Mod: This Mortal Crag
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: All Downloads (1180) Patches (13) | Mods (1128) | Maps (5) | Movies (24) | Others (10)
This is a complete quest overhaul of Frostcrag Reborn. Meet a powerful Ayleid who leads you to an underground Ayleid city, and there face an elf who has become like a living god. But along the way, you will experience the character of Valamoor, who will c
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- THIS MORTAL CRAG
Frostcrag Reborn 4.0
By Dr. Smith and indefiance
Download on OblivionNexus: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42187
Special Note: This Mortal Crag includes the original Frostcrag DLC and Frostcrag Reborn. Thus it is not compatible with any other Frostcrag mods or patches. I apologize for this, but it would take months of doing no other activities except for tedious formID changing to make this possible. I am not going to do this. No offense for the hard work of other Frostcrag authors, but these patches are not necessary for the majority to use this mod without issues. I have done my best, and that is all I can do.
Special Installation Instructions
1. Remove DLCFrostcrag.esp or any other Frostcrag patches/mods. DO NOT delete DLCFrostcrag.bsa.
2. Install the mod using OBMM, NMM, Wrye Bash, or manually. Let DLCFrostcrag.esp be overwritten.
3. Check This Mortal Crag.esp and DLCFrostcrag.esp if they are not already checked. Also check FrostcragRebornCobl.esp if you want the COBL additions.
4. Turn up all “Fade” graphic settings to 100%.
5. Disable any fog-changing settings of mods (if you don't know what this means, then don't worry about it)
4. You're done! Enjoy the mod.
Required Ini tweaks (if not using OBMM)
- Low-end computers: fLightLOD1=10000.0000, fLightLOD2=10000.0000, fSpecularLOD1=10000.0000, fSpecularLOD2=10000.0000
- Middle-end computers: fLightLOD1=15000.0000, fLightLOD2=15000.0000, fSpecularLOD1=15000.0000, fSpecularLOD2=15000.0000
- High-end computers: fLightLOD1=20000.0000. fLightLOD2=20000.0000, fSpecularLOD1=20000.0000, fSpecularLOD2=20000.0000
- All computers: bBorderRegionsEnabled=0
The best way to give me a comment or criticism:
1. Never tell me what I "should" do.
2. Remember that I made this mod for free, for myself, and for your enjoyment on top of all of that, so do not complain that you will not install this until “this happens” or that it is not going into your load order. I don’t care. Really.
3. Make sure someone hasn't already said what you're going to say.
4. Read the actual readme or file description first.
5. Give me real and honest input. Constructive criticism helps me. Saying you won’t install the mod does not, and only decreases your chances of getting to use it.
That said, please feel free to say whatever else is on your mind! I like to chat, and I will do my best to answer your questions.
This is a complete quest overhaul of Frostcrag Reborn. Meet a powerful Ayleid who leads you to an underground Ayleid city, and there face an elf who has become like a living god. But along the way, you will experience the character of Valamoor, who will challenge your ways of thinking and will have you questioning his true motivations.
Here’s the features, both new and old, that make This Mortal Crag unique:
- By popular demand, a brand new Frostcrag Mages Guild
- Many minor tweaks and fixes of different things throughout Avalon
- Removal of two giant, long, tedious and boring caverns, along with a quest-appropriate way to skip the long staircase--none of the cool things in Avalon have been changed, though
- New Ayleid city to explore besides Avalon
- Updated and new armors and weapons, including Ayleid armors
- Updated Ayleids
- Grammar, spelling, story fixes
- New characters, updated questline that includes all previous subquests from FR, and full voice-acting (done by me)
Frostcrag Reborn was a popular overhaul of Frostcrag Spire. It offered many new areas and some significant improvements to the Wizard’s Tower that make it the ultimate home not just for mages but for other types of players as well. Later the mod received a huge update in the form of a large quest into the mysterious, ancient Ayleid city of Avalon. While brilliantly made, Frostcrag Reborn had much left to be done, especially the quests, and Indefiance left his work behind for other modders to continue and perhaps even finish the mod.
This is my version of Frostcrag Reborn. This is what I wanted it to be. You don’t have to like it, but I encourage you to try it out.
Coming later is an expansion that will allow you to return to Avalon with the Frostcrag Mages Guild, and there you will face some startling discoveries....
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
Be sure to read through all of these, as these are merely in rough order of what I think people will most likely be asking first. I felt that it was easier to do things this way than to have a massive, long description that not many people would actually bother to read. Just like this block here!
How do I start the quest?
Check out the waterfall (HINT: there is a switch to turn it on and off) and then explore the vault.
HOWEVER: You will need to be at least level 20, have completed the main quest-line, and have purchased all of the items for Frostcrag Spire in order to play this mod. You can try and play through this mod anyway, but eventually you will notice where you cannot go any further without having done so.
IF YOU WISH TO CHEAT: I have made it very easy for you. In the Library you will find a Mysterious Orb that will grant you the power to continue the quest without prerequisites. There won't be any messages, however. If you take this route you may find yourself severely underpowered. If you’re level 20 and don’t want to waste time doing all of that stuff, however, then this is the option that I would take.
Also, you can cheat, but do so responsibly. Examples of quest-breaking console commands are: tcl, unlock, disable, tgm. Don’t use any of those, please. You WILL run into problems. This quest is built on the principle that you play through it exactly as it was intended.
Does this mod have any other mod requirements?
Yes, this mod requires Shivering Isles and OBSE, along with the other components that are included in the mod package (MIW, Ayleidoon Karan, and EMC).
Is this mod incompatible with…?
No. The only thing that this mod is incompatible with is the original Frostcrag Reborn or other Frostcrag Spire mods such as Frostcrag Revisited or Frostcrag Reborn De-Isolated (for those of you who don’t want the quest or have already finished it and just want a better usable tower). You can find the links for those mods at the top.
NOTE: Do not use mods or mod features that either A) move the fog distance, such as All Natural, or remove the fog meshes, such Darker Nights, Letter There Be Darkness, and Cava Obscura. Simply reconfigure or delete these mods as you see fit until you are done playing This Mortal Crag.
Removing or changing the fog will absolutely ruin your experience during the quest. And you MUST be sure to use the LOD tweaks above.
Do I really have to start over from a previous version of Frostcrag Reborn?
Yes. This will not change. Don’t ask.
Will I still have to wade through interminably long and tedious caverns?
No. One of the reasons I made this mod was because a lot of people never finished it or its quests, or else complained a lot about the huge dungeons. Some people actually got lost. This quest gives you more guidance and also removes some of the more annoying caverns that were just long caves and had no cool stuff in them. Nothing awesome has been removed, although some potentially awesome things have been added.
Does this mod include voice-acting?
Yes, although it’s not professional quality because my microphone sucks. Hopefully you’ll all appreciate my actual voice acting, though, since that’s typically more important in my opinion.
If you would be willing to revoice anything in this mod, I would be grateful. Just PM a link to or append some files of your voice acting. In particular I would like someone to voice the announcement in the Mana Hall that happens after you activate the Firing Crystals (that’s a mouthful).
Does this mod contain god-items?
Hopefully not. I tried to rebalance everything, but it’s not perfect. Still, Ayleid armor should now be just slightly better than Daedric, and the final weapon you get shouldn’t be too powerful either. Some of the Mana Well buffs are a tad much perhaps….
This mod now requires Enhanced Music Control (EMC). Why?
This allows you to enjoy all of the pretty new music for the mod that I included. The music MAY not work with Better Music System installed, so you might have to uncheck that for the duration of the quest.
- Indefiance for all of his hard work in creating the original Frostcrag Reborn
- ancient_laws for totally badass Auroran Battle Steed armor
- Meo for beautiful Ayleid Clutter
- MadCat221 and RDjeke for their amazing Ayleid Meteoric Iron Weaponry
- Jgreybear (Iomir) for generous permission to include resources from Ayleidoon Karan
- Xenius for graciously allowing the use of resources from Race Compilation for Robert’s Bodies
- AlienSlof for Slof's Seamless Male Dremora 1.1 Textures
- Metz for Weapon Display Resource
- For gratuitous open release of Slayer Swords
- Ayelie on DeviantArt for big lava texture
- CptJoker for his truly spectacular lava textures that I could never replicate
- Edgen for his incredible music to complement this quest
Anything from the original Frostcrag Reborn is open-source according to the author, Indefiance.
Ayleidoon Karan and Enhanced Music Control were included with permission. Contact those authors if you wish to use their content.
All other included mods were open-source and did not require permission, and you may see those in the credits section. Thank you all for your hard work, and thanks to Indefiance for making Frostcrag Reborn open-source so that we all may finish his work.
However, all new content made by me, including new quests, voice files, dialog, I consider my own original work and may not be used without permission. I put a lot of hard work into the new content, and I believe that it is my right to maintain personal control over that content.
If you wish to make a patch for This Mortal Crag, I simply request that you contact me so that I may put it on the main page where everyone may see it. That way everybody knows what patches exist and where to find them, and I have some say over what they include.
I know I personally look at these licensing sections and cringe when I see “you must ask permission,” so I’d just like to point out that I understand why mod authors do it.
It’s just nerve-racking, really, to know that what you made could be stuck out there in someone else’s hands and you don’t know what they’re doing with it. If you have a good idea for my content, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Contact me (Dr. Smith)
- Bethesda Softworks Forums: Dr. Smith
- Tesalliance: andersonsmith969
- Tesnexus: andersonsmith969a
- Updated ESPs to include Cobl and for better BOSS support
- Cleaned with Tes4Edit
- Updated readme with a lot of new information
- Fixed animation bug where animations such as sitting would not play correctly
- Fixed bug in Aftermath quest where Thomas would not always approach the player
- New "special effect" involving Valamoor and Darklight
- Other minor tweaks
|File Name: This Mortal Crag 4.02 Full.7z|| Author: Dr_Smith
|File Size: 297.29 MB||Files Added: 1|
|Downloads: 600 (9 last week)||Author Downloads: 600 (9 last week)|
|Posted: 17.09.2012||Supporters: 0 (+1 Add)|