Patch: Patch 1.00.08
This patch will elevate your game to version 1.00.08 by dealing with a localization issue, a crash caused by a missing asset, and a multiplayer glitch.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Universal Combat: A World Apart by 3000 AD - retail v1.00.08 patch
1. Exported additional localization strings to LANGUAGE.LNG
2. FIXED: Some missing asset (e.g. TSX1 sam unit) images would cause a crash if
you docked at a planetary starbase with such an asset and clicked on the CRAFT
button in Logistix.
1. The static displayed when a cloaked ship is detected, is now rendered in the
VDD like it is in single player.
1. FIXED: A missing value in the world script caused rings to not be rendered
on planets (e.g. Jupiter)
2. FIXED: Graphics rendering anomaly in the dynamic cloud layer (see from
space) on planets with rings.
3. When character models are preloaded, a status message during the load is now
displayed. Also, if both options of loading models and character models are
enabled in Config, then character models are only loaded once.
1. FIXED: The server wasn't correctly setting the hyperjump timer status for
regions which weren't being observed. This caused ships in those regions to be
stuck in hyperspace because the anomaly wasn't being updated.
1. FIXED: The external hyperspace jump fx wasn't working correctly.
1. FIXED: The collision detect optimizations in 1.00.03 were so fast that on
some ships (e.g. Violon) which have turret vectors in optimal locations, they
weren't firing correctly.
1. The graphics server can now run on remote servers which do not have PS 1.1.
This is a serious hack and is not supported. If it doesn't work, stick with the
console server or make sure that your remote server has PS 1.1 (which is the
minimum requirement for the game)
1. FIXED: When an auto-generation pass occured, intruders would randomly be
generated and transported to the CC. Sometimes during this pass, a CTD would
occur depending on the number of intruders currently on-board the CC.
2. FIXED: If you docked as an SFM with a shuttle asset and selected the CARGO
button, the game would CTD due to special handling required for this career
which was previously not allowed to have an asset.
1. FIXED: An INI file was out of synch, causing some multiplayer planetary
terrain locations to not be located.
1. Performance improvement revisions to planetary terrain rendering.
2. Performance improvement revisions to skeletal character model collision
3. Performance improvement revisions to global collision detect.
4. Revision to planetary terrain site textures. No longer rendered as Black at
5. FIXED: If you set a planet as a jump target (SHIFT+9), then saved the game
while in HJ transit, when the game was restored, the game would crash when the
craft emerges from HJ and about to enter the planet because the planet data may
not be stored in the saved game.
6. FIXED: NPC crafts emerging from planet to space in a region with more than
one planet/moon, would randomly emerge outside the wrong planet/moon they
7. FIXED: The ASSETS.INI table was out of synch when the ITEMS.INI was updated
with new additions. This caused player controlled threat assets (SAMs etc) to
fire the incorrect ordnance.
1. FIXED: Requesting a tow ship would sometimes select a station in the single
1. FIXED: The ASSETS.INI table was out of synch when the ITEMS.INI was updated
with new additions. This caused a shield and reactor upgrade to be listed
incorrectly in LOGISTIX.
|File Name: ucawa_1.00.08.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 43.55 MB||Files Added: 9,776|
|Downloads: 36 (0 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,402,390 (58,134 last week)|
|Posted: 19.10.2005||Supporters: n/a|