Mod: Journal Mod 0.91 by Kyoma
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: All Downloads (1180) Patches (13) | Mods (1128) | Maps (5) | Movies (24) | Others (10)
This adds a journal that you can type anything you want into. Good for keeping track of forts/ruins/caves etc. you have visited, but not explored (especially early in the game if you are running OOO).
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
Journal Mod v0.91 - by Kyoma
This mod allows you to type stuff in a journal. You can type anything you'd like. Ranging from notes to what dungeons you still need to raid to map coordinates. You can make new lines and use any number or character. Here's a list with all of the features and a small description on how to use them.
* Typing an entry - Simply by following the options you will get a menu where you can type. After each key press the menu will update to show this new letter or character. You can use all letters and numbers, aswell as all characters. By holding either shifts it will be a capital letter. By pressing return you can make a new line and backspace also works like normal. You can also hold either control while you press backspace to remove the entire last word. Same with shift only this will remove the entire last line.
* Searching entries - In the main menu there's an option called "More options". In this menu you'll see the search option. Clicking it will open a menu similar to typing an entry. Only limitation is you can't use return. When you're done typing and press the search button a new menu will pop up displaying all of the search matches. You can view them, walk through them and edit them.
* Walking through entries - When the first menu opens you can select an entry. You can go to the next page if the current page is filled. Just click on the lowest button while keeping the right mouse button pressed. Or to go to the previous page you click the lowest button. Nothing else required. Alternatively you can press pageup and pagedown or right arrow and left arrow respectively. The same applies for when you are viewing an entry or a search match. In all three cases you it will only actually go to the next or previous page/entry/search match if the appropriate condition is true. These are very simple ones to make sure you can't go below the first or above the last one. You can see if you can go forward or backwards by looking at what the lowest button contains. If it contains "next something" you can go forward, if it says "previous something" you can go backwards. Or if you see both, you can do both.
* Choose from three different date notations and four different time notations. Should you not like any of the date notations you can make your own by combining different parts.
2. Installing, playing and updating
* To install simply copy all files to your "Oblivion/Data" folder. Do not change the folder structure. This mod requires OBSE v0014a or higher. You can find it at http://obse.silverlock.org/ and be sure to load Oblivion with the OBSE loader.
* As soon as you load a save with this mod active for the first time, you'll get an item called "My Journal". When you equip this it will open the journal. You can also drop the item and activate it from the world. For easy access you can bind the item to a hotkey or use the new hotkey this mod adds. By default it is 'J'.
* I'll try my best to keep all entries intact but it may happen during the first few betas that entries will be lost. If there's a chance to loose entries it will be mentioned at the top of this readme. Else, you can update without problems.
3. Version History
* 0.9 - Beta release, initial release
* 0.91 - Small update, added two dummy sound files to remove the annoying sounds while typing. Fixed a small bug that caused the mod to automatically go to the first entry when you first open the journal.
4. Known Issues and Compatibility
* When searching it will look for the entire text, so if you type "quest item" it will find all entries that contain "quest item", not if they contain "quest" or "item". Also, it will search for every word that contains that text, be it inside a word. Example, if you search for "test" it will find all entries containing the word test but also entries that contain words like "contest" or "testing". You can bypass this by putting a space infront or after the word. For example, searching for "test " won't find the word "testing". Keep in mind that if you do this it also won't find word "test, ".
* If you use Menu Escape by mmmlpd you cannot use right mouse button to go to the next page or entry. You can still use pageup or right arrow. Or alternatively you can hold left shift while pressing right mouse button, this will temporarely disable Menu Escape's feature.
5. Future of the mod
* Add some sort of filter function that will let you view entries per month or day.
* Add a way to completely delete an entry.
6. Contact and Feedback
Should you have any questions or comments you can PM me (kyoma) at the Elder Scrolls Forum or post in the forum thread (see top of readme). Alternatively you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The OBSE team ofcourse. Without them this mod wouldn't even exist.
* DragoonWraith for providing an excellent typing script. Without it, this mod would still require TSFC and Pluggy
* Elys and Tibixe for their respective OBSE plugin. Even though this mod doesn't require these anymore, I wouldn't have even started working on this mod without them.
* Phitt for helping me finding what sound files to replace to get rid of that annoying popup sound.
* All the guys who anwsered questions in the OBSE thread. Sorry I don't know who anwsered what question. :P
|File Name: Journal_Mod_091.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 30 KB||Files Added: 9,398|
|Downloads: 3,021 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 16,187,949 (85,557 last week)|
|Posted: 15.02.2008||Supporters: n/a|