Unreal Tournament 2004: All Downloads (499) Patches (10) | Demos (1) | Mods (265) | Maps (218) | Movies (1) | Others (3)
This mutator mod adds kangaroo NPC's to the map.
Expand Full Description & Credits
- File Instructions:
- This is a Mutator meant to populate any map with Kangaroo Non-Player Characters (ROO NPCs). Options for this mutator include the Australian RooLette and RooHunt minigames. Advanced Options include the RooHunt Match (essentially a change in the Deathmatch and TeamDeathmatch gametypes).
ROOs are simple creatures. They graze a lot and they are startled easily. When they're startled, they'll hop around until they get tired. Then, they stop and graze. If they get stuck while hopping or hop into water, they try to turn back to where they started. You can startle ROOs by Bumping, Touching, or Damaging them. If a ROO is dies, it calls out to startle nearby ROOs before gibbing nicely.
Australian RooLette is a minigame where one ROO will be rigged with powerful explosives (Redeemer-sized). Advanced Options allow a timer setting on the explosives and the option to hide the explosives for a true Aussie RooLette experience.
RooHunt is an option to keep track of ROO Kills, show a RooHunt HUD to display your rank, number of kills, and ROOs remaining, and to display the rankings list at the end of the match or when all ROOs are killed. The Advanced Option, RooHunt Match, changes the end game conditions of Deathmatch and TeamDeathmatch so the winner is the one (or team) who has killed the most ROOs, survived and (in case of a tie) was the first to kill a ROO. Another Advanced Option allows a setting for MaxLives in RooHunt Matches. If a LastMan condition is met, an automatic timelimit setting can be set, based on the number of ROOs placed in the map.
To play Australian RooLette with any gametype:
Configure the ROOtator for 'Australian RooLette' and launch your desired gametype as normal. The Advanced Option 'Hide TNT' can be enabled to make the TNT pack strapped on the RooLette ROO invisible. The Advanced Option 'RooLette Timer' can be set to the number of minutes before the explosives will detonate automatically. ( 0 = Never )
To keep RooHunt scores during any gametype:
Configure the ROOtator for 'RooHunt' and launch your desired gametype as normal. A HUD display will track your rank, number of ROO kills, and the number of remaining ROOs. At the end of the match, or when all ROOs have died, a small ranking list will display the RooHunt players in order of performance, ties going to the player who killed a ROO first. This option will not affect the normal gametype's score. It is only a fun distraction for bots and players.
To play the RooHunt or Team RooHunt gametypes:
Configure the ROOtator for both 'RooHunt' and the Advanced Option 'RooHunt Match'. Then launch a Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch game. The Advanced Option 'MaxLives' may be set to limit the lives available to each player. ( 0 = No limit ) The winner is the player or team who kills the most ROOs and survives, if MaxLives have been set. Ties will go to the player who killed a ROO first.
Little extras to this mutator include:
- An option to 'Always Keep ROOs', which disables a normal "garbage collecting" function to remove startled, but forgotten ROOs after a short time.
- An option to allow ROO Kills to award one point of adrenaline.
- Full bot support. Bots will play normal games fine, only occasionally going after a ROO, when it doesn't interfere with their objectives. In RooHunt Matches or with RooAdrenaline enabled, they will go for ROOs with a vengance. Higher skilled bots avoid the RooLette ROO or shoot it at long range, etc.
- A revival of the Bot/Player celebration animations from UT2k3, when one has won a RooHunt Match. (including all taunts and special character animations)
- A (borrowed) Easter Egg where there's a chance (5%) that fun Epic Names will be used for bots in RooHunt Matches. These names include, "EpicBoy", "Turtle", "Evil_CliffyB", and most notibly, "The_Reaper", who will always be two full skill levels above all other bots (so watch out for him).
RooHunt Match Tips:
- Because ROOs can find even the most remote places to hide, use higher skilled bots and get to know your maps well.
- Play standard maps or maps with good bot support. Some maps can include areas not supported by bots where ROOs can hide for a long time.
- If you use the 'Always Keep ROOs' option and elect to set MaxLives to zero, use a Timelimit setting to prevent a hard to find ROO from extending the game indefinately.
|File Name: rootator.zip|| Author: Admin
|File Size: 248 KB||Files Added: 9,776|
|Downloads: 421 (1 last week)||Author Downloads: 17,399,247 (57,582 last week)|
|Posted: 16.10.2007||Supporters: n/a|