Patch: Patch 2225
Unreal Tournament 2003: All Downloads (8) Patches (1) | Demos (1) | Mods (2) | Maps (3) | Others (1)
Retail v2225 patch for Win32.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- Unreal Tournament 2003 by Digital Extremes and Epic Games - retail v2225 patch
This patch is completely compatible with the retail version and previous
patches - servers and clients of any flavor can connect with each other. This
patch will not overwrite your ut2003.ini and user.ini files, except to update
settings as necessary.
To use it with windows dedicated servers, rename it to ut2003-winpatch2225.zip,
open and extract it to a temporary location with winzip, and copy the system
directory (subdirectory of UT2003patch) into the system subdirectory of your
CHANGE LIST in v2225:
- allow several different default characters. Change the default character by
adding the following line to the [xGame.xPawn] section of your user.ini file:
PlacedCharacterName="aname" where aname can be "Gorge" (the default),
"Sapphire", "Malcolm". "Mokara", "Rapier", "Brutalis", or "Roc"
- fixed no instigator bug with goop and grenades if killer was blown up before
- added new mutator "DelayedSpawn". This mutator delays the initial spawning of
superweapons and super powerups (like UDamage, superhealth, and supershield)
- fixed sporadic problem with giving assist credit to players not involved in
flag capture in CTF
- fixed sporadic problem with pawns not animating on clients
- Fix adding in an extra bot when you've chosen custom bots and are spectating.
- custom bots stay on the teams they were put on, and ignore team balancing in
- The player who changes the color of the DDOM point scores the 5 points, not
the last player.
- fixed bug where could sometimes translocate into static meshes
- spectators can only chat with spectators if bPartitionSpectators config
option is true. This option is false by default, and can be made true by adding
bPartitionSpectators=true to the [Engine.BroadCastHandler] section of your
- support for new brighter teamskins (set by bright skins option in the Game
Rules tab). You must have BrightSkins patch downloaded for this to work.
(brightskins is client-side only)
- fixed displaying name of player who returned flag in flag return message
- announce name of scorer in bombing run
- "use map bot count" always adds at least 3 bots for team games
- no time limits in LMS or Invasion
- fixed joining LMS server as spectator after match has started not limited to
only spectator slots
- added configurable GameInfo property LateEntryLives. Defaults to 1. This is
how many lives another player can have lost and you can still join, for a
maxlives game like LastManStanding.
- fixed IronDeity shield spawning
- fixed CTF-DoubleDammage camouflage mesh
- fixed weapon throwing on listen server clients
- projectiles can affect dead bodies in net games
- improved scoreboard support for long names
- server side control for turning off weapon viewshake by adding the following
line to the [engine.gameinfo] section of your UT2003.ini file:
- new configurable property to prevent shield stacking of small shields. To
disable shieldstacking, add the following line to the [UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
section of your UT2003.ini file:
- zoom supershockrifle firing through multiple people now configurable (true by
default). To change, add the following lines to your UT2003.ini (server side):
- no superweapons in mutant
- fixed auto-slope. Since this wasn't functioning before, you may have it
turned on accidentally.
- added configurable property to control screen flash brightness, with values
between 0 and 1 (1 is the default). To modify this property, add the following
line to the [Engine.PlayerController] section of your user.ini file.
- added new mutator "UTClassic", with its own server browser icon. Modifies the
weapons to feel more like the original UT's weapons:
All weapons do more damage. Slower weapon switching. Shieldgun charges faster,
slightly longer range, less self damage for impact jumping Minigun firing modes
switched, no lockdown effect Shockrifle regular fire slower, does more damage.
Combos take less ammo. Slowed down rocket firing rate. Sniper rifle faster
firing, no secondary hit damage. Bio charged up damage relatively lower
(countered general weapon damage increase). Flak alt fires up a little more.
Translauncher more ammo, recharges faster, transbeacon fired up more FOV and
- added configurable properties to UTClassic to control double jumping. These
are all enabled by default. To disable, add the following section to your
Setting bCanDoubleJump to false turns off all double jumping. Setting
bCanWallDodge=false turns off wall dodging. Setting bCanDodgeDoubleJump=false
turns off doublejumping after dodging.
- added option for visible centered weapons.
- added option to have smaller first person weapons. Off by default. This
option is found in the Settings|Player menu, or can be changed in the user.ini
by adding bSmallWeapons=true to the [Engine.PlayerController] section.
- fixed inaccurate replication of remaining translocator charge, causing
players not to be able to fire when they seemed to still have charge
- all projectiles and shock beam centered with hidden weapons
- fixed shieldgun autofire misfires
- added more weapon not firing debugging. If your weapon stops firing, type
getweaponstats at the console. Then, continue trying to fire your weapon, so
more stats can be gotten. Both client and server must be upgraded to this
- fixed shield gun fire effect when weapon hidden.
- fixed transbeacon leaving flare behind when crushed by mover.
- telefragging always gibs.
- ion painter warms up a little faster
- added configurable property to have translocator aim up more like original
UT. This client-side option can be enabled by adding the following line to the
[xGame.xPlayer] section of your user.ini file:
- fixed lightning gun muzzleflash positioning in third person
- improved redeemer guiding
- sniper rifle zoomed visible area expanded
- custom weapon crosshairs: You can specify custom crosshairs and crosshair
colors for each weapon. To do this, add the following lines to the appropriate
weapon section in your User.ini file:
where CustomCrosshair can have any value between 0 and 13, and the Crosshair
color is in 8 bit RGBA format. You can also use your own custom textures (after
importing them into a utx) by adding
CustomCrosshairTextureName="package.texture" (where package is the name of the
UTX package, and texture is the name of the texture in the package.
- 4 digit fph
- fixed bot auto skill adjustment
- added custom bot AI configuration menu
- bots don't try to link with you if you are linking with them
- only use bots with upl menu strings "SP", "DUP", or "UNLOCK"
- performance improvement when trying to find path to dropped flags or bombs.
Also added NotReachableBy() event to Decoration, so flags and other game
objects can be notified if they aren't reachable.
- improved bot AI for mutant game
- fixed low-skill AI problems in DOM-Junkyard
- fixed bots don't change weapon at end of match, and always play victory anim
Performance/ Engine fixes:
- fixed xEmitter memory leak
- Improved bPreloadAllSkins for team games.
- set bShouldPreload (in [Engine.LevelInfo] section of UT2003.ini) to true on
initial configuration for systems with over 512 MB of memory. This makes these
systems preload all skins, reducing hitches in network play.
- no CD check!
- fix for name table corruption crash (which caused the reproduceable crash
reported when AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni in ut2003.ini, as well
as other intermittent crashes)
- fixed occasional crash when switching levels for servers with bots
- vampire mutator shows up in server settings
- dynamic netspeed adjust to deal with connections with variable effective
bandwidth. Can be turned off in the settings|network menu.
- fixed distance fog based network relevancy culling.
- fixed addnamedbot exec function. This is used by web admin, so adding bots
through web admin now works correctly as well.
- fixed client upstream bandwidth not always capped properly by server
- added -nocheat parameter to commandline to disable cheat prevention
- added ability to disable the security fix in networking (for testing
- only allow netspeed changes from console once every 15 seconds
- server version displayed in server browser and ingame server info (F2).
- fixed ghost players on server
- fixed Invasion not ending if server side demo recording
- fixed redirected download file size and percentage indicator
- fix for players falling of ledges client-side only (so the client thought
they were in a different place than they actually were
- New Mutator function OverrideDownload giving servers the chance to override a
redirect URL on a per-user basis, eg to give priority redirect access to your
- To customize bots without using the custom bot config menu, add a
[UnrealGame.CustomBotConfig] section to your UT2003.ini. Then add lines like
this one to the section:
where CharacterName = the bot character you are modifying, PlayerName = the
name to override the character name with All the AI settings range from 0 to 1,
with 0.5 as the default value.
- fixed server browser having hidden filtering options still enabled when
filters looked cleared.
- fixed disconnected/kicked players taking a long time to have their connection
- more networking improvements, particularly for higher ping clients
- moved "now viewing" in spectator mode to right side of HUD
- show proper HUD color in first person view when spectating in network games
- fixed link gun alt-fire obscuring view in spectate behindview 0
- show proper score in DM network games in top left hand corner of HUD
- fixed spectator showing up on scoreboard on server with no players
- show flag messages in first person view when spectating another player
- fixed invasion spectating when join as spectator
- fixed adding multiple CustonKeyBinding bug
- Exposed many internal karma simulation constants for mod developers to tweak:
Gamma (Relaxation Rate), Epsilon (Constraint Compliance), Penetration Offset
and Scale, Contact Softness, Max Contact Penetration, Max Karma Timestep, Max
Karma Speed and Max Ragdoll Speed. Use KSet/GetSimParams inside Actor to modify
NOTE: Changes to these take affect until you quit the game!
- use %20 in URL redirects for files with spaces
- umod installer AddIni fix
- added bNeverSever property for DamageType
- added PreventSever() to gamerules
- weapon config menu uses actor skin if different from default weapon skin
- User logs now save to \UserLogs
- Added force feedback support for devices other than mice (thanks Jason
Fleming of Immersion).
* Gamepads, sticks, wheels and mice usable as force feedback devices
* Wheels (1-axis) devices can play 2-axis effects, rather than failing
* Feedback device not initialized if all feedback settings disabled at startup
* Shutdown feedback system by unchecking all feedback settings in menu
* Start feedback system when first feedback setting checked in menu
- added unique sunlight actor icon (for editor)
- The Loading Map screen is now configurable for mods (GameEngine.LoadingClass)
- added -USERLOGO=, .BMP must be in \Help
- added ReplicationViewer and ReplicationViewTarget to LevelInfo. These are
valid during replication, showing for what viewer replication is currently
occuring. Useful for creating more complex replication conditions.
- fixed not being able to do same taunt or othe AnimAction twice in a row
- fixed invisibility on pawns with more than 2 skins on their mesh (up to 4
skins now supported - they must all be referenced in the skins array).
- Added PokeTerrain function to TerrainInfo.
PokeTerrain( vector WorldLocation, int Radius, int MaxDepth ) All values are in
world units. It pushes a squashed sphere into the terrain at the location
specified. Negative MaxDepth values will raise the terrain at the specified
Note that you should perform a trace first and ensure a TerrainInfo is
returned. Call the function at the trace's hit location. Static projectors such
as tree shadows have their data precomputed and the shadow will not move if you
dig a hole in terrain beneath them. Sorry!
- Added check to prevent webserver from being spawned on client
- Addressed some cleanup issues with QueryHandlers
- Fixed bug with special characters in game settings (&, , etc.)
- Added reverse sorting to player listing
- Fixed bug with sorted lists that caused new items that were added to be
dropped under certain circumstances
- Fixed bug that only allowed a managed group to be removed from a user if the
user was a member of that group
- Fixed bug with IP Policies not reflecting whether policy was "Accept" or
- Fixed bug with webadmin not allowing IP addresses containing wildcards to be
added to the banned IP list
- Fixed bug that allowed IP addresses with more than 4 octets to be added to
the banned IP list
- Fixed links in webadmin remaining active if admin does not have any
privileges applicable to that Query Handler
- Addressed webadmin textboxes not allowing values longer than the width of the
- Added support for custom skins for webadmin (documentation coming soon)
- Added fix to prevent admin privileges from "leaking" across threads (very
- Added support for creating outgoing connections from within webadmin (to
easily include remote content in webadmin)
- Fixed bug with giving users privilege to change bot skill level
- Updated bot page so that you can add bots with stats enabled if there are
still bots in the game
- Implemented "Kick Bots", "Change WebAdmin Skin", and "Game Status" privileges
- Added Game Status readout to Current Game page
- Fixed fallback materials for DM-Rustatorium and DOM-Junkyard
- fixed OpenGL bug causing degrading performance after level changes with the
NV_VAR/ APPLE_VAR codepath (thanks to Thomas Fortier @ ATI for pointing it out)
- fixed gamma for Editor if running on DX9 system
- fixed bug in D3DDrv which caused it to never release the D3D device
- added "nogamma" commandline option
- fixed "firstcoloredmips X" for DXT textures
- updated DefOpenAL32.dll
- Add MusicSkip console command to skip tracks in OGGPlayer
- Fixed possible problems with OGGPlayer
- Add "Play List" button to player setup
- fixed audio spatialization (thanks to Daniel Peacock @ Creative for the fix)
- fixed sound precaching bug
CHANGE LIST in v2199:
- Ambient weapon sounds (like minigun) aren't affected by level ambient sound
- fixed translocator trail effect sometimes not working at start of game
- fixed blue translocator trail
- enabled weather effects on DE bonus pack maps
- made weapon ammo bars more visible on HUD
- terrain collision bug fix (this fixes the holes on CTF-Citadel and BR-Anubis)
- fixed Geothermal red flag base pipe hole
- fixed personal weapon stats for zoom instagib.
- fixed BR ball getting stuck in BR-TwinTombs
- fixed shark skin in multiplayer (DM-Oceanic)
- allow players to join chosen team even if its filled with bots
- fixed switchtolastweapon not working properly with link, lightning, and
- Made minigun and link "lock-down" effect configurable (server-side). To
change the effect, you will need to add the following lines to your UT2003.ini
file, in the [UnrealGame.xDeathmatch] section:
The default is 1.0. A value of 0 = no momentum imparted, so no lockdown. This
is visible in the game rules (in the server browser, or when pressing F2).
- added ability to turn off translocator switching back to previous weapon if
fire is pressed while alt-fire still held down. To change, add the following
section to your user.ini file:
- Added setspectatespeed exec function, which allows you to change the speed at
which spectator moves on the fly. Default speed is 600.
- improved spectating switching between viewed players
- switching between viewed players doesn't lose behindview setting
- added player names and beacons to spectator view. Can be hidden by adding
the line bHideSpectatorBeacons=true to the [Engine.PlayerController] section of
- don't show "now viewing" at resolutions < 640x480
- added viewed player name to first person HUD.
- Fixed AddIni command for updating ini files by patches and umods.
- fixed a problem with ReviewJumpSpots on some levels. (ReviewJumpSpots is
used to verify that bots can use the Jumpspots as they are currently placed and
- Modified Speech Binder and Controls config to be more flexible
- reduced cheat protection false positives
- stats work for servers with bots (bots not included in stats)
- fixed: tournament mode can be configured from ut2003.ini
- removed log spam when players join using model not on server
- fixed bots balancing servers
- Fixed performance issue with ElecFields on dedicated servers
- Fixed challenge/response mechanism to prevent fake players
- String memory allocation server crash fix.
- Remove \'s before returning player and server name in GameSpy query
- Disable echo replies in GameSpy query
- Fixed nametable overflow crash for hacked package files
- Fixed unreal:// URL overflow crash
- Limit number of successful connections from a single IP per minute.
Configured by these settings (default values):
- Removed config keyword from QueryHandlers variable declaration
- Added server name to browser title bar in webadmin
- Fixed CurrentGame maplist select not auto-selecting the currently playing map
- Fixed mutator sorting on Mutators page in webadmin
- Added more support for skinning webadmin
- Fixed sorting on Player List page
- Fixed Player List page display for specs
- Added support for banning/unbanning by ID to webadmin (hash appears in Player
List & Banned IPs)
- Fixed display problem with mutators that do not have configured groups
- Added checks to IPPlayer page for invalid IP addresses in ban list
- Completed localization support for webadmin
- Added security level listing to Rules/Settings pages (master admin will see
associated security level for each setting)
- fixed ability to fire while viewing client-side demos
- fixed ping on scoreboard of client-side demos
- fixed client-side demo playback speed problem
- fixed various weapon effects (bullet hits, link beam) with client-side demos
- fixed client-side demo playback jerkiness
- fixed problem with changing weapon bindings key for shock rifle and bio rifle
- added icons to server browser, showing if servers are passworded, have stats
support, are latest version, are running any mutators, or are running instagib.
- Properly disconnect from server when getting back to the main menu
- Fixed the Password entry dialog to convert " ", "?" and "\" to "_"
- Fixed stats dialogue to auto-select "enable stats" when you first connect to
a stats server
- Fix for longer loading times experienced by some users with 2186
- Karma Physics: Make SSE do the same thing on AMD and Intel processors.
- Fix bug with sphere-convex contact generation (eg. driving on blocking
CHANGE LIST in v2186:
- now support left handed weapons
- fixed hidden weapons appearing occasionally on respawn
- spectators don't show up on DM scoreboard at end of match
- FPH doesn't change after match ends
- shock combos now work after going through static meshes, and at all angles.
- Fixed when entering a painzone you take double the damage/second in the first
second and the correct amount thereafter.
- added exec function SwitchToLastWeapon (bound to E by default)
- fixed megaspeed DMMutator game option.
- improved bombing run AI (better AI reset between scores)
- fix for CTF flag can't be picked up
- fixed showing flag icon on scoreboard even if holder not relevant
- fixed throwing out minigun screwing up assault rifle
- added server option bBrightSkins to [UnrealGame.DMMutator] (and in the game
rules menu). Setting it to true makes player skins brighter.
- fixed rocketlauncher can lock onto invasion monsters (bonuspack)
- change weapon sound pitch when berserk
- added bPreloadAllSkins config option to UT2003.ini, in the
[UnrealGame.UnrealMPGameInfo] section. Its false by default.
If true, all skins and character models referenced in .upl files are preloaded.
Only set this option to true if you have a lot of system RAM (512 MB or more).
This option reduces the hitch experienced when new players join a multiplayer
game during gameplay.
- only allow restartgame() to be called once.
- added a GetWeaponStats exec function, which writes weapon info to the log for
tracking down weapon problems
- Fixed VoiceMenu Acknowledgements to use the abbreviated versions if available
- other clients hear rockets being loaded
- fixed local stats for instagib
- fixed domination hud for spectators
- added the exec command "specviewgoal" that will attempt to show the current
goal (be it the flag/ball/dom point or the guy holding it).
- made flak shell more visible
- dropflag works in net games
- GameRules.NetDamage() always called in team games, and GameRules.ScoreKill()
not called twice
- momentum is passed as an out (by reference) parameter in
GameInfo.ReduceDamage() and GameRules.NetDamage()
- moved teammate momentum reduction to TeamGame.ReduceDamage()
- added ClientReceiveCombo() to xPlayer, to allow replication of mutator
- Mod authors can now add keys to the config menu. See
XInterface.GUIUserKeyBinding for info "how to".
- added support for pushing skins and meshes down from the server, with the
Use PlayerRecordClass to push down player skins and meshes from the server.
For example, if the Reaper clan was running a server, and had their own clan
skin in ReaperSkin.utx, here's what they'd need to do:
Create a new ReaperMod.u file, with the class Reaper in it. The package name
must be the class name with "mod" appended. Reaper is a subclass of
PlayerRecordClass, with all the default properties set appropriately to setup
up the character. Clan members will need to have a .upl file with the same
The server will need to have both ReaperSkin and ReaperMod in its
- improved cheat protection
- spectating improvements
- single pass through actor list for first pass relevancy determination for all
connections. Improves server CPU utilization by 20% to 30% for servers with
large numbers of players
- hide passwords in URL
- added bAdminCanPause configurable property to GameInfo. It's true by default.
To change it to false, add bAdminCanPause=false to the [Engine.GameInfo]
section of your UT2003.ini file.
- fixed precision problems with ping calculation
- fixed adminsay bringing up MOTD on clients
- fixed bots not properly losing player enemies when players log out of net
- Fixed LAN broadcast bug which caused problems in the LAN tab when multiple
UT2003 servers were run on the same machine
- TcpLink/UdpLink eventReceivedBinary fix.
- Fixed Bug in CheckIPPolicy
- fixed port swapping bug.
- maxspectators can be passed on command line
- Fix for Admin's Managed Groups
- Fixed Admin names showing multiple times when in multiple groups
- Added several game options to Web Admin
- Fixed Web Admin SetPlayInfo so that it won't be called twice on DMMutator
- Fixed MutatorFillPlayInfo so that it chains. Do not override
MutatorFillPlayInfo, just override FillPlayInfo
- Fixed MD5 package protection so that it would stop resetting all
RevisionLevels to 0 on loadup
- Fixed Web Admin Friendly Fire defaults
- Fixed Kick Command in AdminINI
- Changed the seperator character for the in-game admin menu from | to ESC
- Made Extended Console stop complaining when a MusicManagerClass wasn't
- Fixed UTServerAdmin so it would pass PreQuery and PostQuery calls to mods
- fixed banning someone in internet games bans all spectators
- Fixed occasional (!Closing) crash on playback
- fixed shock beam on client-side demos
- When recording demos on a client, listen server or single player, the demo
file only records demo frames at the frame rate specified in
NetServerMaxTickRate in the [Engine.DemoRecDriver] section of UT2003.ini. This
does not effect the frame rate, only the rate at which frames are written to
the demo recording file. This solves the problem of slow demo playback of
client-side demos on machines which are not as fast as the recording machine.
- fixed bug where ?timedemo was accidentaly including the precaching time
- LowSoundQuality option is saved properly.
- maps listed alphabetically
- Added Map name to loading screen
- fixed bug where menu mouse resolution was dependent on direction
- added "MouseX/YMultiplier" to scale raw mouse input in [WinDrv.WindowsClient]
in your UT2003.ini
- added support for up to 8 mouse buttons
- Fixed some Accessed None spam in the UI
- fixed 'half op" status for IRC client
- display channel topic for IRC client
- For custom game types, have seperate 'Custom' tab with combo box in the
- fixed bug which caused game to reverted to D3DDrv after patching
- added code to disable specular if neither ATI_texture_env_combine3 nor
NV_texture_env_combine4 are exposed (Linux DRI drivers)
- worked around fog related driver bug in older ATI drivers
- added code to switch back to desktop resolution at exit (Win98)
- fixed bug related to OverrideDesktopRefreshRate option
- added workaround for HW bug on certain older NVIDIA cards
- changed code to handle D3DERR_DEVICELOST on initial device creation
- updated DefOpenAL32.DLL with latest version from Creative
- fixed big memory leak caused by garbage collection problem with certain
levels (occurred on level change)
- fixed occasional crash which occurred during garbage collection on level
changes, or when joining a server
- fixed sporadic karma physics crash
- performance improvement: frame rate based culldistance for player shadows
- Benchmarked botmatches require ?attractcam=true to be appended on the command
line after ?quickstart=true to work like before
CHANGE LIST in v2166:
Demos can be recorded either on a server, or in single player, or as a client
in a network game.
For demos recorded as a client in a network game, you cannot cycle between
players in the match.
To record a demo on your server, start the server with the ?demorec URL
parameter. For example:
ucc server dm-gael?game=xgame.xdeathmatch?demorec=mydemo
Will record the game to the demo file mydemo.dem. If you leave off the
"=mydemo.dem", the server will record a demo with a unique filename starting at
demo0001.dem, demo0002.dem etc.
You can also use the "demorec" console command at the server console to start
recording a demo after a match has started. For example, "demorec mydemo" or
Use the "demoplay" console command. For example, "demoplay mydemo". During
playback, pressing Fire will cycle between the players in the game and a free
spectator camera. Pressing Alt-fire will switch between first and 3rd person.
"demoplay mydemo?loop" will cause the demo to loop infinitely until the
"stopdemo" console command is used.
Normally demos play back capped to the frame rate at which they were recorded.
To remove this cap, use "demoplay mydemo?timedemo". This will play the demo
back as fast as possible and dump the average fps to the console at the end of
the demo. If a demo recorded at a higher framerate than your computer is able
to play it back, the demo will play in slow motion.
The frame rate dedicated servers use when recording demos is adjustable in
UT2003.ini in the [Engine.DemoRecDriver] section. Change NetServerMaxTickRate
and LanServerMaxTickRate. The default values are 30 fps. Increasing these
will increase your server CPU utilization.
- friendly fire kills affect team scores
- made players a little brighter
- allow weapon throwing with weapon stay on (but can't pick up thrown weapon if
already have that weapon), plus added configurable gameinfo property
bAllowWeaponThrowing (default true)
- don't spam "you are ready/not ready" messages to console before game starts
- fixed FFA DM overtime end conditions
- Ability to have custom announcer voices. Make a new announcer voice pack
(with the same sound names as the original AnnounceMain.uax), named
NewPackName.uax (where NewPackName = whatever you want to call it), and put it
in the ut2003\sounds directory. Then, in the User.ini file (in the
UT2003\system directory) change:
- fixed strafe toggle
- support longer playernames on scoreboard/HUD
- show FPH in scoreboard
- fixed flags sitting on ground in CTF-Citadel
- more minigun ammo
- really fixed 4 rocket bug
- Fixed DM-TokaraForest flags showing up
- fixed CTF-LostFaith KillZ
- spectating maintains view - when a player dies it continues to view the
player when they respawn.
- improved texture precaching, removing a few early hitches
- moved arena mutator config and maplists from user.ini to ut2003.ini
- update .ini files without overwriting them! (except for settings added or
changed since we shipped)
- fixed bug when had more than 16 bots total on custom teams
- improved translocation (less failures)
- link alt no blood
- don't lose adrenaline if switch teams to team with less players
- added Gameinfo property bAllowBehindView, server option allows behindview in
net games if true (default false)
- made lightning gun recharge match up better recharge finish (it was playing
- reduced delays between allowed voice messages
- scaled weapon and powerup pickups down some to match player size better
- spectators can go through doors/movers
- fixed catching weapons in mid air
- added DropFlag command
- adjusted distance fog in some levels to make them look crisper/higher
- if weapons are invisible, firing is centered
- added PipedSwitchWeapon exec function, to allow you to bind to weapons to a
single key by editing your user.ini, e.g. "e=pipedswitchweapon 5 |
pipedswitchweapon 7" allows you to switch to and between the linkgun and the
- added configurable option bShowMessageText to TeamVoicePack, controls whether
text of non-taunt voice messages is shown. To change this value from its
default of true, add the following lines to your user.ini file"
- added in-game personal stats (bound to F3)
- Added Server Info which includes MOTD and Rules (bound to F2)
- Added In-Game Chat Client (Similar to IRC)
- made team section of HUD scaleable
- Mouse acceleration threshold now in the menus
- FOV settings 80 to 100 in menu - FOV defaults to 85, set it to 90 to feel
more like UT
- Press f10 to cancel added to connect message
- "Blob shadows" option added to menus
- Change "corrupted connection detected" to "incompatible game files"
- Add name of weapon you are switching to to hud
- Fixed DisplayProgressMessages to only show MOTD once
- Added color codes to text messages
- Fixed MOTD to be able to handle more than 4 lines
- Add up/down key history to IRC input
- Allow double-clicking 'unreal://' and 'http://' URLs in IRC chat.
- Add colour to IRC (nicknames, join/leave messages, links etc.).
- Ctrl-C in server browser copies selected server URL
- Extra game-type tabs created automatically for installed game types (from
- Add extra fields to server browser filter - 'dont want this mutator',
- fixed blue team preference not being saved
- added configurable HUD option to not display enemy names under your crosshair
- fixed bot aiming link shaft at crouched opponent
- BR AI improvements
- CTF AI improvements
- improved skyline bot AI
- improved bot use of ion cannon
- make sure ClientNetSpeed can't get set to 0
- improved client ping measurement
- fixed client location synchronization problem that could happen when you fell
out of a crouching height only area
- fixed bug where lost ability to fire
- fixed weapon idle animations on net clients
- fixed GetLocalPlayerController() on net clients
- fixed BR-Skyline airship in netplay
- improved smoothness for high ping clients
- fixed minplayers+stats coexistence
- admins can pause net games
- fixed combo effects showing up in net games
- *really* fixed redeemer firing bug
- Fixed bug that caused garbage collection not to occur between level changes
- Gamestats class is now configurable via ini
- Security actor is now configurable via ini
- Add ClientReplaceMenu in Playercontroller
- Added Admin command NextMap
- Applied fix for bug where some string checking in Web admin failed
- Fix bug in Web admin that causes "WebAdmin:" to appear twice
- Added security level checks to web admin's ServerChangeMap
- Applied fix for linux Web Admin regard hard-coded IP addresses
- Applied fix for Admin kicking via XAdmin
- Closed security hole where admins could look/set security info
- reduced ConnectionTimeout to 15 seconds
- allow players to enter as spectators in games with maxlives>0 that have
- replicate weapon reload sounds
- allow admins and spectators to use behindview
- added ModifyVelocity() event to Pawn, to allow mods to modify physics
behavior - its called by the physics code after the velocity is updated, but
before it affects the Pawn's location.
- added mutate() replicated function for use by mutators
- fixed teamgame ReduceDamage() allows mutators to override even if
- added skeleton option to .upl player descriptions (for user created models
with different skeletons)
- Add -MainMenu= command line param
- Fixed several internal hardcoded menu links
- Fixed GUIController to always use the ini set MainMenuClass
- Propagate LevelChange() through the interaction and gui system
- Add MutatorFillPlayInfo to allow mutators to add web admin settings
- Added bContactingLevel output variable to KarmaParamsCollision.
- fixed umod installer
- Memory leak fixes: Explicitly destroy KarmaParams in
Actor::PostScriptDestroy, and 'new' KarmaParamsSkel instead of using
- Fix for crash with per-tri karma collision with static meshes with no
- fixed z- pixel fog and favored it over vertex fog
- worked around vertex fog driver bug on ATI cards
- added workarounds for S3 cards like the Savage 4
- added OverrideDesktopRefreshRate option (defaults to false)
- fixed occlusion if EAX 3.0 is enabled
- play own footstep sounds with weaponbob false unless set
[UnrealGame.UnrealPawn] bPlayOwnFootSteps=false in user.ini
- more sound prioritization improvements
CHANGE LIST in v2136:
- suicides count against team score in TDM
- fixed attenuation flak chunk damage over distance
- reduced minigun spin up time slightly
- made shock beam effect thicker
- always keep dynamic light for shock projectile, even in low detail mode
- translocation destination adjustment bug fix
- "kdraw collision" disabled in MP
- player dies before ball gets through hoop should still get credit for throw
- fixed redeemer point blank shots
- double tap time invariant to gamespeed
- get rid of 03_2 use (duplicate of "three" sound)
- fixed problems with overtime not ending on first score in some situations
- fixed transloc camera sometimes taking two taps
- fixed 4 rocket bug
- fixed instagib really is instaGIB
- fixed 10 seconds before can speak again
- fixed killz in CTF-December, CTF-Face3, CTF-Citadel, and BR-IceFields
- clamped max view bob
- fixed tokara forest switching to CTF
- fix for balllauncher switchaway bug
- fixed problem with teammates grabbing the flag right when you score
- fixed No Adrenaline mutator not allowing other mutators to work
- fixed getting correct bots on configured bot games with no bots on one team
- fixed falling damage bug
- straightened lightning bolt (purely visual change to make it easier to see
where you're shooting)
- fixed shieldgun impact charging effect fps slowdown
- Fix bug where ragdolls didn't turn skeletal when they fall into lava volume.
- If there is no momentum on death, add a small random one. Reduces ragdolls
just falling to their knees.
- added mouse acceleration for improved fine aiming control. Can be turned on
by adding the following line to the [Engine.PlayerInput] section in user.ini:
- added "now viewing" message when spectating
- Fixed: At end of match it says "You've lost the match" while spectating
- assault grenade faster minimum muzzle velocity
- fixed water footstep sounds sometimes not playing when touching
- no behindview cheat in net games
- Simplified using custom ragdolls. 'Ragdoll=xxxx' in the .upl file now
overrides the species ragdoll asset for the character. This approach is
compatible with the cheat protection.
- Fix screwed-up vehicle camera.
- increased skeletal mesh pool vertex buffer lifetime from 500 to 1000 frames
- rocket smoke trail whiter
- rocket launcher max ammo now 30
- improved instagib beams
- no shooting through people in classic instagib (just like it was in UT), you
can still shoot through them in zoom instagib
- fixed replicating blood spurts when hit
- improved sound positioning/attenuation
- fixed suicide spamming lagging servers
- fixed AI slowdown when can't reach player's location
- typed messages stay up on HUD longer
- don't limit chat when game is paused
- fixed joystick support in menus
- added joystick hat support
- made sure "showlog" leaves fullscreen first
- new HUD options in menus:
Number of console messages shown
Console message font size
Ability to turn on and off various pieces of the HUD
Ability to scale the HUD
- Cut and Paste in Console and server browser/edit boxes.
- Change IForce to TouchSense Mouse Settings
- Added Min/Max players to Map Selection
- Added Author Name to Map Selection for Non-Epic maps
- Add Description field for Mod Authors and hooked it to the scrolly
- Added Announcer volume control to menus
- 'Speech' binder menu in Settings.
- Mouse wheel support on speech menu. On by default, but the ut2003.ini option
bSpeechMenuUseMouseWheel turns it off.
- Letter key support in Speech Menu. The ut2003.ini option
bSpeechMenuUseLetters turns this on, and you can specify what keys it uses in
the .ini file as well.
- Fix [ALL] being at the bottom of the speech menu player list.
- added joystick hat support
- made sure "showlog" leaves fullscreen first
- fix for particle "priming"
- enabled "preferences" and made it leave fullscreen
- added support for Asian language keyboard input via IME
- fix for particle "priming"
- enabled "preferences" and made it leave fullscreen
- added support for Asian language keyboard input via IME
- added "TOGGLEREFRAST"
- 'Add IP' and 'Add Buddy' dialog's focus the edit box by default.
- can change crosshair color
- bots supporting player will grab nearby pickups
- fixed bots rotating to acquire targets too fast
- added ReactionTime parameter for bots
- fixed bots stuck in corners wanting to go to paths above
- bots go after adrenaline more
- fixed editor crash when rebuild paths with new pickupbase
- UnrealEd works on Win98
- added option to cap framerate in netplay (on by default). This improves
client smoothness by keeping client physics updates more in sync with server.
Its controlled in your UT2003.ini file in the [Engine.LevelInfo] section by
- improved ping measurement shown in scoreboard
- F6 bound to "stat net" again
- improved client movement on jumppads
- Buddy list wildcards
- Master server cheat protection MD5 support
- Removed server connect() 10054 warning
- servers no longer don't reconnect to master server on authentication failure
- Show server ip in server browser
- Remove ICMP logspam by default
- IRC client under 'Chat' tab in Server Browser.
- Added 'Server Browser' button in-game so you can view servers/chat without
- Remove spurious qhull-related warnings at the console eg. when running a
- Removed a lot of server log spam
- added AdminSay function which works from log window
- overtime ends if no one left on server
- stats compatible with minplayers > 0 (stats start when number of bots drops
- fixed bug allowing bots to be added by admins in stats enabled games
- dedicated servers don't need to load skins/meshes/voices
- server CPU improvements (don't find actor channel reference twice)
- fixed server memory leak
- fixed CD check problems on some machines
- fix for SiS 315 and other TnL cards only exposing one vertex stream
- better debug output for certain fatal failures
- better handling of running out of memory in default pool
- possible fix for UD3DRenderDevice::Unlock crash
- fix for "CreateVertexBuffer failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)" crash
- made code respect D3DTEXOPCAPS_MODULATEALPHA_ADDCOLOR caps bit
- fixed case that led to an invalid stage setup in certain scenarios
- more Voodoo 3/5 & G400 workarounds (never sending more than 2 texcoords)
- better error message for UnSetRes
- changed error message for crash inside D3D8::DrawIndexedPrimitive
- now tries system memory pool if allocation in default pool fails even after
evicting all managed resources
- made FAuxRenderTarget destructor flush rendering resources
- added AvoidHitches" option to the D3D renderer which might be useful for
people with 64 MByte cards that play on high detail settings. It significantly
reduces the occurrence of substantial hitches, but slightly reduces average
- replaced 8x8 dummy texture with 1x1 texture
- increased VARSize from 20 to 32
- added code to correctly fill in GMachineVideo
- implemented DesiredRefreshRate
- implemented ReduceMouseLag
- friendly error message when trying to run the Editor
- implemented missing case where neither NV_texture_env_combine4 nor
ATI_texture_env_combine3 are exposed
- changed VAR code to try smaller VAR ranges before giving up
|File Name: ut2003-winpatch2225.exe|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 12.34 MB||Files Added: 11,451|
|Downloads: 457 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 18,976,233 (26,685 last week)|
|Posted: 29.06.2004||Supporters: n/a|