th build prior to relz and learning new things in the CS. I hope you enjoy the mod, especially those of you in need of a new challenge.
Install the mod using OBMM
1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager.
2. Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen.
(icon should turn blue)
3, Using &zip, extract the files to Data in OB folder, if prompted, choose ot overwrite any existing files.
Pick which method you are going to use for uninstall based on how you installed it:
- = or = -
1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).
2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.
Folders with this mod are as follows
Oblivion\Data\Enter The Shinobi - Coors916.esp
Oblivion\Data\Enter The Shinobi Readme.txt
1. Start Oblivion Mod Manager.
2. Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen,
click Yes. (icon should turn green)
Further upgrades may become available from other community members, and I whole-heartedly encourage others to contribute to this mod, add to it, enrich it, but never to change the name of the .esp to allow for seamless upgrades from myself or others.
A certain global effect (called "Global" that is in Addonays Elven Sabers is also used in this mod, Just be sure to load this mod after that of Adonnays. I don't think it will cause an issue. Should be compatible with all mods that do not alter Rielle or the area directly north and northeast of Rielle, all modifications occur in Wilderness (-1,38 to 2,37) for modding reference.
Known Issues or Bugs
The only known issue is that of the Camouflage texture sometimes not showing up on the armor. Just un-equip and re-equip the armor to resolve this issue. this may or may not occur. Or save the game, quit to desktop and load again. This is not a big issue, and something which I�m sure a talented texture artist can replace or resolve.
V1.0 06/01/2007 - Initial release.
You can find me on the official Elder Scrolls forums as Coors916
You can find me on TESSource.net as Coors916
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS.
Thanks to TESSource.net for the one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
Thanks to lhammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
Thanks to the Nifskope team.
Big thanks to Cultbrain, Cryo, Xcessive, Dimitri Mazieres, Severian1984, Adonnay, Hobbs, Reneer, Alienslof & Robert, Xian, Viper Anaf, Modelman/Biometal, Marcos Armengol, Frantic, all the guys not limited to CorePC, Scruggsywuggsytheferret, the CS Wiki (Logam), lhammonds, and others for advice relating to the CS, scripting and my noob questions :)
I have taken all reasonable steps to contact the author's of the mods I borrowed items from and only 1 or 2 haven't responded, but due credit is given and their work greatly appreciated. If I have missed anyone, I profusely apologise for my oversight. Without you guys, my and others Oblivion experience would be severely limited in enjoyment of game play, and you all are the inspiration that got me interested in modding.
This is my first mod; pls forgive any fundamental mistakes I may have made. It is being relzed in a rush but it is in its
7th build prior to relz and learning new things in the CS. I hope you enjoy the mod, especially those of you inn need of a new challenge.
TES Construction Set - http://www.theelderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm
Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp
Photoshop - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/
Oblivion Mod Manager - http://timeslip.chorrol.com/obmm.html
Nifskope - http://www.niftools.org
DDS Converter - http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412
NVIDIA DDS plugin for Photoshop CS
You can develop this mod further, enhance it and generally make it better. In fact, please do, but do not change the theme, or take anything away from this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod and credit to the original creators of textures and meshes once you have gained their permission as well. I would also like to know what mods are including my work? All credit must be given to the authors/creators of scripts/meshes/textures etc... which I have gratefully been given permission to use.
Upgraded to Version 1.1
*Small bug fix with missing part ceiling in Rielle not being there in interior. Now it is fixed.
*Removed AI packages from Grandmaster Ninja so he doesn't get stuck in the Slash & Smash bedroom.
*Reduced the spawns of Shinjii Ninja's outside in Rielle and spaced them out a little further.
Upgraded to Version 1.2 11/01/07
*Small fix to PC Class Ninja, it is now longer a guard, therefore the guards will not talk to the pc as if they are a guard anymore, and will arrest etc... the PC. Players will no longer get bounties for killing the Ninja's either.
*Shinjii Ninja NPC's have undergone an AI overhaul. They have their own faction now, and they don't like alot of people except themselves. Also, for people starting the game fresh which they should with this mod ideally, there is a little surprise once they finish the tutorial.
*Added a note to further the story of the Shinjii Ninja to some NPC Ninja enemies at the new hand placed locations. These are new in this version 1.2 btw.
*Reduced the spawns of Shinjii Ninja's outside in Rielle and spaced them out a little further - again also to coincide with their new packages.
*Some minor tweaking with armor and weapon stats slightly reduced. Armor at start of game is now unenchanted. The enchanted will be sold by the Grandmaster in Lvl list, avail from LVl10-15.
*Silent MP3's created for the dialougue for the quest from the Grandmaster Ninja.
-Hopefully the final update/bug fix for now :)
Upgraded to Version 1.4 24/04/07
Fixed A Fighting Chance, no more disappearing floor.
Also removed some spells too (downraded chameleon power to 60%, removed shield and heal spells as were unbalancing if used incorrectly)
You will need the latest Oblivion patch as well now, v1.2
|File Name: Enter_The_Shinobi.7z|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 22.08 MB||Files Added: 9,648|
|Downloads: 7,955 (2 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,439,596 (74,215 last week)|
|Posted: 14.02.2008||Supporters: n/a|